Are tinctures any good?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Ok, now that I got my dropper bottles and a syringe for better small measuring. The first night's ingestion was about 1/2 ml.
Last night I took 1 ml. and in the name of science I waked and baked with 1/4 ml. Perfect!

One thing that I really like the is stoniness of this without the heavy body effect that I get from all the edibles that are going through the stomach.

I'm going to be smoking less which has been a goal. Trying to crutch out the smoke via vaping had no chance. To me, vaping is like buzz lite. Like skim milk is to whole milk.

The possibilties cooking wise here, are endless. like one dose killler gummies in regulation size.

Other notes from this run and sniffing around the net..

You can use 151 or almost any alcohol if you can't get the high test. They will all strip the plant material but the lower proofs can not be reduced as much due to having more water. You'll need a larger dose with the lower proof.

I used a few sites to come up with the method and be advised that WEEDMAPS article says to put the lid on and then put the jar in the hot water. NYET..........DON'T DO THAT! Lid off, that's the ticket, you want it to evaporate not build pressure, lol. I did notify them, wonder if they will change it.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
After doing some research. In Ontario i can apply to get the ok from the Liquor Store to purchase 94% alcohol spirits.

You have to have it in writing what you intend to do with it...too many people blowing shit up in the past i would imagine. And it is alcohol poisoning in a bottle !
Yet it is perfectly legal for anyone to purchase gasoline, propane, and a multitude of other chemicals that can be used to blow up things. I honestly don't know how people can think that laws/regulations like these help protect anyone.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Cigar smokers buy propylene glycol and mix it with distilled water and then pour that over a piece of florist foam. That's the humidifier and in a humidor it acts just like a Boveda @ 70%. Anyway, my brother ordered some thru the pharmacy and he had to get some type of approval before they'd sell it to him. It by itself is harmless, food grade, and in a lot of common things. But it must have been used for something bad somewhere. He went thru the hoops and ended up getting some. Honestly it's very harmless looking and does regulate his humidor very well.. nuts........but buy as many butane bottles as you want and strap them up......legal.

Go to lowes and buy drain cleaner. They don't have it on the shelf here, but they do have it. I use it for a cast iron cookware bath for stripping. You have to go and get somebody to get it from a locked cabinet.....takes like 15 minutes for them to get their shit together on that. That's a meth problem apparently.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Cigar smokers buy propylene glycol and mix it with distilled water and then pour that over a piece of florist foam. That's the humidifier and in a humidor it acts just like a Boveda @ 70%. Anyway, my brother ordered some thru the pharmacy and he had to get some type of approval before they'd sell it to him. It by itself is harmless, food grade, and in a lot of common things. But it must have been used for something bad somewhere. He went thru the hoops and ended up getting some. Honestly it's very harmless looking and does regulate his humidor very well.. nuts........but buy as many butane bottles as you want and strap them up......legal.

Go to lowes and buy drain cleaner. They don't have it on the shelf here, but they do have it. I use it for a cast iron cookware bath for stripping. You have to go and get somebody to get it from a locked cabinet.....takes like 15 minutes for them to get their shit together on that. That's a meth problem apparently.
Are you in the US? When I vaped nicotine I used to make my own vape juice and had no issue ordering and having a gallon of propylene glycol shipped right to my door.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Yes.
After the 90's cigar boom..........it has steadily become more mainstream, especially when vaping took hold. But then you could only get it at a pharmacy here in NY. Not sure what the deal is now, but it may still be like that. It's a fucked up state. There were multiple issues with dry cleaner contamination and it's also an antifreeze that's a regulated hazardous substance here, and the stiffer regulations were based on that, I believe. That may or may not be the case today.

Take tick control.......I can not buy Permethrin here, however I can hire a landscaper who has taken a course to send some pimple faced kid(who hasn't taken the course) to spray the crap out of my yard. So, I order it on Ebay, no problem.

NY decides you are not smart enough to use it, but an unskilled laborer is, can slather up the whole town, no problem. Sounds like a typical Schumer solution.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yes.
After the 90's cigar boom..........it has steadily become more mainstream, especially when vaping took hold. But then you could only get it at a pharmacy here in NY. Not sure what the deal is now, but it may still be like that. It's a fucked up state. There were multiple issues with dry cleaner contamination and it's also an antifreeze that's a regulated hazardous substance here, and the stiffer regulations were based on that, I believe. That may or may not be the case today.

Take tick control.......I can not buy Permethrin here, however I can hire a landscaper who has taken a course to send some pimple faced kid(who hasn't taken the course) to spray the crap out of my yard. So, I order it on Ebay, no problem.

NY decides you are not smart enough to use it, but an unskilled laborer is, can slather up the whole town, no problem. Sounds like a typical Schumer solution.
MA is the same way. Our AG is a train wreck who has to control everything. She recently sent out cease and desist letters to Phantom Fireworks to stop them from sending their sales flyers to MA residents because she thinks adults who can go to NH to buy fireworks aren't smart enough to understand it's against MA laws to bring them back into the state. She threatens to sue companies all the time for selling shit to us. Most out of state ammo reloading component distributors won't let us by casings or lead bullets because she told them all she will bury them in court fees if they do.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
So...........9 days later and this shit is still bomb. A couple of things to note

