Can an auto flower under 12/12?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Right. He (evergreen) said earlier those were pre-flowers. More have bloomed along the stalk now. The plant is still well above 12 hour dark cycles, so I'm wondering if he will stop producing flowers and continue to grow bigger? Or if he will continue to pop these pre-flowers untill I put it in full flower
Preflowers are when they are just emerging. Once they start stacking (like the top of your plant) the plant is in full on flower. A 12 hour dark cycle promotes flowering. If you want a plant to reveg then you need to go back to an 18/6 cycle.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
If it's an "auto", it will finish flowering and die. If it's a photo-period plant, it will revert back to growing normal if put under 18 hrs to 24 hrs light in a couple weeks.
Sorry Charlie! lol
We were typing same response at the same time.
There are plenty of people that will give you seeds to help you learn how to grow this plant to its full potential. It takes practice, every grow, you will learn something important.

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I thought it was from auto flower seed?
I thought the same thing. Maybe it's a "photo" plant that has "auto flowering" ancestors in one or both of the parents?
If you grew them or knew the breeder who grew them. A person has no idea exactly what the seed he or she is planting. It is way worse now a days than 20 years ago.
Every Tom Dick and Harriet thinks they are breeders. lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ok. This thread is so fucked XD

The facts:

Pete here was cloned. The clone was put into 12/12 and flowered immediately (bout 1.5 months ago . Pete recently went into pre-flower while under 18/6 light. I moved him to 24/0 he is still doing this.
I photo period plant put back onto a vegetation schedule will stop flowering, will focus back on vegetative growth, but it will still grow preflowers. Going into flower and back to vegetation doesn't just happen overnight. The changes take weeks to see.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Ok. This thread is so fucked XD

The facts:

Pete here was cloned. The clone was put into 12/12 and flowered immediately (bout 1.5 months ago . Pete recently went into pre-flower while under 18/6 light. I moved him to 24/0 he is still doing this.
You have made this thread “fu**ed” by all the kid info you put or how you have worded your statements.
At first you said it was and auto then said it wasn’t an auto. If it was an auto you can’t stop it from flowering. When I told you they were preflowers I was going off of just the wording you provided there was no picture, that male is in full flower mode so if it’s getting 24 hrs light a day and that plant wasn’t ever on a 12/12 cycle it’s an auto. If I were you I would kill that today.
Even if you wanted to be a “breeder” chucker or whatever that’s not even a nice looking male imo

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Auto or no auto it will be male until it eventually dies, no mater what you do with the light cycle. Have fun.

You have made this thread “fu**ed” by all the kid info you put or how you have worded your statements.
At first you said it was and auto then said it wasn’t an auto. If it was an auto you can’t stop it from flowering. When I told you they were preflowers I was going off of just the wording you provided there was no picture, that male is in full flower mode so if it’s getting 24 hrs light a day and that plant wasn’t ever on a 12/12 cycle it’s an auto. If I were you I would kill that today.
Even if you wanted to be a “breeder” chucker or whatever that’s not even a nice looking male imo
Honestly dude I thought I had explained this to you about the autoflowering thing.

Also, I seem to have a very bad understanding of how this forum works in not showing you my explication text and picture in the first post I made of it. All forums I've been to always bring to first of thread unless you've followed a notif.

A full and complete as my brain can spit out diagnosis of what I understand has happened to this plant.>>> https://chuckersparadise.com/threads/the-journey-of-penelope-peat.2447/

Hopefully we can get this resolved there. Again, my apologies I really am trying.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Autos will flower under any light cycle
You can clone them but they will still auto rhe same time as the mother plant so there life will be short lived. Not worth it in any shape or form.