Bobs buds and bees

twobitbob

Super Active Member
PBN Profits someone embarrassed and chasing my tail with these two but I'm documenting to keep track.
The soil may be too hot still but they needed transplanted, maybe should have bought a bag of soil. I haven't bought bagged soil in quite a few years now.
The roots on the right one grew out way faster then the left in the 50/50 coco mix
left one just transplanted
the right one was 4 days ago and I put it under the HLG blue spec, The first two days it perked up and was greening up from the veins out
Yesterday I noticed a couple leaves starting to point down and the tips are burnt
MG under LED or hot soil and impatient.6ED46B1B-A965-4396-AF79-E9701C9338D8_1_201_a.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I glanced through that schedule hoping it had more non-storebought ammendments, good basic starting point though. The big thing I noticed was in the woil prep it ways add alfalfa. I recommend not adding either alfalfa or kelp to the soil.

Both are great for the plants at the right time, but they have stuff in them that are basically PGR's or natural growth hormones. In the soil your plants will be taking it in because they want it and like it, but your plants won't finish. Constant late growth of pistils and foxtails is the main result.

Got this from a Duke Diamond podcast and after about 2 grows in my soil I had plants finishing right. Alfalfa and kelp are perfect for teas in veg, but not top-dressing.

FWIW.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a garden about the size of your new on in the works. Wish I had the land-mover tools you have LOL

I had to have some land cleared and the bulldozer guy did a great job but everything was pretty compacted. I have been adding stuff on top every time I think of it like mowed leaves, down to earth minerals, cover crop seeds, etc. I think the next move is to plant worm /people food with lots of biomass like melons and pumpkins etc. Stuff where I can prep one little spot and have the plant go wild. It's gonna be no-till just to save my back.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Duke Diamond I will check that out. thanks H.A.F.
feeling REAL NEWB LIKE haha oh well mistakes help me learn so keeping track on here is way easier to look back then my scribbled chicken scratch notes.
I already mixed the alfalfa and kelp meal in it.
I've been mixing alfalfa and kelp in soil for years now, But most of the time they were in big bags at least 60 gallons and for outdoor.
I have more experience outdoor and might be mixing my soil too strong because of what I'm used to doing.
I was getting some fox tailing in flower.
might just mix a batch with nothing in it besides gypsum, oyster shell, basalt and Montanagrow
And apply kelp and alfalfa teas
Thanks for the recommendation!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Duke Diamond I will check that out. thanks H.A.F.
I have no clue which podcast it was even, but after hearing a few of them he is a very smart dude. He left home at 15, because he already graduat4ed high school and his parents made him leave, worked in some kind of scientific lab setting before switching to herb. Anyway, it's triacontinol that is the main culprit. His input was basically a comment about the two. The what and why in about a minute. I looked the rest up and made connections you have to make transferring non-weed knowledge successfully to weed knowledge.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I have a garden about the size of your new on in the works. Wish I had the land-mover tools you have LOL

I had to have some land cleared and the bulldozer guy did a great job but everything was pretty compacted. I have been adding stuff on top every time I think of it like mowed leaves, down to earth minerals, cover crop seeds, etc. I think the next move is to plant worm /people food with lots of biomass like melons and pumpkins etc. Stuff where I can prep one little spot and have the plant go wild. It's gonna be no-till just to save my back.
I am spoiled with the skid steer, but it is a necessity in my area we are at near 5400' and just had 5 ft of snow been pushing it around 4 days now.
That area would have taken lots of wheel barrows haha
I kind of wanted to burn the native grass before covering it. I hope it works good, I put layers of cardboard down first then the pallets and I went out into the forest and gathered half burnt logs from slash burn piles and mycelium growing on them, so there was lots of charred wood in the bottom of the pallets, then the horse manure straw alfalfa bedding. My thinking is the cardboard will slow the grass and attract the worms to start mowing the poo
I planted the bushes on top of that with compost peat pumice mixture. I'm going for wild food forest for the deer when I'm gone haha.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Like, for a veggie garden that is probably the shit! Constant new growth? Bring it! For weed? Problematic. That's all I mean about translating the knowledge. Not that I'm that bright LOL

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I have no clue which podcast it was even, but after hearing a few of them he is a very smart dude. He left home at 15, because he already graduat4ed high school and his parents made him leave, worked in some kind of scientific lab setting before switching to herb. Anyway, it's triacontinol that is the main culprit. His input was basically a comment about the two. The what and why in about a minute. I looked the rest up and made connections you have to make transferring non-weed knowledge successfully to weed knowledge.
Yes, I know alfalfa has triacontanol in it, that is the hormone and you say it causes the Foxtailing, I have read that before, but I did not think that having it in the soil would last that long through the flower.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Like, for a veggie garden that is probably the shit! Constant new growth? Bring it! For weed? Problematic. That's all I mean about translating the knowledge. Not that I'm that bright LOL
I will do some more reading and listening, and perhaps back off some of the amendments at first start with a base mineral mix, top dress and tea
Thanks for your input

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I glanced through that schedule hoping it had more non-storebought ammendments, good basic starting point though. The big thing I noticed was in the woil prep it ways add alfalfa. I recommend not adding either alfalfa or kelp to the soil.

