Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
You like being governed don’t you?
You’re hysterical without it.
Actually I do like being governed. I cant do the things for myself that government does for me. Look at it as bang for your buck. If everything government does was suddenly taken away and you were left on your own to supply everything for yourself and loved ones you might see it differently.

Venus

Water boy
Actually I do like being governed. I cant do the things for myself that government does for me. Look at it as bang for your buck. If everything government does was suddenly taken away and you were left on your own to supply everything for yourself and loved ones you might see it differently.
Lols.. Speak for yourself

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
If everything government does was suddenly taken away and you were left on your own to supply everything for yourself and loved ones you might see it differently.
The government doesn't supply me with anything, nor does it supply anyone who isn't on welfare anything. I pay income, property, excise and sales taxes all year long, and then have to shell out about another $4,000 in taxes every April.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
Come on Tree, I never said the government supplied me with anything, I said I wouldnt be able to supply myself without it. The goverment acts as a agent for us would probably be a better way to put it. We hire them (vote them in), we finance them (taxes), and they handle the contracting and payment of subs and services. This isnt rocket science.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Come on Tree, I never said the government supplied me with anything, I said I wouldnt be able to supply myself without it. The goverment acts as a agent for us would probably be a better way to put it. We hire them (vote them in), we finance them (taxes), and they handle the contracting and payment of subs and services. This isnt rocket science.
My mistake. I thought you were talking more about welfare than infrastructure. The government wastes a ton of our tax dollars though. Anyone who's ever worked in government supply/procurement position has seen this first hand.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Me too..........it's a 3 hour ride to grandma's house and I'm glad I don't have to get involved with the paving or bridge building to get there.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm with you there, they waste more of our money than we will probably ever know.
I worked in supply for a short while, when I was in the USAF, after having surgery that prevented me from performing my regular duties. The amount of money we blew at the end of the fiscal year, just to prevent our budget from being cut, was absurd. This happens in every department, of every government organization, every year.

Whip Eurass

Super Active Member

Supportive of the “protests” as long as they were vandalizing her constituents (i.e. “other people’s” property}, but irate when it’s her property.

When do they visit Nancy and Chuckie??

1593457383614.png

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
You’re in favor of giving up your rights? Interesting.

Masks don’t really do much other than make you feel better. Look into MOPP gear if you don’t want to get a virus.
I went to the garden shop I get my supplies at on Saturday. I was wearing my mask when I walked in, looked up and saw that the 5 people at the front of the store all had their masks off, and said “Thank fucking God!” as I took mine off. Masks help some when the wearer is sniffly, sneezing, or coughing, but they aren’t nearly as effective as the media or government is implying. Remember at the beginning of this when they told us all not to get masks unless we are sick? They even went as far as saying that the masks do not prevent you from catching an illness, and that they only help reduce the spray from sneezing and coughing.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
You all think and do what you want, Im all for it. If it saves one life, it is worth it. If there is anything I can do to help you all stay safe, especially something so trivial as wearing a mask, I'm gonna do it. Its not a question of losing rights, its about doing the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.