Breeding project results

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Yes sir only 5 on site.. lol
Any plant over 5 inches is considered a plant....🤣..
Indoor or outdoor plants need to b in a locked area.
All plants must b in same room inside, or same plot outside..
There's a lot of other bs rules to go bye also, just was what I remembered off top head..
Such shit...
✌
standard procdure, enough rules, you can trip em up with at least 1 for extra money!

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Do you blow dry them with a leaf blower or shake them off when it rains?
No, I'd never thought of that before.
The higher up the hill I can get them, the overall "better, healthier" plant.
100ft makes a difference with the wind and bugs.
I've only had one plant that had some fist size colas that sweated and began turning brown.
Luckily, I caught it in time and saved it.

@1oldfart
Here is some of my old projects and ways I began building lights
1696463331526.png
1696463396920.png
1696463466366.png
1696463585293.png

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I've only had one plant that had some fist size colas that sweated and began turning brown.

@1oldfart
View attachment 131023
View attachment 131024
View attachment 131025
View attachment 131026
That's awesome 😎,I see you added ir? I'm putting something together now with some rspec boards. I have 4 timber 3500k cree cob I could add, good idea!

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I built bars like this too.
8 Growdaddy 301H + UV, 301B's 3500K, 2 x 4000K Vero 29's, center is a 660 photo red, and far red
1697986018718.png
4x3500K 14 x 301H +UV
1697986017874.png
Here's 10 x 301H +UV, with adjustable wings.
1697986128698.png1697986171718.png
That's awesome 😎,I see you added ir? I'm putting something together now with some rspec boards. I have 4 timber 3500k cree cob I could add, good idea!
I use my COBs all the time. They penetrate deep into the canopy way more than the diodes.
People are nuts not to use COBs.

Attachments

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I built bars like this too.
8 Growdaddy 301H + UV, 301B's 3500K, 2 x 4000K Vero 29's, center is a 660 photo red, and far red
View attachment 131533
4x3500K 14 x 301H +UV
View attachment 131532
Here's 10 x 301H +UV, with adjustable wings.
View attachment 131534View attachment 131535

I use my COBs all the time. They penetrate deep into the canopy way more than the diodes.
People are nuts not to use COBs.
Awesome 😎, i actually have 4 timber cree 3500k, my first real grow light I started with blurple. I run them naked at each corner of a qb288 right now. I have 3 rspec boards id like to put to work. I never thought about incorporating the cobs.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Just don't go over your forward volt output for your CC driver for wiring in "series" . Often, I will pair the COB's (parallel, then into series) and run a Meanwell HLG240H type A, 2100mA driver, so I get 3 x (2 in parallel)1100mA in string or 3 x (3 in parallel) 750mA on each COB. I get between 304-316 watts on my Vero string from a HLG240H 2100mA.
If I run the Growdaddys on the Meanwells CC drivers, I don't get close to those watts.

The 24/ 48volt switchable power supplies run the strips better. I get over 400watts from a 350 watt supply.
I have the Corolux Storm pwm with a 4 channel LDD-H-4S Driver board. Can run up to 6 -12 Veros off of that set up. or 12 -18 Growdaddy strips.
I just roasted the 4515 mosfet out of a brand new 600 watt 48 volt power supply last week. Was only like $27.00 to my door.
You get what you pay for. lol

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

@1oldfart
View attachment 131023
View attachment 131024
View attachment 131025
View attachment 131026
a trip thru history ,in the search of better lighting, cobs i know of ,the flat panels. i never used!

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I was shopping for a used driver on eBay and found a china QB with a meanwell 240 54a/b for 30 bucks shipped so I bought it. It's got Phillips 3030 LEDs, I had a few autoflower running outside my tent so I threw it over one just out of curiosity. I have the other 2 sharing 301b at 185 so we'll see how it goes. These rspec boards don't have far red so I wanted to add that anyway.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I was shopping for a used driver on eBay and found a china QB with a meanwell 240 54a/b for 30 bucks shipped so I bought it. It's got Phillips 3030 LEDs, I had a few autoflower running outside my tent so I threw it over one just out of curiosity. I have the other 2 sharing 301b at 185 so we'll see how it goes. These rspec boards don't have far red so I wanted to add that anyway.
Well worth what you paid, unless the driver is on it's last leg from being run at high temps for hrs on end like for growing weed. lol
The CV (constant voltage) drivers are great for the boards. CC(constant current) is great for the COB's.
Boards and COBs are manufactured differently, but will run on either.
Hey,
there's some kind of App for you all's cellphones, you can check what your spectrum looks like with the camera.
See what your light is actually giving to the canopy.
That way you can add what color spectrums your plant needs and dial in your spectrums for the different growth stages, even what your plant looks like overall.
I don't own a phone so I am shit out of luck on that one.
If you're serious about understanding your plant better than 90% of the growers, learn about the sun and atmospheric light.
Type the word "Haze" and see what comes up.
And the journey begins. lol

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Be aware, there's a ratio/formula for using Photo red 660's and Far red(730nm) diodes together and/or separate.
Can change the structure of the plant.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Well worth what you paid, unless the driver is on it's last leg from being run at high temps for hrs on end like for growing weed. lol
The CV (constant voltage) drivers are great for the boards. CC(constant current) is great for the COB's.
Boards and COBs are manufactured differently, but will run on either.
Hey,
there's some kind of App for you all's cellphones, you can check what your spectrum looks like with the camera.
See what your light is actually giving to the canopy.
That way you can add what color spectrums your plant needs and dial in your spectrums for the different growth stages, even what your plant looks like overall.
I don't own a phone so I am shit out of luck on that one.
If you're serious about understanding your plant better than 90% of the growers, learn about the sun and atmospheric light.
Type the word "Haze" and see what comes up.
And the journey begins. lol
even the sun varies intestiy ,at any given moment for sure!

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I get bored easily, so I am constantly digging into different technologies and learning why things work and some things don't from all these angles from different trades.
Do you know, in 50 years of growing, I have barely changed my growing technique.
Funny, science is still trying to catch up with what we were already doing in the 70's and 80's.
Ain't that neat? lol

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I get bored easily, so I am constantly digging into different technologies and learning why things work and some things don't from all these angles from different trades.
Do you know, in 50 years of growing, I have barely changed my growing technique.
Funny, science is still trying to catch up with what we were already doing in the 70's and 80's.
Ain't that neat? lol
reptile t5 bulbs !!!!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I think I have one reptisun light here somewhere.
I have Agromax 75/25 UVA/UVB bulbs for the "scorched earth" affect. lol

I ran on to this about CO2, some of you should read,
if adding CO2 to your grow.
shit i ain't that high teck, hell i just won a little spyder light but it will double the watts in the tent, at least light half of it well!