Capt. C's Wheelhouse Grow

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Sorry man i did not see this post till now. Those are the 3 gal radicle bags and they are huge! I transplanted to them right at the flip. Harvested today and looks like she filled the pots in nicely.
Thanks , i thought they looked king of big for 3 gal. I use 5 gal bags and they look around the same size or even a little smaller. I usually average around 2 - 3 zips off them
I want to get a little more out of them. It all depends on the plant some i get less and some i get more. Im just trying to get a little more return out of them.i found a website that has tall geow bags, i qas going ro try the 10gallon tall bags, thry are the same width as the bags i use now but are a few inches taller.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks , i thought they looked king of big for 3 gal. I use 5 gal bags and they look around the same size or even a little smaller. I usually average around 2 - 3 zips off them
I want to get a little more out of them. It all depends on the plant some i get less and some i get more. Im just trying to get a little more return out of them.i found a website that has tall geow bags, i qas going ro try the 10gallon tall bags, thry are the same width as the bags i use now but are a few inches taller.
How long are you vegging?

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
How long are you vegging?
It all depends. I would say 3 weeks tona month. I usually veg until about 18 inches tall, maybe 24 inches tall. I try to grow perpetually as best as i can, so i try to put a couple plants into flower every week, that way each week i hhave a couple finishing. So it really depends on what the biggest plants at the time i need to put into flower.

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
I veg for a month . From what i saw today there was plenty of room in that 3 gal radicle bag for that short of a veg. Some strains i was pulling that kind of weight easily in a 3 gal smart pot. I do not think you need any thing larger than these 3 gal bags and would save you a lot of media. 2 month veg then maybe a 5 gal pot.
Thanks i think ill start vegging for longer. I was thinkong that because i had a purple urkle plant in a square 2 gallon pot maybe and i got the same amount from that. I think if i veg them longer i can get more out of them, plus i can also fit more plants in my flower room

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks i think ill start vegging for longer. I was thinkong that because i had a purple urkle plant in a square 2 gallon pot maybe and i got the same amount from that. I think if i veg them longer i can get more out of them, plus i can also fit more plants in my flower room
I think you will see a huge difference in your yield going to a 2 month veg. Will give her a chance to stretch out in that 5 gal pot. Don't forget the plant size as well you might need to drop plant numbers. I have left a few plants in one gal containers and was usually amazed how big the plant got. Are you running a grow journal on this site?

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
I think you will see a huge difference in your yield going to a 2 month veg. Will give her a chance to stretch out in that 5 gal pot. Don't forget the plant size as well you might need to drop plant numbers. I have left a few plants in one gal containers and was usually amazed how big the plant got. Are you running a grow journal on this site?
No i dont have one yet. I had a lot of shitngoing on from beingout of work for 2 months, my landlord was threatening to evict me so i was scared to grow anything, so i just started again i have like 10 plants flowering, and a bunch vegging and clones and babies. I dont start counting the veg period until i first get out of solo cups. I had a bad batch of soil and my seedlings took forever to grow , spme of them were in solo cups for 2 months, im going to start one as soon as these heisen babies go into their 1 gallon pots. I have been posting updates on heisens thread, and the greenpoint thread, thats what im growing now. Them and a pineapple express and black domina that i have been growinf for a few runs. They are me and my girlfriend's favorites

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
When I was just doing 5 gal fabrics on all of the plants, I'd average 4 to 8 oz depending on strain, all out door grows for those. Out at late may to pop, growing away by June, and grow til Halloween at least to harvest. They'd all get flower pistils about Aug 14th. So about 2.5 months of veg time.
That much veg time is awesome. I have always had to fight the small space and limited headroom monster. With my style of growing i am happy to pull 3 zips per plant.

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
That much veg time is awesome. I have always had to fight the small space and limited headroom monster. With my style of growing i am happy to pull 3 zips per plant.
My first few runs i vegged for around 2 months and averaged 3 to4 zips per plant, but i was fighting head room and could fit too many plants. I think 10 maybe. So i went with smaller pots and lowered the veg time and put more plants and ended up with a lot less bud. Im trying to keep my pot size small and get bigger plants/yield. I guess that means longer veg time

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yeah, send it to me, lmao. Thats a good idea by the way
I got the box idea from @Lubda nugs i believe. I forget what strain it was he was talking about a 3 week hang time on a plant. I was like wtf i struggle my ass off trying to get past a 5-7 day hang time. So i PMed him and he said that was how he did it. Not necessarily wardrobe box any box would work. Plus he hung the plant whole i believe.

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
I got the box idea from @Lubda nugs i believe. I forget what strain it was he was talking about a 3 week hang time on a plant. I was like wtf i struggle my ass off trying to get past a 5-7 day hang time. So i PMed him and he said that was how he did it. Not necessarily wardrobe box any box would work. Plus he hung the plant whole i believe.
Damn! 3 weeks. Im lucky if i get 5 days before they are dry . I hang mine from a clothes dtying rack, i also wet trim mine im sure that makes a difference.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
My hygro meter has it at 63%. If i could hold it there i could go pretty long. I used to wet trim but it would dry to quick. As a mater of fact now i do not trim until after cure now around 3 weeks after chop. A LOT of the sugar leaves mostly fall off during trim. It is the easiest way i have found to trim short of automatic trimmers.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yep, more veg time. Or do even MORE plants to compensate for lower veg time. Lol. Do a Sea of Green style of grow. Let's just say 30 of em. Lol.
30 small pots doing a zip or two each is still alot of bud, and could keep a short veg.
You know @Jesse it is just amazing how many ways there are to get from point a to point b growing this plant. Then you throw the internet in there now you got a million ways to get from a to b. I think each grower has to experiment till you find whats right for you. I good example to the extreme would be @greens indoor gg4 grow over a pound on one plant. Bravo!

Green_256

What's a SIP?
You know @Jesse it is just amazing how many ways there are to get from point a to point b growing this plant. Then you throw the internet in there now you got a million ways to get from a to b. I think each grower has to experiment till you find whats right for you. I good example to the extreme would be @greens indoor gg4 grow over a pound on one plant. Bravo!
thanks man, but hold on to your horses, bc I'm shooting for 2 pounds this time...

30g sip, 2x gg4, last time was 18g sip, 1x gg4CM190509-080106001.jpg