D.I.Y. LED component suppliers (US)

I got lucky when I built my lights. I scored my drivers from the Tasty going out of business sale at about half price and the strips from digikey before the tariffs hit. I think I got around .65-.70 per watt on EB Gen 2 lights. I am also running these lights with no sinks whatsoever (open air convection). I run my flower lights(~33watts/sqft) at nominal and my veg light(~27.5watts/sqft) about 40% over nominal with zero issues. The plants like the CRI a lot better with my flower lights(all 3500CRI) than they do the veg light(10 @ 3500CRI and 5 @ 5000CRI for a 4000CRI average). Veg light does stack nodes tighter but plants aren't as happy.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Anybody using the cheap CV drivers, the ones with screw type terminals. Ive never paid much attention to these till lately, but Ive picked up a lot of strips recently and was looking at driver options and noticed how cheap these are. Probably not as efficient as other options but for the price its worth a look. Maybe?Screenshot_20190611-163527_Chrome.jpg

shimz

vapest
Anybody using the cheap CV drivers, the ones with screw type terminals. Ive never paid much attention to these till lately, but Ive picked up a lot of strips recently and was looking at driver options and noticed how cheap these are. Probably not as efficient as other options but for the price its worth a look. Maybe?View attachment 9796
Sorry to reply to this old post, but I haven't been around much.

Buying inefficient cheap drivers is a false economy. Even if you save 80% of the cost of the driver, that 20% less efficiency will catch up to you in electric use.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I want a qb96 spec is
VDC. Current. Watts. μmoles/joules
51.5 1400 72. 2.60
52.2 1750 91 2.52
53.4 2400 128 2.40
54 2800 151 2.36
55 3400 187 2.32
56 4000 224 2.25

I want to get 1 or 2. For one could u use any lrs drivers?

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Sorry to reply to this old post, but I haven't been around much.

Buying inefficient cheap drivers is a false economy. Even if you save 80% of the cost of the driver, that 20% less efficiency will catch up to you in electric use.
Most of my drivers are inventronics and meanwells. Philips, I bought a bunch of them for cheap. At that time I was looking at a 500w 24v CV driver for 39 bucks which was tempting. I dont sweat electrical usages that much, hell I blow more money on stupid shit. I'm on TVA so I dont feel bad about leaving my TV, lights and other things on 24/7 because its abundant here. I'm only hurting myself whereas in other areas of the world I'd do my part in being conservative.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Most of my drivers are inventronics and meanwells. Philips, I bought a bunch of them for cheap. At that time I was looking at a 500w 24v CV driver for 39 bucks which was tempting. I dont sweat electrical usages that much, hell I blow more money on stupid shit. I'm on TVA so I dont feel bad about leaving my TV, lights and other things on 24/7 because its abundant here. I'm only hurting myself whereas in other areas of the world I'd do my part in being conservative.
Tva?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
NukeHead Driverless Solderless COB LED. 110V AC 50W COB/DOB led grow light chip. Blue – Full Spectrum – Warm White – Cold white.

All-New Technology – All Gamma Grow Lights are built with NEW Diode Technology and are designed to target the needs of beginners to experts.
Proprietary FULL SPECTRUM Range 380nm to 780nm and key boosts in blooming spectrums, our lights produce large copious garden yields!
Perfectly Designed for Tiered Vegetable Grow Environments & Vertical Farming applications to dramatically increase garden yields with our unique modular designs!
Custom Hand Built with American Parts and American Hands here in Colorado USA by Gamma Grow Lights, the company to produce the first voice dimmable and activated grow light that is Amazon Alexa voice compatible!
High gloss high heat capable wiring capable of handling over 200°C temperatures; our paint can handle upwards to 500°C and we run 16 gauge thermal silicon wiring with outstanding performance.
Trade-In Program – All Gamma Grow Light purchases are automatically eligible for our “Trade-In Program” to Protect Your Investment should you choose to upgrade your Gamma Grow Light. For example, if you purchased a $300 Gamma Grow Light and want to trade up for one of our New larger models, we will credit you $300 towards your NEW Purchase of one of our Gamma Grow Lights
110V and 240VAC compatible.
100% Handmade in Colorado USA by Americans!
Warranteed & Supported by Gamma Grow Lights. For builds without heat sinks we warranty the Giga Watt for 6 months of operation. However we expect it to last nearly all of the 20,000 hours of the diodes life which is well over 2 years. For Heat Sink models we give a full 1 year warranty.
Specification:

1. Light source: DOB
2. Colors: Light Royal Blue, Full spectrum, Warm white, Cold white
3. Phosphor: 660nm
4.Chip: Bridgelux
5. Power: 50w
6. Input Voltage: 110V
7. Size: 75x40x1.6mm
8. Housing Material: Aluminum
9. Dimmable: Yes
10. Source Life: >50,000 hours
11. Lighting angle: 120
12. Warranty: 3 Years

Why our led chip is better than other chip, because this is new technology DOB, There are 6 functions to protect led chip for a long lifespan.

