Can an auto flower under 12/12?

Yes? Oh, ok, awesome, thanks!
No?
Then why the heck is my male flowering himself?
I cloned and flowered so I would know sex. Kept him for father strain, but he started flowering one top.
Moved him to his own room to avoid seeding, but he's still going at it with new pods popping up on the other tops now.

Can too low temps cause it? The best I can keep him at currently is 68° night low of 61°

Many thanks in advance!

PXL_20201201_232329506.MP.jpgPXL_20201201_232401211.jpgPXL_20201201_232401211.jpgPXL_20201201_232405402.jpg

Attachments

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Yes? Oh, ok, awesome, thanks!
No?
Then why the heck is my male flowering himself?
I cloned and flowered so I would know sex. Kept him for father strain, but he started flowering one top.
Moved him to his own room to avoid seeding, but he's still going at it with new pods popping up on the other tops now.

Can too low temps cause it? The best I can keep him at currently is 68° night low of 61°

Many thanks in advance!

View attachment 79053View attachment 79055View attachment 79055View attachment 79056
How do you know it’s a auto? If you cloned it and then flowered the clone it’s not a auto, if it was an auto it is going to flower no matter what, by the time your clone rooted the main plant would have been flowering pollen sacs

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
You can't clone a true "auto flowering" plant. (To my knowledge of the matter). An "auto" has a "pre-determined" lifespan whether you are growing it at 12/12 or 18/6 or 20/4 or 24hrs. Doesn't matter. You clone to lengthen a "photo-period" plant lifespan of genetics.
If you breed a "true auto", I believe it is either 1/8 or 1/16 auto-flowering traits in the f1's of having that particular trait and as you progress the lines, you will get more and more. Aiuto-flower is about the "seed". The more seed, the more chances of finding the desired auto trait in the line. Does that make sense?
Most likely, the more auto male will show 1st everytime, if it has went the proper length of time.
I'd let him go and collect the pollen. Decide what to do later.

Last edited:

M48

Super Active Member
You can't clone a true "auto flowering" plant. (To my knowledge of the matter). An "auto" has a "pre-determined" lifespan whether you are growing it at 12/12 or 18/6 or 20/4 or 24hrs. Doesn't matter. You clone to lengthen a "photo-period" plant lifespan of genetics.
If you breed a "true auto", I believe it is either 1/8 or 1/16 auto-flowering traits in the f1's of having that particular trait and as you progress the lines, you will get more and more. Aiuto-flower is about the "seed". The more seed, the more chances of finding the desired auto trait in the line. Does that make sense?
Most likely, the more auto male will show 1st everytime, if it has went the proper length of time.
Pretty much exactly how I've read in several different places

How do you know it’s a auto? If you cloned it and then flowered the clone it’s not a auto, if it was an auto it is going to flower no matter what, by the time your clone rooted the main plant would have been flowering pollen sacs
Whelp, frk.
I cloned it at 6nodes. Took 3 and split into a top for test sex flower and two for learning training techniques if they were female.
They were not so I scrapped them but kept the father for breeding later on as plan b.
When I first started looking into all this back in Aug, I had seen a time lapse video where a guy had but it flowered at the same time as the mother, just at a smaller size and the mother got a decent multi-cola, but it wasn't worth it overall.

Pollen collecting was always the plan, but I wanted to let him grow a good while first. All reading has pointed to thc being fully present in males (albeit slightly lower) but still gives great benefits when baked or juiced.

BUT THIS STILL BEGS THE ORIGINAL QUESTION.

Why is my guy flowering himself under 24hr light?!?!!!!?!?

And an epic many thanks to all present!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Whelp, frk.
I cloned it at 6nodes. Took 3 and split into a top for test sex flower and two for learning training techniques if they were female.
They were not so I scrapped them but kept the father for breeding later on as plan b.

When I first started looking into all this back in Aug, I had seen a time lapse video where a guy had but it flowered at the same time as the mother, just at a smaller size and the mother got a decent multi-cola, but it wasn't worth it overall.

Pollen collecting was always the plan, but I wanted to let him grow a good while first. All reading has pointed to thc being fully present in males (albeit slightly lower) but still gives great benefits when baked or juiced.

BUT THIS STILL BEGS THE ORIGINAL QUESTION.

Why is my guy flowering himself under 24hr light?!?!!!!?!?

And an epic many thanks to all present!
It's flowering because that's what it's programmed to do....automatically. The lighting is irrelevant. You can't dictate anything related to a timeline with an auto..i.e. you can't veg it until you're ready......it will only veg until it's ready.
You can definitely clone an auto, but that does not roll it's clock back any.

It's flowering because that's what it's programmed to do....automatically. The lighting is irrelevant. You can't dictate anything related to a timeline with an auto..i.e. you can't veg it until you're ready......it will only veg until it's ready.
You can definitely clone an auto, but that does not roll it's clock back any.
So you are saying that this is an autoflower plant and that an autoflower plant can be cloned and said clone can be made to flower in a 12/12 light cycle before the time of autoflower. Correct? Otherwise please help me understand

Because it's an auto it will flower without a light change that's the only draw to me to keep one in my veg tent
So you are saying that this is an autoflower plant and that an autoflower plant can be cloned and said clone can be made to flower in a 12/12 light cycle before the time of autoflower. Correct? Otherwise please help me understand

Streetpro09

Tester
Sry to butt in but I think they are saying :

-that it's an auto flower
-it can be cloned
-will flower on any light cycle for the most part
-clone will flower the same time the mother flowers
-not worth it to clone, yield suffers on mother

Hope this helps.