Can an auto flower under 12/12?

I am wondering if you grew autos, which I think are feminized, how did you get a male to begin with?

If the "auto's" were from bag-seed then you are growing random stuff.
Yes, this particular male did come from a bag seed. However the pain relief was top notch for my roomie so we wanted to breed it into the CBD which has .3%thc

And I was very much hoping it wasn't an auto as I was only buying fems to keep a perpetual running from clones and some stock to mess with breading down the road

Breeding isn't that cut and dry. There's a science behind it, you need to know which traits to look for, and you often don't get what you are looking for from a simple cross like that.
Ya, I figured I'd have to plant a ton of the resulting seeds, weed out the bad, and do that inbreeding stuff with the strongest. But that was born from watching YouTube. Had a feeling so I figured I'd find old timers with true knowledge about the stuff.

Streetpro09

Tester
Ya, I figured I'd have to plant a ton of the resulting seeds, weed out the bad, and do that inbreeding stuff with the strongest. But that was born from watching YouTube. Had a feeling so I figured I'd find old timers with true knowledge about the stuff.
Do you understand how much time this takes?

F95EF45A-F24D-436D-9595-58D615687463.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yes, this particular male did come from a bag seed. However the pain relief was top notch for my roomie so we wanted to breed it into the CBD which has .3%thc

And I was very much hoping it wasn't an auto as I was only buying fems to keep a perpetual running from clones and some stock to mess with breading down the road
OK - an autoflower seed pretty much has to be bought if you don't specificlly know how to make new auto seeds. A bag seed from a female plant is not a great seed to start with. Not sure where thepollen came from or if it was self produced - which is a bad trait in a female.

There are good beans cheap everywhere now if auto has to be your thing.

That said, a seed will make a plant that is either male or female. Once females are determined they will make weed flowers :) There is a bigger chance of getting hermaphroditic traits from a bag seed though. You can get great smoke - hit or miss - but you start out at a 50/50 shot getting a female, then a chance that some of those aren't great or throw nuts or late nanners (self pollenate).

OK - an autoflower seed pretty much has to be bought if you don't specificlly know how to make new auto seeds. A bag seed from a female plant is not a great seed to start with. Not sure where thepollen came from or if it was self produced - which is a bad trait in a female.

That said, a seed will make a plant that is either male or female. Once females are determined they will make weed flowers :) There is a bigger chance of getting hermaphroditic traits from a bag seed though. You can get great smoke - hit or miss - but you start out at a 50/50 shot getting a female, then a chance that some of those aren't great or throw nuts or late nanners (self pollenate).
" or if it was self produced - which is a bad trait in a female." I was taught recently that a plant left long enough will produce a few seeds and those seeds are just basically clones in seed form.

"There are good beans cheap everywhere now if auto has to be your thing." No thank you. I don't care for autos. To me they are *put them in a garden outside and keep the pests off till they're ripe.* Type of plant and I'd rather cultivate mothers on small scale for continuous relief.

Though I was recently told that mothers aren't all that great past the first 4 cloneings anyways.

"but you start out at a 50/50 shot getting a female, then a chance that some of those aren't great or throw nuts or late nanners (self pollenate)." This was actually my hope in the first place. I only had the one pop out of four saved up from multiple bags and was pleased with just that.

Streetpro09

Tester
" or if it was self produced - which is a bad trait in a female." I was taught recently that a plant left long enough will produce a few seeds and those seeds are just basically clones in seed form.

"There are good beans cheap everywhere now if auto has to be your thing." No thank you. I don't care for autos. To me they are *put them in a garden outside and keep the pests off till they're ripe.* Type of plant and I'd rather cultivate mothers on small scale for continuous relief.

Though I was recently told that mothers aren't all that great past the first 4 cloneings anyways.

"but you start out at a 50/50 shot getting a female, then a chance that some of those aren't great or throw nuts or late nanners (self pollenate)." This was actually my hope in the first place. I only had the one pop out of four saved up from multiple bags and was pleased with just that.
That is some bunk advise. Good thing you found this place. If I were you I would forgot everything I thought I knew and start over here.

It's hard to be disappointed when you know what to expect. Sounds like you might be heading in the right direction.
In truth and hopefully!
Are those autos? If so the pack said 9 weeks but that means nine weeks of flower so you can’t count until it started to flower. And the times on packs are just estimates
They are not autos either. I don't care for autos. Seedcellar(where I bought them), Ethos seeds(genetic bank site), and Leafly all say this is a 9 week flower so that's what I was going from.
I had a feeling they were still looking young and the shorter one basically veged herself before fully flowering as I had stuck her in from straight clone. The other just super stretched.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
In truth and hopefully!

They are not autos either. I don't care for autos. Seedcellar(where I bought them), Ethos seeds(genetic bank site), and Leafly all say this is a 9 week flower so that's what I was going from.
I had a feeling they were still looking young and the shorter one basically veged herself before fully flowering as I had stuck her in from straight clone. The other just super stretched.
So those are 7weeks from when you switched them to 12/12 light cycles? If so they are going to be a long flower time

So those are 7weeks from when you switched them to 12/12 light cycles? If so they are going to be a long flower time

Well just realize I f***** myself over too. Went to take a pic of one of the tops and noticed new growth. Basically I forgot to put my timer back on the lights and they have been under 24-hour light since noon Monday. Fk fk fk. PXL_20201203_210020757.jpgPXL_20201203_205939889.jpgPXL_20201203_205935305.jpgPXL_20201203_210002458.jpg