DetroitToPortland’s constant Organic Grows

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Alien OG is a tough customer, survived the worst super cropping attempt of my life. I now use the handle of my scissors to compress the stems, it doesn’t even break the skin for much faster recovery.
CB0A3FC2-5FE2-4BA6-AA06-3D190A0110AF.jpegC54663D0-423B-472B-A9CA-40F50D6321DE.jpeg0F65183B-6B3B-4311-A61C-B86CBB75BA7F.jpegMost plants have been supercropped for shape and side branch lighting.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
It’s pretty obvious black skull seeds, the plug seedbank, and Cali connection have their shit together. Not so sure about Humboldt seed organization. They are a rip off of Humboldt seed company, and their website stats are lies for the most part, or at least highly inconsistent from seed. Green House seeds also looks fairly impressive with the Church. Super lemon haze and Moby Dick are unfortunately late starts, wish I bought those instead of Humboldt seeds back when but how do you know until you try. 5E9ABD4E-681F-4486-AB0B-43F2E14E4BF6.jpeg

ZezoZose

Good stuff, this. I do have a few questions...if you have a moment. So, you’re using the Coast of Maine “Stonington” blend? Only, throughout - no topdress, teas, etc? Are you sprouting directly in the Coast of Maine or just transplanting into it? And how does it compare with the Nature’s Living Soil concentrated mix? How about any deficiencies you might have encountered with either? Thanks!

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Good stuff, this. I do have a few questions...if you have a moment. So, you’re using the Coast of Maine “Stonington” blend? Only, throughout - no topdress, teas, etc? Are you sprouting directly in the Coast of Maine or just transplanting into it? And how does it compare with the Nature’s Living Soil concentrated mix? How about any deficiencies you might have encountered with either? Thanks!
Hey there. I start in 1L (.3 gal) air pots mixed of Stonington Soil and FF light-warrior. I found it a lot more effective than the super soil concentrate start to finish. More deficiencies w super soil concentrate route I’d say but very little if any. Just bigger plants with Stonington blend I noticed. It’s possible there were more mineralized (available) nutrients In the Stonington blend from Coast of Maine soil company, but I don’t know. The Stonington is Mycorrhizae, peat, coco coir, lobster, fish emulsion, bone//alfalfa meals, And a few other amendments like a little lime & perlite, def missing a bunch. Stonington=better stuff in my opinion and a cheaper all around option than base soil + concentrate. Similar to ocean Forrest but higher quality and Stonington is OMRI listed. No sludge bs. Black and earthy. Due diligence w composting practices they’re proud of, good company.

Deficiencies: (none noticeable?) I just Top-Dressed ‘Bloom City Organics’ granulated, fertilizer. Stonington blend is available in granular amendment form as well. I know that the nutrients are ready and available in the Stonington soil anyway, they seem to slow release. When in doubt, Nutrient salts in liquid form are just fine and have been shown to be ok w bacillus and endoMycorohizz. Etc. and are uptaken very quickly. Just start small w salts, they act quick but accumulate the same. I never had a bad deficiency to speak of though besides the normal yellowing of large fans towards the end of flowering. So no salts for me. Just organic granular top dresses and RECHARGE, an inoculant of many bacillus and endoMycorohizz. With kelp, humic acids, and molasses.
I think too dressing is more effective in raised beds where you can hack down a fast growing cover crop to add organic matter. That org matter isn’t available until bugs, fungi or bacteria mineralized it to a free form in the soil, why not create your own renewing soil ecosystem? I can re-use Stonington like 4 times and keep buying granular amendment until it gets sketchy, but why not let nature do its thing and allow the soil to naturally maintain its fertility with multiple rhizosphere of root? The cost saving of re-using soil is immense. The cost of quick-growing cover crops like buckwheat are cheap. Bugs, fungi and bacteria are cheap. I’m going to experiment with raised beds in this truly organic fashion of renewing organic matter>decomposers(mineralize o.m.)>free salts>Other bacillus/endomyceted/mass flow/fungi(assist uptake)>roots.

