DetroitToPortland’s constant Organic Grows

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Nice bro

Quick question, you using a pump in the cloner? Or like a dewey mister inside?
I hated having to use a chiller bc of the pump, so annoying
It’s like 63 in my house and the humidity is around 40%, so I don’t need a chiller. I have the EZ Clone pump/sprayer on 15 minutes and off for 45-15 minutes at random. I use FloraShield 1:100 to keep nasties at bay, and KLN hormone+vitamins 1 tsp/gal. Every 3-4 days I add ~1 ounce of diluted pool shock, HTH is 5$ a bag and makes nearly the same solution as clear rez at 1g/gallon. I notice the chlorine evaporates out of my gallon even in a dark cool closet, so I add like 5-10 granules of shock before I use it.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
41B47BF3-21C8-4FF2-8E56-510C86CBE267.jpegFlower getting smelly, going to swap another LED for a second 750 or 1000 HPS. Just a FYI, HPS throw light at an angle for superior coverage, the angle depends on reflector choice. Gavita HR96 is at 138 degrees for medium spread and high penetration. You need 3 feet between the crop to take advantage of spread, and around 4 feet on either side of the bulb so you don’t lose it to the walls.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
COBs do not spread like the HPS, they’re far more direct especially at close range. Bare COBs spread a bit better than those with a lens, but in an effort to spread the extra blue wavelengths as much as possible, I’ll heighten the COBs and rotate its position slightly about the middle. Increased blue light encourages heightened terpene production, and HPS enter the plant at an angle, maximizing photosynthetic contact. The red light enhances THC and cannabinoid production. I will try to find the few lonely studies I once read comparing LEDs to HPS. Both have their upsides, but HPS is actually cheaper long run to cover the same area with a higher surface area of contact. 4688280B-4B9A-4265-B271-72937C9899EF.jpeg

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
D5F9AAB0-5131-478E-B6F4-046714FEB7C5.jpeg
Ladies and gentlemen, after years of secret breeding projects with everything from useful, to green point, to In-House and Exotic Genetics, I have finally found a truly unique 50/50 hybrid in terms of smell, taste and a combination of effects on mind and body. This thing is so crossed up it’s gonna be hard to identify it’s family tree, which I’m keeping secret for now. This one checks all the boxes of a powerhouse like GMO or Gorilla Glue, Smells like a skunk took a bath in sugar sweetened diesel fuel and then walked through glue for an underlying scent you almost struggle to identify. I have no name for it yet, probs would be hard to reproduce in seed form, might be clone only gal. Genesee compassion club and my patients now know it as Diesel #2 from a series of test plants, but this is a winner. I actually got dizzy trimming today. Initially Sent it barely dry to friends, and was told it was stupid dank. I just blunted it myself for the first time, fresh dry off the stem, and while I can only tell so much from a 1.25g smoke-test, it seems like a totally unique terpene profile. Two sessions, the second time I didn’t expect a 4-5 hour ride but both times it was lengthy. Strap in for this one and prepare for an unexpected transition of effects. The high continues to set in after being smoked, peaking at a solid 40 min. A perfect hybrid, starts with an energetic head buzz accompanied by a brief sensory delirium; by the time I was half Into my blunt I tapped out a bit wobbly, somehow enjoyably so.. As it peaked a Narcotic-like sensation sunk down through my whole body, especially into my feet. 4 hours later into session 2, it almost feels as if I’m standing on a cloud, or wave, transitioned into a more calming yet still very euphoric and happy state. Mid day I didn’t feel any drop in energy or mood often associated with coming down. Wouldn’t smoke too early before bed unless you like to sleep through cerebral effects. Plant Vegs fast, very tough to handle in flower, I found I need to make environmental and nutrient changes, I suspect I’ll need a few rounds to perfect it but I did a pretty good job. Working on name ideas, like I said I kept the project and genetics secret for years and it will remain so foreseeably. Lab test time! Shocked if it’s under 20%.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
3222B4DA-2764-4F0B-A7D0-8626CB8528A6.jpeg
Slurricane #7 fresh frozen bubble hash.160u, 75u and 25u. Small 500F dab of 25u: incredibly crisp grape flavor, nearly oil potent as is. Even the 160 was high quality; second and third not-pictured washes of 25 and 75 are still gold aside from the third with a slight green tint to all of them but with no plant material to be seen. Hopefully third wash will press gold like the first two washes but I doubt it, still smells dank af. Always improving, always.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
EF59BC4A-8C73-4E47-AEE9-8062229D0446.jpegStretch is on gotta love those 9.5 ft ceilings. 78-76 surface temps, need some extra PPFD on the sides with two more overlapping 600/750 HPS to compliment and dim down the 1000 watt. Ushio noticeably better than the gavita bulb. I like the 150 degree open reflectors; at the end of the day even PPFD is better than potential hot spots. For 10 ft ceilings the 130 degree HR96 reflector style can’t compete with the butterfly efficiency of heat and light dispersion, whatever you can do to make an HPS more efficient and last longer is a win. Need to replace the 130 reflector some day but it’s ok for now. Along the right side of the panda film you can see the blanket of light the 150 butterfly creates versus the triangle that the 130 HR96 makes. If this were a higher ceiling set up the HR96 is tough to beat when properly overlapped, but this is not a warehouse. Some day soon I’ll do a pole barn with a 240 fuse box and light’er up. Was debating on more LEDs but I’d need 4x200w rather than 2x600 HPS and the upfront cost of a good COB LED is just so much higher I’ll go with the HPS coverage and heat all day.

Last edited: