Can an auto flower under 12/12?

Happy 420 everyone.

But I do seriously have and now there are problem now XD
Those girls have been in 24-hour lights since Monday. do I flip them back to 1212 now or do I need to give them another week or so to continue vegging or what's up???

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Happy 420 everyone.

But I do seriously have and now there are problem now XD
Those girls have been in 24-hour lights since Monday. do I flip them back to 1212 now or do I need to give them another week or so to continue vegging or what's up???
Flip them back today and not going to lie, that’s a big fuck up. It’s going to mess with your time and yield but get them back 12/12 now

Flip them back today and not going to lie, that’s a big fuck up. It’s going to mess with your time and yield but get them back 12/12 now
It's not too huge of a loss though honestly because these plants were to test how quickly a plant could go from clone to flower. I'm surprised they haven't hermed out already XD

On here, free is usually fire. People are always needing beans tested/

That said, any of the guys on here that sell beans are legit. If you invest (whatever that is to you) in a good pack of beans you'll get your money's worth at a minimum.
Glad to hear it. I figured I was still a couple years from going into the bean trade side, but I might be able to test some for peeps here and there. Mind, this isn't my personal grow. It is for a lupus patient.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
It's not too huge of a loss though honestly because these plants were to test how quickly a plant could go from clone to flower. I'm surprised they haven't hermed out already XD
Ideally the plants you take clones off of are mature plants. So as soon as your clones have roots, they can be flowered. Honestly plants don’t herm as easy as some make it seem but a stress like you just did to them they may or may not herm you’ll know in like 2-3 weeks after getting them back to 12/12

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Glad to hear it. I figured I was still a couple years from going into the bean trade side, but I might be able to test some for peeps here and there. Mind, this isn't my personal grow. It is for a lupus patient.
Most that need seeds tester have plenty of seeds already grown and proven its not like they are inexperienced and just trying this, they just need good pics and feedback on new flavors to sell more seed. It can sometimes be a good marketing tool

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There were just black Friday and cyber Monday sales everywhere. Probably more between now and Christmas or some that are still going on.

If you are in the market to try beans, this is the best time of year.

Most that need seeds tester have plenty of seeds already grown and proven its not like they are inexperienced and just trying this, they just need good pics and feedback on new flavors to sell more seed. It can sometimes be a good marketing tool
Righto. Basically why I haven't reached out yet and bought stock first so that I can mess around and learn first. Other people's stuff is theirs and while I would like to contribute that way eventually, I'm just not ready as a grower.

Ideally the plants you take clones off of are mature plants. So as soon as your clones have roots, they can be flowered. Honestly plants don’t herm as easy as some make it seem but a stress like you just did to them they may or may not herm you’ll know in like 2-3 weeks after getting them back to 12/12
Righto. All the vids I watched said wait till at least 5 nodes on parent to top it for high stress training, so I figured I'd grab my clones then just to get some stuff in flower sooner.

Fingers crossed they don't!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Righto. Basically why I haven't reached out yet and bought stock first so that I can mess around and learn first. Other people's stuff is theirs and while I would like to contribute that way eventually, I'm just not ready as a grower.
Everyone on here isn't looking to trade, they sell beans - retail - free shipping and stuff LOL- and you have to have plants to learn.

But if you want the best shot at learning and getting a good result at the same time get good beans. Good genetics can tolerate amateur growers :)

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
So you are saying that this is an autoflower plant and that an autoflower plant can be cloned and said clone can be made to flower in a 12/12 light cycle before the time of autoflower. Correct? Otherwise please help me understand
So you are saying that this is an autoflower plant and that an autoflower plant can be cloned
Yes to that part

and said clone can be made to flower in a 12/12 light cycle before the time of autoflower
No to that part

Think of your auto like a bomb that has a fuse. Once it's planted...the clock is ticking. It's the plant's biological clock. You can't control that.

That plant is already pollinating so I hope you don't have females growing, too. The two red arrows show pollen sacs that have opened to release pollen.
View attachment 79522
Right. He (evergreen) said earlier those were pre-flowers. More have bloomed along the stalk now. The plant is still well above 12 hour dark cycles, so I'm wondering if he will stop producing flowers and continue to grow bigger? Or if he will continue to pop these pre-flowers untill I put it in full flower