Domestic Terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
If I agree with the concept, and am happy to pay, and I get what I pay for, I am not extorted. You've hammered that nail a dozen times or more, and though I'm open to being persuaded, I'm not persuaded.

I'll happily pay a nickel on a dollar to have [ in theory] my 95 cents live at home. I'm pretty sure most people feel the same, especially those who've gotten genuine service for their nickel's worth.
Thanks for bringing that point up.

Yes, exactly, if you agree on an individual and voluntary basis, that's your business, as it should be.
I have no right to make your choices for you and it's reasonable for me to expect the same, to be free of having others choices forced on me, if I'm behaving peacefully to begin with.

My point being there is a corresponding and logical reciprocity of exercising free choice. If there weren't, it would be a situation of subservience, where others "make your choices" for you, which is something I am against.

As an aside, I did hammer that nail a bit didn't I ? Yet, not one person could prove it wasn't a valid point. Extortion, doesn't become "not extortion" by some kind of title or magic papers or badge. It is the ACT of extorting not the entity that does the extorting which determines if something is extortion or not extortion.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
So you want to have a country with no leadership? What do you do when there is world shit to take care of just avoid it?

someone has to do that crap.

And i am done stirring pots...i just truly dont understand how that could ever work.

What country on earth has a government like you describe? Or is it more a utopia ideal?
It's not completely simple but in a modern setting the internet could be used as a form of government in the sense ideas could be created and voted on by the populace. Also it's a amazing place where ideas and intelligence can be uploaded and shared amongst everyone for the betterment of society. No more patents etc. True power to the people. No more superyachts, castles kings and dirty politicians. Real leaders like engineers, scientist and leaders of there field can have a actual input on how to better things and not destroy everything around us via war and pollution.

Whip Eurass

Super Active Member
As an aside, I did hammer that nail a bit didn't I ? Yet, not one person could prove it wasn't a valid point. Extortion, doesn't become "not extortion" by some kind of title or magic papers or badge. It is the ACT of extorting not the entity that does the extorting which determines if something is extortion or not extortion.
But what is it that you're arguing overall? It's possible it was drowned in the sea of posts today, and I can't recall, so refresh if need be.

Would you like to refuse to pay your $5 extortion fee, and your home become a 'no respond' dwelling for police? Or keep a couple more, and be on the exclude list of the snow plow? Maybe you and a couple of neighbors hang on to your cash, and have no road at all?

Can't be done, can it? What good is your $$ if you've called Life-Alert, in your home without a road, and a foot of snow covering your trail? What about the neighbor down the street that paid, but can't get service because you opted out?

Surely I'm missing one of your points.

It's not completely simple but in a modern setting the internet could be used as a form of government in the sense ideas could be created and voted on by the populace.
339f111bdbbf6425c528880c3389abd5.gif

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's not completely simple but in a modern setting the internet could be used as a form of government in the sense ideas could be created and voted on by the populace.
That is a democracy - we are not a democracy. In a democracy, 51% of the people can vote that they now own your land, or your rights, or your bicycle or whatever. The mob is not always right - in fact, it rarely is.

True power to the people. No more superyachts, castles kings and dirty politicians. Real leaders like engineers, scientist and leaders of there field can have a actual input on how to better things and not destroy everything around us via war and pollution.
In my world EVERYONE has the opportunity to get that superyacht if that is what they want - they just need to work for it. In your "perfect" world there is no dude in the garage inventing the computer. Why bother? There won't be profit in it - just chill.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
That is a democracy - we are not a democracy. In a democracy, 51% of the people can vote that they now own your land, or your rights, or your bicycle or whatever. The mob is not always right - in fact, it rarely is.

