D.I.Y. 200W CITIZEN COB LED BUILD

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
How to wire a potentiometer
Thewire is for in between lights. I was thinking maybe put a heat shrink on the lead befoore solder so it's wetherproofed.
And maybe one for the AC input side, and dc output leads?
I can handle that end. I'm only doing 4 led boards in series to the driver.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Copy and paste while driving.
Bear with me
The center lead on the pot when facing the dial is common. The left lead is for the other side.
If connencted using the center and left it raises the voltage when turned clockwise.
If I connect it middle and right it'll decrease when turned counterclockwise.
Other than that , on the driver it explains what each wire on the dimmer does.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
View attachment 3713
So negative leas goes cwnter right?
T
Turpman doing the build but... To answer the light staying in 3x 3 , no need to expand, height restricted at 6 ft for where this build will run , get hot as fuck in building but have AC in building and fans in tents, no clue on watts per ft, want it to outperform a 400hps in tent and be cooler , electric bill no consideration , want the dimming open tent and easily adjust , I am a princess that way, would like to be able to get lights late in grow 12-16 inches from top of plants if doable
Sounds like some guerrilla shit!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
What bene
I'd go with the hlg 240h-36B model x2 then with an external dimm

Just to clarify your not putting a pot on the ac side? That's a no no, hope that was a typo. Lol.
Yup driving @5am doing 85mph to school cause im now late for picking up my packages.
Phew I made It...with my bowl in one hand, phone in the other , steering with my knees.
Rumble strip....er correct. I'm sleepy...

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
What is the difference between 80 CRI citi 1212 and 90? in 3k? Other than 10 CRI. :D I mean what does it really mean in terms of color difference in the light itself.
I am still happy with the hortiblooms i got on sale. 180 bucks for 4 citizin 1212 in a fixture with fans built in etc. And they link in series with the cords they sent.
They are cheap but they are decent guts and cheap.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am glad i didnt get 4k. The 4k samsung board (240W) in my small tent did not perform as well as the 3.5k timber (200W). It can be strain related but the quality and density of bud were night and day. The future of my garden is cobs unless i get a wicked deal on something.

Veg everything worked well. In flower the 3k produced less larf and more bud. But i need more research..

shimz

vapest
Another reason to run series: mix and match at will as long as they'll all take the driver current. You could even run 36V, 54V, and 72V together on the same driver.

With parallel, they all better be within a percent or two for voltage.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I didn’t think different forward voltage led were mixable in any config? How would say a 20v and a 70v work in series? Do you just add the V of them all and pick a driver? Current would have to be the same?