In pots, you should just start with a kick ass compost soil like Stonington and keep innoculating bact/fungi bi-weekly and feeding the microbes w sugar/rock salts. Real Grower’s Recharge has it all in one, it’s like a compost tea. Very effective stuff. Mineral salts if necessary, top dressing is only marginally effective and gets better with re-using the soil a few times after fungi/bact decompose the excess Org matter if anything.
Water: if it’s tap not from a clean well, it’s gonna have chloramine from city water. Most plants are resistant but I use ascorbic acid which is effective to lower tap water’s high pH and neutralize chloramine in 4-8 minutes at just 1/8 of a tsp per gallon. And it’s cheap. It’s just vitamin c.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Few days ago I got some high quality clones of Alaskan Thunder-Fuck. This is one of my favorite smokes of all time...In her DNA, the ‘mother plant’ has 27% THC potential. That’s a good sign 🌲 These are from Further Genetics located in Detroit and Ann Arbor, they are also a licensed quality and cannabinoid/terpene testing Lab. Organic soil. They got roots. 70F 60% humidity.
1583294909195.jpeg

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
7B1894B8-C460-4D13-BFAC-8E364A3D6B3C.jpegED3B39B6-BD94-44C3-8060-4EEBDE518832.jpegPlanning on switching to 3000k and 4000k Cree cobs with smaller epistar LEDs and IR.

Strains Planned (all seeds except ATF):
Alaskan ThunderFuck clones (6)
-TopangaOGxPurplePunch (6) GreenPoint seeds
-OrangeJuiceXCookies X chocolate diesel (10) Useful Seeds
-BrianBerryCitrus (bag seed)
-Bandaid Hazex98bubbaKush (3) Katsu
-Super Lemon Haze (6) GreenHouse
-Hawaiian Haze (1) Dutch passion
-White Widow x Haze (1) GreenHouse
-Grandaddy Purple x Orange Bud (1) Dutch P.
-White Strawberries (1)
-Sour Diesel x OG Kush (1) TH Seeds
-Blue Sherbert x Gelato 33 (1)
-BlueBerry x ThinMintGirlScoutCookies (1)
-BlueBerry x BubbleGum x Black Domina 1
-Autoflower Northern Lights (1)
-Purple Punch x Geist OG (1)
-Platinum Cookies (1)
-Skittelz x Critical Mass (1)
-Purple Urkle x TrainWreck#4
-AK47 (ColombianxMexicanxThaixAfghan)
-G13 x BlueBerryHeadBand (1)

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
(FaceOffOGxJetFuelOG)x(DoSiDos) seeds from Archive get dunked, strain is called Hyper Fuel. Alaskan Thunderf**** looks good. A bit more veg to go before 12/12 and they double-size. Not finicky, just slower compared to past clones. Transporting clones via baggie is a rough start...thanks FurtherGenetics. Only ever had my own fresh un-stunted clones. Probably would use them again for their Mac1 cap’s cut, Fire OG cutting, and their GG4 clone only. SLH, GDPxOrngBud, PurpleWreck, TopangaOGxPurpPnch, OJxGSCxChocDiesel seeds all look good. Knicked up platinum cookies roots quite a bit when transplanting with a rookie mistake, probs will slow her down a bit. Hopefully she’s better off than the blue gelato I accidentally stepped on yesterday. :cry:BBB96557-975B-4587-8CFA-06423C118133.jpeg

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
View attachment 55646These should double or triple in size into flower. If not, the seeds def will. Sometimes clones are funny. Alaskan Thunder F**** with a 27% mommy
The atf I smoked was so different from other strains. Loved it. 15 in a 5x5 sounds packed. From clone not so much I guess. Did 9 from seed on a 4x4 and never again! Had to go in with a machete to water the back.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
The atf I smoked was so different from other strains. Loved it. 15 in a 5x5 sounds packed. From clone not so much I guess. Did 9 from seed on a 4x4 and never again! Had to go in with a machete to water the back.
I found out I only like taking my own clones because of the shock with delivery. Clones just don’t transport well, even if it’s one day they’re stunted. These have finally picked up speed after 2 weeks, wasted time. I found Mac1 clones but am gonna settle for Mac1xStardawg seeds instead, both are cap’s cut. Maybe do some breeding of my own with the males.