Breeding project results

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Well worth what you paid, unless the driver is on it's last leg from being run at high temps for hrs on end like for growing weed. lol
The CV (constant voltage) drivers are great for the boards. CC(constant current) is great for the COB's.
Boards and COBs are manufactured differently, but will run on either.
Hey,
there's some kind of App for you all's cellphones, you can check what your spectrum looks like with the camera.
See what your light is actually giving to the canopy.
That way you can add what color spectrums your plant needs and dial in your spectrums for the different growth stages, even what your plant looks like overall.
I don't own a phone so I am shit out of luck on that one.
If you're serious about understanding your plant better than 90% of the growers, learn about the sun and atmospheric light.
Type the word "Haze" and see what comes up.
And the journey begins. lol
not that kind of phone,not me!

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I get bored easily, so I am constantly digging into different technologies and learning why things work and some things don't from all these angles from different trades.
Do you know, in 50 years of growing, I have barely changed my growing technique.
Funny, science is still trying to catch up with what we were already doing in the 70's and 80's.
Ain't that neat? lol
Funny how it was dirt and sun, then soiless, then hydroponics, then aeroponics, then auquaponics, then living soil, now organic sun grown in living soil... isnt that back where we started? I have been inspecting all the local offerings at the local shitspos and the "organic sun grown" smokes the best.

D

Deleted member 60

Funny how it was dirt and sun, then soiless, then hydroponics, then aeroponics, then auquaponics, then living soil, now organic sun grown in living soil... isnt that back where we started? I have been inspecting all the local offerings at the local shitspos and the "organic sun grown" smokes the best.
"Yeah man...but it lacks density and crystals if it's grown outside"... said the guy who never wired growin outside/never finished a grow outside/harvested early at week 7 cus they'd been out there so long and they thought they were done...LOL.

Hmmmm....I wonder when "the Coliseum" will be in vogue again. I'm sure a few of you remember those monsters...LOL.

D

Deleted member 2835

What smokes the best for me is my own shit that I know has been through a proper cure. Doesn't matter the substrate.

D

Deleted member 60

Thrips suck. Down south there everywhere. Easy to knock out though. Spinosad 1 time it's over. Follow up in a few days and there gone.
Thanks for the tip. I have/had 'em in my dome greenhouse. Never had em before...so at first I thought it was a virus/etc on my cuc's/squash.....both which are super finicky bitches in the GH and love to pop PM. My normal controls (Bifen, Neem) didn't phase 'em. Hit em with some Mainspring and moved a buncha stuff outside for Summer...so I'll knack the fuckers with Spinosad if I see em again.

D

Deleted member 60

Still chuggin' along here as well...though I'm cheating by bringing them in/out during the day. They'd certainly take the cold @ 30+ degrees...but it's just less shit to think about @ this time of year (which is always too busy...) We're seeing snow/highs in the 30's in our forecast Sunday...so I'm hitting the firewood cuttin' heavy the next 2 days and hopefully can put the saw away after that...and then these will all come down. The cool weather will make the dry on these perfect...

Definitely seeing em frost up more/get thicker. I've never let 8 weekers (H's Black Zafiro and an unmarked one) run 12 weeks/until the fans dry up and fall off...LOL...but it will play out well from the looks of things. The C99 x Headbangers are really likin' the extended time. There's no way these were 8-9 week plants.

Those are muy frosty though...very nice.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Still chuggin' along here as well...though I'm cheating by bringing them in/out during the day. They'd certainly take the cold @ 30+ degrees...but it's just less shit to think about @ this time of year (which is always too busy...) We're seeing snow/highs in the 30's in our forecast Sunday...so I'm hitting the firewood cuttin' heavy the next 2 days and hopefully can put the saw away after that...and then these will all come down. The cool weather will make the dry on these perfect...

Definitely seeing em frost up more/get thicker. I've never let 8 weekers (H's Black Zafiro and an unmarked one) run 12 weeks/until the fans dry up and fall off...LOL...but it will play out well from the looks of things. The C99 x Headbangers are really likin' the extended time. There's no way these were 8-9 week plants.

Those are muy frosty though...very nice.
This last set of pics is the only one I have that's actually anchored in the ground.
I have it wrapped in panda film at the base to reflect the sun better. I cheat too.
I bring the rest (3 gal pots) inside most nights for protection against the "sap suckers" and thieves.
It's easy, In the morning, I just grab them by the stalk and head toward the light. lol

I've never had the opportunity to do a proper outdoor grow.
Now that, would be a site worth paying to see. lol

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
as it should!
Yep why do think I'm able to blast my plants with 2000+ ppfd and feed them 3.0 ec?
don't have the equipment to hit that kind of ppfd ,so i will work with what i have,two led 300 watters( or close) and a pair of cobs/burples!
I wish I could say that. Latley I have been having some tough times with my grows, this time thrips:( Always something. I think the stuff I grew b4 I new how bad I was fn it up was better.LOL
yep i know that problem ,well!:)