1) taking it under the tongue........I was doing it full strength just to prove I have hair on my ass, but fuck that, lol. I can do without the chemical induced scar tissue potential. ;) So, now I mix 1:1 with water, then put that under the tongue and swish it around between cheek and gums. It has a light tingle and when that's done..gulp and done.
2) Tolerance has grown, but I am still dosing 1 ml and 2 ml for a "saturday night" buzz.
3) The buzz is excellent. The buzz is different for each strain. That's big! Mucho avenues to explore and miles to go before I sleep......
4) Weed.......will last forever. Seriously..... a week later and the bulk of getting buzzed during that time frame is based on 1/8 ounce and I only used 25% of the tincture as well as having a homie hit it 4x with me. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!
5) Dial-ability is infinite! You can go anywhere you want with it. Want it stronger......just remove the cap and let it evaporate, lol.
6) Very stealthy.........zero smell!
7) Sleep..............sleeping very well!!!!!!!!!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Ok..................Topanga Wedding and Lizard King tinctures are in the bank. Tinctures seem to be highlighting their differences, buzz-wise. That's pretty cool...........I have a few flavors to rock. Might make a new batch today but I'm not sure which.
ECSD, Bridezilla, Dubstep, Purple Punch, Dynoberry Bites, OBSM, Welchie, Bounty Hunter, Sky Warden, Punch Bubble are on the shelf, hmmmmmmmmmm.

Meanwhile..........the original TopangaW ,batch, hitting daily, plus sharing, plus a couple of big doses, lol. And I've only gone through half the original batch..........= 1/16 oz consumption o_O:p:po_O:cool:

I've never seen that amount of buzz available....... per the weed used, in close to 50 years of partying with this leaf.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I made a tincture tonight from Purple Punch. I reduced this batch down almost 50%........ended up with a one oz bottle. Getting late but I gotta lick the spoon after any cooking, lol. 1/2 ml sampler........blasted and a bit more body buzz. Pretty potent stuff. :)

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
soon as i get the grandkids out of there....grandpa is making some tinctures.

I wrote out the letter and just have to mail it out. :D Thanks @BigBallzWillie I think you may have found the utopia for high tolerance users.
I notice tolerance builds quick, it will help us high tolerance folks but might not be the cure. Made some Dubstep tinc last night.
So far the topanga wedding is the best tincture.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
That makes alot of sense. Im in Colorado alot and have spent so much for nothing, probably should quit trying.
Only time ever got anything was a space cake in Negri Jamaica. Guy sold schroom tea too. Ted's Cakes. Claimed he was a celebrity there because of an article from Higjtimes he showed me. They did a big story on him and his schrooms. Like 89 I think. Pics in it he was holding huge tops standing in monster patches of mushrooms.
So Ted warned us about his "Fuck you up" cakes. Said a guy missed his cruise ship curled up in the fetal position in his driveway.

So I immediately ate 2 and took 1 to go. Buddies split 1/2 of one and took other half to go. About half hour into our 2hr drive back to Montego Bay I laughed like I was 14 getting high for the first time. Went on for 18 fucking hours. Had so much fun and ate so much food. It was awesome.
Buddies nor so much, one freaked out on drive and thought he was dying, stayed in his room for next 2 days, nobody saw him. Other laughed with me for about 3 hours and then literally passed out into a plate full of food. Didnt see it but heard his head hit his plate like he was trying to break it. Out cold. Funniest shit ever, their wives were so mad.
Mrs Browns cafe is the article I remember, her tea and shrooms were supposed to be killer

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I believe in tinctures now. I did math and tried to figure our this and that, and decarbed some keif and used EVOO for the vehicle.

It was OK, but nothing mind-blowing. I put it back in the machine, added 8g more keif, then enough oil to top it off - YAHTZEE!

I now have a tiny dropper bottle with a tiny dropper full of knock-out drops that I fill from the big bottle. it's maybe a half ml and about 30 minutes later you are either ready for bead, or couch-locked for a few if it's not sleepy time.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The problem with oils is they will hit a maximum saturation and there is transfer loss.
Coconut oil is the tastiest...and the max absorption of any fat is clarified butter (ghee...or remove the solids from melted butter and use the clear butter)
Maximum saturation of various oils...that data i have never found.
They can show you which absorbs more but can i put all of the THC from a QP into 1 cup of coconut oil...that saturation needs testing.
But
An alcohol tincture does a 100% strip of THC and CBD from the plant. And the saturation limit would result in measuring drops to make a batch of candy kind of strong. Its a lot easier too.

I just sent off the email to get this started. We can get a kind of everclear up here and i am going after it !

94% neutral spirits...wow i had no idea. You could make hash oil with that but qwiso would be WAY Cheaper.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The problem with oils is they will hit a maximum saturation and there is transfer loss.
Coconut oil is the tastiest...and the max absorption of any fat is clarified butter (ghee...or remove the solids from melted butter and use the clear butter)
They can show you which absorbs more but can i put all of the THC from a QP into 1 cup of coconut oil...that saturation needs testing.
But
An alcohol tincture does a 100% strip of THC and CBD from the plant. And the saturation limit would result in measuring drops to make a batch of candy kind of strong. Its a lot easier too.

I just sent off the email to get this started. We can get a kind of everclear up here and i am going after it !

94% neutral spirits...wow i had no idea. You could make hash oil with that but qwiso would be WAY Cheaper.
From the testing Janelle had done at Ardent, the EVOO and butter had the highest absorption rate of all the oils. The extra virgin stuff has more solids from the first pressing. It's also the cheapest of the bunch.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
But

It does strip 100%, lol. I wonder what the Everclear's saturation level is. The tincture is still plenty alcohol hot after done, make me think about multi-running batches, or mixed batches. I guess re-running would make the buzz more sedative/sleepy.
Possibilities are endless. 1000% dialable!