Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
And just how do you think people using the streets would pay for the use? If the people that “owned” them had to police their use, YOU couldn’t afford to use them.

And just how do you think grocery stores stay in business if the people that shop there pay for the products? Many grocery stores DO stay in business don't they ? The people that use (shop) a given grocery store pay for them don't they ?

A poorly run store won't attract customers and will go out of business, as it should. Customer feedback in a free market is a regulatory mechanism that most people don't consider, but it's an effective and ethical way of regulating. When a "service provider" that is practically immune from customer feedback (government run "services") is immune and insulated from having to worry bout customer feedback, they get their money thru force, what is their incentive to perform ? Why are many people pissed off about government policing ? Why do government schools suck the big one ? (they do...we can go there if you like)

If you don't use a particular grocery store, and you were sent a bill from them, would you pay it ? Why not? You wouldn't pay it because you never agreed to pay for something you don't use. If that makes sense to you, why would you want other "services" to be operated differently?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Bullshit again. With taxation you just vote in someone who will fight for your choices.

That's a really ridiculous claim. No offense, but when I'm done chuckling at that, I might address it. I don't often get flabberghasted, but the ridiculousity of what you said, on multiple levels even....Oh dear. A reservoir of naivete.

So what your saying is people you often don't know, will fight for your choices, but first you are forced to give them money and maybe they will use some of the stolen money to do things that will benefit you ?

Why don't you just keep your money and buy the services you want from people you trust ? Why is that a bad thing ? Don't you trust your own judgement ?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
It is very left field and quite delusional too. You don't back up any of your utopian ideas with anything but hypothetical questions.
That's not a very good counter argument to my point that you should make your own choices.

So making your own peaceful choices about running your own life is "left field" ?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
So a cookout and flying cars is what we get???? Is that all? Thats the best you could do? Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, you get what you want. If you don't want a cookout don't have one.

If I have a big ass cookout, invite you (or not) and then send you a bill to help pay for the keg of beer, the steaks and the naked dancing girls (it was quite a cookout) would you feel obligated to pay me even if you never attended or agreed to my cookout ?

Get me your address so I can send you a bill! Man, those girls were hot, but they weren't cheap! If you don't pay me, I hope you understand we may have to auction off your house to pay for all the services you could have had. Nothing personal, it's "the law" !

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
However, individuals do have the choice to not participate. It's known as repatriating.
That sounds alot like something slaves used to say to other unruly slaves.

"If you don't like pickin' tobacco here in Virginia, and keep acting up, they might sell you to a cotton plantation waaaay down south and them massas down there is really mean " !

Why should I repatriate ? Were you offered "patriation" or you were born into it ? Did you agree to it? What is it to be born into something with or without your consent that you like ? Does that mean attempts to advance freedom here should be forgotten ? Personal freedom is passe ?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
I’m curious to know if ANYONE here agrees with Highland Rogue?
I'm curious if you agree with yourself. Not sure if you will answer...

Are you better off making your own choices about how you will spend your money or are you better off if your neighbors force their choices on you ?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Either you can name one instance where your theory is working in real life or not.
I've given your question some thought. First, let's make sure you understand what my "theory" is.

My theory is you are better off making your own peaceful choices than having other people force their choices on you. Thus seeking agreements is a good policy when interacting with other people. If no agreement can be reached, simply move on or leave the other person alone as long as they aren't forcing their ideas on you etc.

Is that the theory or idea you would like me to give you real life examples on? Assuming it is, I'll answer.

People are better off when they seek consent from any potential partners rather than ignoring objections from people who prefer not to interact with them. For instance, sex.

In real life when you force your choices on other peaceful people, it can create unintended consequences. So that's one example in real life where my theory makes sense.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
And just how do you think grocery stores stay in business if the people that shop there pay for the products? Many grocery stores DO stay in business don't they ? The people that use (shop) a given grocery store pay for them don't they ?

A poorly run store won't attract customers and will go out of business, as it should. Customer feedback in a free market is a regulatory mechanism that most people don't consider, but it's an effective and ethical way of regulating. When a "service provider" that is practically immune from customer feedback (government run "services") is immune and insulated from having to worry bout customer feedback, they get their money thru force, what is their incentive to perform ? Why are many people pissed off about government policing ? Why do government schools suck the big one ? (they do...we can go there if you like)

If you don't use a particular grocery store, and you were sent a bill from them, would you pay it ? Why not? You wouldn't pay it because you never agreed to pay for something you don't use. If that makes sense to you, why would you want other "services" to be operated differently?
Private businesses and public amenities are two different things - the concept of which you find difficult to grasp.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
The idealism is cute but not realistic. Make a world for ME...when I want it...and don't worry about anyone else or pay for anything they might need.

Just like raising Millennial children
Please don't assign me a position I don't hold.

How is you being allowed to make your own choices, and paying for the ones you make, about ME?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Private businesses and public amenities are two different things - the concept of which you find difficult to grasp.
So, you never answered if you agree with your own ideas though. How about you do that, so I'll have a better grasp on your concepts?

Are you okay with forcing people to pay for things they consider unnecessary, don't want and don't use ? Are you okay with other people doing the same thing to you ? Like Prohibition ( I assume you're against that?)

Private businesses and public amenities ? So you're saying it's okay to make people pay for things they'd prefer not to and don't want and don't use in some instances ? Is that something that is flexible based on how people vote or is it tied to anything that relates to any kind of underlying
principle ?

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
I’m curious to know if ANYONE here agrees with Highland Rogue?
Agree with him, I think not. But I have some 6 year old kids at my new day care facility who think they know exactly what hes talking about. Again, every single example he just gave wouldnt work, unless of course, he lived on a island by himself. And I said Id ask, so here goes, Highland, little johnny wants a ride in that flying car of yours, How about it.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Agree with him, I think not. But I have some 6 year old kids at my new day care facility who know exactly what hes talking about. Again, every single example he just gave wouldnt work, unless of course, he lived on a island by himself. And I said Id ask, so here goes, Highland, little johnny wants a ride in that flying car of yours, How about it.
So you think seeking consent before engaging in sex is a bad idea then ?

No ride in the flying car for you! Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.