The journey of Penelope Peat

Received 4 seeds in a pineapplesomethingoranother that really worked well for its strain. So I kept them in hope of talking my roomie into it.

Aug 22. I put them in a jar of water and then the paper towel.

Aug 24. 1 seed showing very nice tail. Transferred to peat-pot.

Aug 26. Quick rooter. Pineapple seedling transferred to solo cup.

Sept. 7 Transferred to 5 Gallon Pot. Only available pots at time.
IMG_2190.JPG

On Sep 27 He was ready to clone and was cloned from the top 5 nodes

IMG_2416.JPG
After cloning
IMG_2451.JPG

On Oct 11 Pinecone(the top node), and Persaphany(double node) were born.
IMG_2613.JPG
IMG_2620.JPG

Here is Pinecone the next day. Was worried he wouldn't make it, but he bounced back.
IMG_2635.JPG

Oct. 14. Ruby is finally showing roots
IMG_2647.JPG

Oct 12. Persaphany is put in flower tent.

Oct 24. Persaphany is pulled from flower and uprooted for being male. Ruby and Pinecone clones are removed from veg as well.

PXL_20201024_165900975.jpg
Oct. 24 Penelope officially becomes Peat.

Nov. 25. Peat shows first signs of flowering. I take to RIU where I am informed it is an autoflower. He is re-homed to avoid pollination.
16070501911727047925273389006568.jpg
Nov. 27. More information leads to learning that cloned autoflowers cannot be forced to flower under 12/12

Dec. 2/3. This unfortunate thread happens but answers are revealed. Thank you all who came, and my furthered apologies.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
It's not entirely clear to me what you're trying to accomplish.

Here's what I gather...

You have/had an auto plant that you want to breed with because it has qualities you want to pass on. Great.

There's no need to take clones of autos to accomplish this.

Now, we get to the question: Do you want future generations to be auto or not?

IF you want the children to be autos,
then you need to pollinate another auto (female) with your breeding male. If both mum & dad are autos, then the children should be autos.

IF you want the children to be normal photoperiod, then you need to pollinate a normal photoperiod female with your breeding male. You'll then need to sort through the children tossing any that autoflower, and selecting from your favorite photoperiod female that displays the traits you bred for.

Important to note:
An auto plant will flower under any light schedule. 12/12, 24/0 and anything in between. Doesn't matter. Autos have an internal "clock" that controls when they flower. Adjusting light schedules will not change that.

Because it’s an auto?

How is this still a question?

I think the question is what did you expect to change?

I really don't understand how y'all ain't understanding me. The question(1) to me is simple. The answer(2) should be straightforward in a complicated way. Meaning that there is a simple term for what is going on, but the explanation as to why is difficult.

This plant is not an autoflower plant. Proven by the fact that the clone went into flower immediately under 12/12 light a full month (oct24-nov25) before the parent plant started showing pre-flowers.

Now, proving this is not an autoflower with the previous statement. The statement that males throw pre-flowers when they are ready to pop comes into play.

Awesome sweet. Plants can do this. But hold on. This plant isn't only pre-flowering. This plant is in full flower. And also it is doing it under 24/0 light.
Showing no signs of reverting itself back into vegetative state. (<What I expected it to do, in answer to H.A.F)

(1)WHY? <<<Simple question

(2) Because of this! <<<Difficult to understand term.

If this doesn't do it. After all the pictures. All the info. After answering the same questions multiple times with the same answers, then I'm not really sure what I can ask past this point.

Well when you "think" you're right instead of actually knowing what's going on.

Some people you can't help.
Maybe my brain really is kicking my ass these past few weeks and I'm just not seeing the answer myself. Maybe I do need to commit myself.
However, I don't think I'm right. I really do feel that I am the one being fully misunderstood when it comes to this. I welcome the opportunity to help me understand what puzzle piece my brain is missing.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
So you're trying to re-veg a photoperiod? I think that's what's confusing everyone here. If this plant is a photoperiod, and it flowered for 30 days... what do you expect to change? It will take some time for it to reveg.

When I took flowering clones (that were about 2 weeks into 12/12) it took 3 weeks to a month for them to start meaningfully re-vegging. It's a slow process, and one that isn't guaranteed to work. Your male is very confused right now. Nothing seems out of the ordinary here.

So you're trying to re-veg a photoperiod? I think that's what's confusing everyone here. If this plant is a photoperiod, and it flowered for 30 days... what do you expect to change? It will take some time for it to reveg.