In my world EVERYONE has the opportunity to get that superyacht if that is what they want - they just need to work for it. In your "perfect" world there is no dude in the garage inventing the computer. Why bother? There won't be profit in it - just chill.
In my world its 2020 and the computer has already been invented. In my world people like Nikola Tesla died poor because they were undermined by corporations. In my world peope amass huge amounts of money and use it as power over people. You see paper but I see resources and man hours. Truth is it's impossible for everyone to succeed even if they had the means it isnt in the formula. You have these ancient American principles of the American dream, chances for everyone, hard work=success and guaranteed gratification, which are in my opinion are more far fetched than my ideals of a utopia. You cannot have wealth without debt. In my world people are still owned by others and the sake of decency and care of the world goes to the wayside in exchange for profits. In my world millions of man hours are dedicated to doing nothing but being a servant to others daily. All with the ideals that one day they may be the man standing over others. It's a sick mentality to have at the very least and it isnt sustainable.

Whip Eurass

Super Active Member
In my world its 2020 and the computer has already been invented. In my world people like Nikola Tesla died poor because they were undermined by corporations. In my world peope amass huge amounts of money and use it as power over people. You see paper but I see resources and man hours. Truth is it's impossible for everyone to succeed even if they had the means it isnt in the formula. You have these ancient American principles of the American dream, chances for everyone, hard work=success and guaranteed gratification, which are in my opinion are more far fetched than my ideals of a utopia. You cannot have wealth without debt. In my world people are still owned by others and the sake of decency and care of the world goes to the wayside in exchange for profits. In my world millions of man hours are dedicated to doing nothing but being a servant to others daily. All with the ideals that one day they may be the man standing over others. It's a sick mentality to have at the very least and it isnt sustainable.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@JohnFonda - I am not an uneducated man. I also have life experience. Unicorns and rainbows is all cool and stuff, until some shithole country wants to take your rainbows.

As far as the ass-hat globalists you call scientists that are convinced that they can change the weather, when ANY "scientist" tells you that a matter is "settled" they are not scientists. Science is the quest for things to prove or disprove your theories. If they stop looking they aren't in science any more. They are in the business of selling their product.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You have these ancient American principles of the American dream, chances for everyone, hard work=success and guaranteed gratification,
I see where you have been duped. The pursuit is guaranteed - not the result.
Name one racist law on the books now preventing anyone of any color from doing something.
We are all Americans, and all have a fair starting point.

If you want to play victim., never got a work ethic, so be it. We had a black President - STFU.

If you think that 20 years of schooling in a certain profession makes you best to decide real life things for humans, look at how bad Dr. Faucci and Dr. Birx fucked up the Scamdemic. You don't quarantine healthy people - not in a free society. You make them aware of the risks (most of which were lies) and you let them choose.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Truth is it's impossible for everyone to succeed even if they had the means it isnt in the formula.

You cannot have wealth without debt.
It’s America. Land of opportunity. Everyone can be successful. Everyone, if they apply themselves and aren’t a piece of shit. Couches ruin a lot of dreams, don’t have a couch.

I have a fuck ton of debt. It’s all good debt. Only bad debt is have is my home mortgage. Even it’s not particularly that bad due to the amount of equity I have. I owe on every rental property I’ve acquired in the last year or so. I’m not over extended by any means but they do have mortgages. I have money put back to pay them if I’m not getting any income from them. Rental rates went up through covid 😆.

Having debt is not a bad thing at all.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
If 80yo Grandma with COPD wants to jump in the mosh pit with no mask? MURICA! Its her decision!
How about this one, the same 80 year old grandma with Covid(not COPD) and knows it, decides to jump into that mosh pit without any warning to anyone because she feels its her right to make sick as many as she can. Is it still her decision in so much that no one should be allowed to stop her? If its her right, what are the rights of the folks shes trying to get sick and possibly kill.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How about this one, the same 80 year old grandma with Covid(not COPD) and knows it, decides to jump into that mosh pit without any warning to anyone because she feels its her right to make sick as many as she can. Is it still her decision in so much that no one should be allowed to stop her. If its her right, what are the rights of the folks shes trying to get sick and possibly kill.
Ask lefties that think it's OK for AIDS carriers to do it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And the only people she could possibly kill are other geriatrics or medically unstable people that also knew the risks and wanted to fucking dance!

For the other 99.7% of the people, they might get a symptom or not.

How many people with the flu go to work because they can't afford not to?

Status
Not open for further replies.