Both are great for the plants at the right time, but they have stuff in them that are basically PGR's or natural growth hormones. In the soil your plants will be taking it in because they want it and like it, but your plants won't finish. Constant late growth of pistils and foxtails is the
That feed schedule seems to be based around using root wise
Build a Soil used to have a different schedule that was based on more home made stuff but I think they updated it and is a lot of bought stuff I can't find the old one.
I noticed they have the Alfalfa Ferment in the Flower feed too.

Thanks for commenting maybe this is why my plants where fox tailing and not finishing!!
I wasn't feeding alfalfa tea or ferment in flower but it is in the soil and I top dressed at week 2 flower with alfalfa, Neem, crab meal, fish bone meal
Just harvested Yesterday and was waiting waiting waiting for some amber trichs only to see cloudy and some purple stalked trichs
they were almost 12 weeks 3-4 weeks longer then the outdoor.
Only to find some of the nicest top buds had Bud rot dammit. I was scoping them daily and didn't notice it until yesterday when I big leafed and looking at the wole where the leaf is and shit that aint what I think it is...Yep White fluff Botrytis starting.
The room was 50% humidity and I didn't water for 2 days, but those tops where maybe more dense then I thought. Probably 2 zips trashed

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It took a few grows to get my plants finishing right, but I do small (5g) pots and dump and re-ammend between runs. Anytning I take out when sifting the soil goes right into the compost bin. I basically start each plant fresh, but with old soil. I know it ain't "the way" but they don't get to tell me what to do! :ROFLMAO:

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I was planning to use my 10 gal pots again, but I mixed this batch up for the next round and was going to add the used soil to the bottom of 15 or maybe 30 gal if I have them. gotta look at my pot stash haha. I know I have 100 gallon pots....
I ran out of Pumice and the 10 gal pots have pumice in it.

Now I'm doing some more alfalfa reading and looking at my notes, this batch I made I have about 2 Tbl spoons per 10 gals of soil blend so there isn't all that much in there. Hmmm

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was planning to use my 10 gal pots again, but I mixed this batch up for the next round and was going to add the used soil to the bottom of 15 or maybe 30 gal if I have them. gotta look at my pot stash haha. I know I have 100 gallon pots....
I ran out of Pumice and the 10 gal pots have pumice in it.

Now I'm doing some more alfalfa reading and looking at my notes, this batch I made I have about 2 Tbl spoons per 10 gals of soil blend so there isn't all that much in there. Hmmm
Not sure where you are at with volume and whatnot but if you have a batch that has a lot of alfalfa and one that doesn't you have veg and flower soil. Use one for your 1g up-pots (if you do that) but the other batch for going into the big pots/beds? Something to mull over and twist to your situation maybe.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Not sure where you are at with volume and whatnot but if you have a batch that has a lot of alfalfa and one that doesn't you have veg and flower soil. Use one for your 1g up-pots (if you do that) but the other batch for going into the big pots/beds? Something to mull over and twist to your situation maybe.
I have 100 Gallons baking for bigger pots probably 15s that has 2 TBL per 10 gal of Alfalfa and kelp
10 gallon blend with 1 cup each mustard meal, gypsum, oyster shell
1/2 cup each basalt, MTgrow
1/4 cup each kelp, alfalfa, crustacean, fish bone meal, egg shells.
This version I transplanted the two PBN Profits in 1 gal and 3 liter pot and back under the T5

The Mustard meal I've never used before, my compost had some gnats with it so I'm trying that out.
it has soluble and insoluble nitrogen. Its making me a little nervous its still heating up I temped it at 70 before transplanting so I'll see what happens with them
mustard meal study

twobitbob

Super Active Member
seeded bud
Never seen anything like this. saw some sticky something on this bud, trying to figure out where it came from or what it is
checked the inside of the bud for botrytis bugs or anything weird looking.
its golden.
so I dabbed it this thing was secreting resin out of that calyx I squeezed it and oozes out, maybe because that calyx didn't get pollinated and its trying to feed the seed that isn't there?
I'm curious if any of you Chuckers have ever seen this?B8D5C07F-C47F-4087-84B8-E5A83FF2A042_1_201_a.jpeg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
seeded bud
Never seen anything like this. saw some sticky something on this bud, trying to figure out where it came from or what it is
checked the inside of the bud for botrytis bugs or anything weird looking.
its golden.
so I dabbed it this thing was secreting resin out of that calyx I squeezed it and oozes out, maybe because that calyx didn't get pollinated and its trying to feed the seed that isn't there?
I'm curious if any of you Chuckers have ever seen this?View attachment 123539
It's called guttation. It isn't resin that is coming out it is basically sugar water.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
It's called guttation. It isn't resin that is coming out it is basically sugar water.
Thanks I was searching google couldn't find much on it
sweet man I was wondering if it was something like that I was tasting it and it was kinda sweet/terpy

Guttation, in your experience does this happen to unseeded flowers too, or is it a more common occurrence in pollinated buds?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Thanks I was searching google couldn't find much on it
sweet man I was wondering if it was something like that I was tasting it and it was kinda sweet/terpy

Guttation, in your experience does this happen to unseeded flowers too, or is it a more common occurrence in pollinated buds?
I've had it happen a couple of times and both times it was on unseeded flower.