Badmofo's Basement Oasis

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Me too lol. It hasnt quite been the same since I switched to promix over ocean forest. I think I'm gonna make the transition to coco when this bale runs out.

The thing that's throwing me for a loop is everything else looks great...
I wonder if it's just genetics. Like most strains will be fine switching mediums or nutes mid cycle but some just don't fuck with it at all. Get all finicky and depressed. I wish my memory wasn't so shite someone else switched mediums and their lady hated it. Have you tried diagnosing any specific problems? I assume they all get the same feed and medium.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
I wonder if it's just genetics. Like most strains will be fine switching mediums or nutes mid cycle but some just don't fuck with it at all. Get all finicky and depressed. I wish my memory wasn't so shite someone else switched mediums and their lady hated it. Have you tried diagnosing any specific problems? I assume they all get the same feed and medium.
Yeah everything is in the same medium, pot size, same feed. The medium change from ocean forest to promix was after taking clones to start a new cycle.

I can't really think of much other than possible high sodium levels, as my water comes after a softener, plus the Epsom salts for magnesium. But I would think that would effect more than one strain. I'm gonna grab an RO system after this cycle to eliminate that possibility. I should probably get a ppm meter as well...

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
It yielded like shit last run, and looks rough this one. I'm gonna give it one more chance to shape up or ship out. If I didn't like it so much it would already be gone lol.

Edit: weird thing is, all the leafs that are yellowing out and dying are like halfway up the plant. I would be less confused if it was starting at the bottoms and going up, or starting at the top and going down

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
I got to thinking and I think it's possibly pH related. It might be more pissed about how high I've been feeding them, and the others don't care as much. I've been feeding at around 6.6-6.8 (I think anyway, I need a new pen) because I was avoiding adding pH down since the bud explosion dropped it there and I thought it would be good. And I thought it would help with magnesium uptake. And I might have locked out zinc.

I think my water drifts up a bit over time as well, which doesn't help. I think i remember seeming to have less problems closer to 6.3 pH. It takes a decent bit of pH down to get it down there, so I was being cheap. I'll drop the pH on them, but the damage is done, I'm gonna lose out on yield for sure at the very least, if not have to pull early if that's not it and I can't limp them through.

Hopefully I can blame it on myself, and it's not something truly wrong with the cut somehow. Oh well, it's all a learning experience, it's not like I wont have enough with the other plants in there lol.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Mighta been me. GH3 to MC mid run early flower. May have been coincidence but it took almost a month to get out of nute lock and back on track somewhat. MC from the start next run.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Gotta love the structure on the Bridezilla. One of the more pretty leaf structures I've seen in a strain. Let us know if you're getting coffee/chocolate/lemons on the nose.
Yeah it looks like it should be an easy trim too. Great leaf to calyx ratio.

So far it seems like #1 is more on the chocolate/bakery type smell, and #2 has pretty sharp dank lemon smell so far. It also seems #1 has more gritty trichomes, and #2 has more greasy trichomes if that makes any sense.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Yeah it looks like it should be an easy trim too. Great leaf to calyx ratio.

So far it seems like #1 is more on the chocolate/bakery type smell, and #2 has pretty sharp dank lemon smell so far. It also seems #1 has more gritty trichomes, and #2 has more greasy trichomes if that makes any sense.
Interesting opposite for me. My bz1 had the chocolate amd bz2 jad the lemon. Yes totally makes sense on the greasy.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Day 37 update.

You can see how rough the deputy's look.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190826113500056_COVER.jpg

Bridezilla #100000IMG_00000_BURST20190826113413074_COVER.jpg

Nice big lower nugs

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190826113540315_COVER.jpg

Bridezilla #2 starting to show a but of purple creeping in can't really see it in the pic though
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190826113358395_COVER.jpg

Hibernates are doing there thing, starting to purple up a bit too.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190826113432122_COVER.jpg

Couldn't really get a great pic of the GMOozy, but it looks like it's finally starting to fill out some.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
I guess that one feed with the lower pk did do a bit of damage. Seeing some spotting on the GMOozy and bridezillas, and a bit around the edges of the leafs on the hibernates.

Had my temps been lower and my lights a bit higher I think I would have been fine, but they needed more food for the intensity of the light and transpiration.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yeah everything is in the same medium, pot size, same feed. The medium change from ocean forest to promix was after taking clones to start a new cycle.

I can't really think of much other than possible high sodium levels, as my water comes after a softener, plus the Epsom salts for magnesium. But I would think that would effect more than one strain. I'm gonna grab an RO system after this cycle to eliminate that possibility. I should probably get a ppm meter as well...
Cold water from your kitchen sink or outside hose bibs should bypass the softener not be softened.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Cold water from your kitchen sink or outside hose bibs should bypass the softener not be softened.
I have a spot in between it and the well pressure tank I think I can hook a hose to and bypass it that way. All the water goes through the softener except for the hose hookups on the outside of the house as far as I can tell.

I'm just fucking lazy and I have a wash tub right next to the tent. And im not quite sure if the water before the softener is much better. I thinks it's pretty high in iron.

Planning on putting an RO filter in pretty soon, just to eliminate the water from being a potential issue.