Are tinctures any good?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You need high-proof alcohol. It has to be 90% or better, and that is 180 proof as used for grain alcohol.
I wasn't talking about using Bacardi for the wash. I meant for after you have your tincture/oil and are thinning it back out. Haven't tried so you may be right.

icebear

I wasn't talking about using Bacardi for the wash. I meant for after you have your tincture/oil and are thinning it back out. Haven't tried so you may be right.
Not boozy enough. You get precipitation and incomplete dissolution.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I know the oil will blend smoothly with honey. I found that out doing a recipe. So I am looking at things to make the tincture more palatable as you adjust the dosage.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The "drop under the tongue" thing is cool once you get it adjusted right. Too strong and it's just sleepy-drops, but you have to get enough kick in it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The trick (I think) would be finding the right emulsifier. Honey might actually be a good additive to the Everclear to take the burn out.

icebear

The trick (I think) would be finding the right emulsifier. Honey might actually be a good additive to the Everclear to take the burn out.
I wonder. The honey/oil mix is a suspension/emulsion stabilized by the honey's great viscosity. Adding alcohol will thin it and drive a separation into layers.

The test for my hypothesis would be to take a bit of honey emulsion and heat it to 200-220 degrees F. It should thin and visibly separate.

I'd explore other thick vehicles, like peanut butter or (and?) milk chocolate.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Battled the COVID mutants @ the liquor store, grabbed some cheap vodka and a 750 of Everclear.Tinctures are on the to do list. I'm attracted to the immediate'ness of the buzz, at least in theory.

Meanwhile, the cheap vodka is working 🍸(y):devilish:

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Meanwhile I'm experimenting with a tincture using Everclear + Coke + Ice

working like a mofo...........ha! Never let the straight everclear hit your lips directly though, trust me on that..........holy shit, that smarts. ;)

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Tonight I made a batch Green Dragon via Master Wu's method with Everclear and Topanga Wedding. Took the dropper under the tongue............fried in 15 minutes. Very excellent buzz! It was very easy to do too, in fact the easiest edible journey to date. Meanwhile I have a couple of large coconut oil jars on the shelf, that won't be seeing as much use anymore. :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Tonight I made a batch Green Dragon via Master Wu's method with Everclear and Topanga Wedding. Took the dropper under the tongue............fried in 15 minutes. Very excellent buzz! It was very easy to do too, in fact the easiest edible journey to date. Meanwhile I have a couple of large coconut oil jars on the shelf, that won't be seeing as much use anymore. :)
That’s awesome!! I am going to try this just need to find some everclear! Thanks!!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
It will work with 151 also. Just add some more weed. Starting from scratch, you can have a buzz in 40 minutes.

When you pour off the alcohol the weed is almost dry. I was trying to wring out the last drops like with oil, but there were none!
Buzz comes on rapidly and was an energetic, giggly, happy ass high. Mellows into just being stoned, but still cerebral more than body. I have a much better buzz on the TopangaWed tincture than smoking the weed. 1/8 oz = 30 blasts..........pretty cheap

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
It will work with 151 also. Just add some more weed. Starting from scratch, you can have a buzz in 40 minutes.

When you pour off the alcohol the weed is almost dry. I was trying to wring out the last drops like with oil, but there were none!
Buzz comes on rapidly and was an energetic, giggly, happy ass high. Mellows into just being stoned, but still cerebral more than body. I have a much better buzz on the TopangaWed tincture than smoking the weed. 1/8 oz = 30 blasts..........pretty cheap
Thanks you wow that sounds awesome! I need something for work too hehe! Did you get those brown vials? And how many drops are you using?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
The brown vials were supposed to be here today, but it's tomorrow now. I believe those droppers hold 1 ml each and that's what I tried to do....was close to that anyway. I made a 2nd batch while I had the all stuff out. No mess either, quick water rinse and done. Stainless tea strainer was handy and worked very well.

That said one dropper full gets you there, two and you'd be wasted or you could go somewhere in the middle of that....it's adjustable :)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
After doing some research. In Ontario i can apply to get the ok from the Liquor Store to purchase 94% alcohol spirits.

You have to have it in writing what you intend to do with it...too many people blowing shit up in the past i would imagine. And it is alcohol poisoning in a bottle !

But i can explain i am making a tincture that does not involve heat (soak and filter and under the tongue).

I bet you can put a lot of decarbbed buds in a tincture. I am going to get that letter going later today for sure.

So you can get 188 proof here its just not on the shelf for regular consumption (some stores stock it).

I guess if you can get grape jello by the kilo (2.2 pound bags of it)....man i am not the only person making edbles thats for sure.

in bulk its cheaper. 4.4 pounds of grape jello cost 15 CDN to the door (and i got a cherry). 3 oz per package so its about 55% of the cost in boxes. :D

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Woke up feeling great maybe just a tinge of stone left. I'm a fan.

I was hesitant to do the decarb for 5 minutes @325..........but that worked!