MOV for surge protection>4000V passed
1000V Bridge rectifier
Constant current and constant power control
NTC sensor for PCB overheat protection
Voltage-regulator for ic Vdd protection
Driver IC, over voltage and over current control
It can use led dimmer or SCR dimmer to dim it
Remark:
It must need a heatsink aluminum for cooling, do not light it without heatsink aluminum.

Nuke Head 110V AC 50W Driverless Solderless COB/DOB led grow light chip. Blue - Full Spectrum - Warm white - Cold white

Nuke Head 110V AC 50W Driverless Solderless COB/DOB led grow light chip. Blue - Full Spectrum - Warm white - Cold white

Nuke Head 110V AC 50W Driverless Solderless COB/DOB led grow light chip. Blue - Full Spectrum - Warm white - Cold whiteNuke Head 110V AC 50W Driverless Solderless COB/DOB led grow light chip. Blue - Full Spectrum - Warm white - Cold whiteNuke Head 110V AC 50W Driverless Solderless COB/DOB led grow light chip. Blue - Full Spectrum - Warm white - Cold white

SKU: 10994-11000 Categories: 50 Watt Leds, Solderless COB DOB LED Diodes Tags: Full spectrum LED, NukeHeads, YXO

Very INTERRRRRESTING

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Diode bridge rectifier
Rectifier circuits are classified into two major groups i.e., single phase and three phases. In both cases they are again classified into three main categories those are uncontrolled, half controlled and fully controlled. If we use diode to convert this voltage we can call that as uncontrolled, instead if we use power electronic components like SCRS we can call as controlled rectifiers. We can control half wave or full wave according to the application dependency.

The main difference between conventional rectifier and bridge rectifier is that it produces almost double the output voltage as a full wave center-tapped transformer rectifier using the same secondary voltage. The advantage of using this circuit is that no center-tapped transformer is required. In center tapped rectifier each diode uses only one-half of the transformer secondary voltage, so the DC output is comparatively small, also it is difficult to locate the center-tap on secondary winding of the transformer and the diodes used must have high Peak-inverse voltage.

Bridge Rectifier
Bridge Rectifier Circuit and the output waveform
During the positive half cycle of the supply, diodes D1 and D2 conduct in series while diodes D3 and D4 are reverse biased and the current flows through the load During the negative half cycle of the supply, diodes D3 and D4 conduct in series, but diodes D1 and D2switch “OFF” as they are now reverse biased. The current flowing through the load is the same direction as before.

The smoothing capacitor converts the full-wave rippled output of the rectifier into a smooth DC output voltage. Generally for DC power supply circuits the smoothing capacitor is an Aluminum Electrolytic type that has a capacitance value of 100uF or more with repeated DC voltage pulses from the rectifier charging up the capacitor to peak voltage. However, there are two important parameters to consider when choosing a suitable smoothing capacitor and these are its Working Voltage, which must be higher than the no-load output value of the rectifier and its Capacitance Value, which determines the amount of ripple that will appear superimposed on top of the DC voltage.

5 Advantages of bridge rectifier
The rectification efficiency of full-wave rectifier is double of that of a half-wave rectifier.
Higher output voltage, higher output power and higher Transformer Utilization Factor in case of full-wave rectifier.
The ripple voltage is low and of higher frequency in case of full-wave rectifier so simple filtering circuit is required
No center tap is required in the transformer secondary so in case of a bridge rectifier the transformer required is simpler. If stepping up or stepping down of voltage is not required, transformer can be eliminated even.
For a given power output, power transformer of smaller size can be used in case of the bridge rectifier because current in both primary and secondary windings of the supply transformer flow for the entire ac cycle
2 Disadvantages of Bridge Rectifier
It requires four diodes.
The use of two extra diodes cause an additional voltage drop thereby reducing the output voltage.
An Application – Converting AC power to DC using a Bridge Rectifier
Regulated DC Power supply is often required for many electronic applications. One of the most reliable and convenient way is to convert the available AC mains power supply into DC supply. This conversion of AC signal to DC signal is done using a rectifier, which is basically a system of diodes. It can be a half wave rectifier which rectifies only one half of the AC signal or a full wave rectifier which rectifies both cycles of the AC signal. The full wave rectifier can be a centre tapped rectifier consisting of two diodes or a bridge rectifier consisting of 4 diodes.