When I took flowering clones (that were about 2 weeks into 12/12) it took 3 weeks to a month for them to start meaningfully re-vegging. It's a slow process, and one that isn't guaranteed to work. Your male is very confused right now. Nothing seems out of the ordinary here.
Again I am being misunderstood. I uprooted the clone and threw it away. This is the parent plant that I cloned from. The one that supposedly is not an auto because its' clone went into flower under a 12-12
The parent was never put under 12/12

The parent plant started showing preflower end of last month while under an 18-6 light. It is now going into full flower under a 24-zero light.

Why

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Again I am being misunderstood. I uprooted the clone and threw it away. This is the parent plant that I cloned from. The one that supposedly is not an auto because its' clone went into flower under a 12-12
The parent was never put under 12/12

The parent plant started showing preflower end of last month while under an 18-6 light. It is now going into full flower under a 24-zero light.

Why
Thanks, that's clearer. How old was the parent plant when it began full flowering?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You have a male plant - what is your goal? Auto or not, it is a male and will remain male. If it is questionable to you in your experience then I definitely wouldn't use it in breeding.

Proven by the fact that the clone went into flower immediately under 12/12 light a full month
Not necessarily. Some autoflowers take a jump-start to get flowering. If the plant was mature when you took the clone the 12/12 could have prompted flowering before the parent. Likely if you had put the parent under 12/12 it would have flowered as well.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There are many threads on other forums about auto-flowers not auto-ing on their own. Could be a bad batch of autos that are actuall photo, or some trait they pick up alontg the way - but it is not unheard of for a seed bred as an auto to act like a photo plant.

Streetpro09

Tester
I really don't understand how y'all ain't understanding me. The question(1) to me is simple. The answer(2) should be straightforward in a complicated way. Meaning that there is a simple term for what is going on, but the explanation as to why is difficult.

This plant is not an autoflower plant. Proven by the fact that the clone went into flower immediately under 12/12 light a full month (oct24-nov25) before the parent plant started showing pre-flowers.

Now, proving this is not an autoflower with the previous statement. The statement that males throw pre-flowers when they are ready to pop comes into play.

Awesome sweet. Plants can do this. But hold on. This plant isn't only pre-flowering. This plant is in full flower. And also it is doing it under 24/0 light.
Showing no signs of reverting itself back into vegetative state. (<What I expected it to do, in answer to H.A.F)

(1)WHY? <<<Simple question

(2) Because of this! <<<Difficult to understand term.

If this doesn't do it. After all the pictures. All the info. After answering the same questions multiple times with the same answers, then I'm not really sure what I can ask past this point.

Maybe my brain really is kicking my ass these past few weeks and I'm just not seeing the answer myself. Maybe I do need to commit myself.
However, I don't think I'm right. I really do feel that I am the one being fully misunderstood when it comes to this. I welcome the opportunity to help me understand what puzzle piece my brain is missing.
Hey man. Pm me if you want and we can discuss it. I'm not the smartest guy either.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The thing about the auto's (read it, not done it) is that after you 'instigate' flowering on them you should be able to put them back under longer light and they will not re-veg. A photo would

Thanks, that's clearer. How old was the parent plant when it began full flowering?
Aug24 - Nov 25 so 3 months old?

You have a male plant - what is your goal? Auto or not, it is a male and will remain male. If it is questionable to you in your experience then I definitely wouldn't use it in breeding.

Not necessarily. Some autoflowers take a jump-start to get flowering. If the plant was mature when you took the clone the 12/12 could have prompted flowering before the parent. Likely if you had put the parent under 12/12 it would have flowered as well.

I don't want to breed it at this point. I want to have a nice healthy fully grown plant in my personal closet. This was the first seed to pop under my touch. It is special to me.

As to the second, having a bit of trouble understanding what you mean but if Im right this should answer

>The plant was over one month old (7 nodes)
>Only one of 3 clones was put into the flowering tent. The the two that were left in veg tent did not flower and were uprooted at the same time the third clone was uprooted and they still had not shown flower by then but rather continued to veg.

There are many threads on other forums about auto-flowers not auto-ing on their own. Could be a bad batch of autos that are actuall photo, or some trait they pick up alontg the way - but it is not unheard of for a seed bred as an auto to act like a photo plant.
Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. See now here we go. But as it took this long just to get me here, maybe you can see as to why I haven't already found this info.