D.I.Y. 200W CITIZEN COB LED BUILD

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I didn’t think different forward voltage led were mixable in any config? How would say a 20v and a 70v work in series? Do you just add the V of them all and pick a driver? Current would have to be the same?
Not sure why a guy wouldn't stick to the same voltage cob , I know I want to run the 3000k 90cri 36v citizens , so I guess would need the 480w 2100 ma driver which should power 6 36v cobs right?

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Getting confused , me need beer n smokey treat , Want to keep it around 600 CAD mainly for flower but can veg too if needed, On a 30 L X 24 w frame for a 3 X 3 , Turpman build but if You help Him design it I got seeds going out to both of Ya. Too many numbers for my brain right now lol

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I ran the orbital over it pretty well to get it nice and flat/smooth. 220 grit to get it polished up and shiny.
Good marks for the cobs and thermal bond to adhere to.
You going to do a flat panel with heat sinks on it or a framework with sinks like the one Red did?
I use EB strips. They don't need anything at .7A. I have a hard time spending more on a cob and then more in a heat sink for the same wattage.
My light I use suspended cieling angle for frame work. It dissipates a littl heat. Not as good as aluminium but they run pretty cool.

It's up to you heathenraider. I'll get some prices for you and you can deside.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I use EB strips. They don't need anything at .7A. I have a hard time spending more on a cob and then more in a heat sink for the same wattage.
My light I use suspended cieling angle for frame work. It dissipates a littl heat. Not as good as aluminium but they run pretty cool.

It's up to you heathenraider. I'll get some prices for you and you can deside.
Cool I'll just send like 6 bills first week of May and u go for what u know

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Sooo You could run 80cri 36v citizens with 97 cri 36v citizens and get away without the separate far reds, I like that
When I read all this number talk about Led's I picture Charlie browns teacher talking,lol. I'm slowly learning a lot about them. I'm just going to closely follow along and learn as much as I can until it's time to build my lights.