Are tinctures any good?

GCG

Dinosaur
Circumstance has forced me to depend on dispensaries for a while. Just bought a tincture to play with. Dont know much about them.
I have had multiple $100's of edibles and never had any effect from any of them. Wondering if tinctures are different. Better taken sublingual or ingested? Going to go with both tonight and see what happens. Not expecting much.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Circumstance has forced me to depend on dispensaries for a while. Just bought a tincture to play with. Dont know much about them.
I have had multiple $100's of edibles and never had any effect from any of them. Wondering if tinctures are different. Better taken sublingual or ingested? Going to go with both tonight and see what happens. Not expecting much.
Well that sucks. Did you git rid of everything? If you did i guess better safe than sorry. If the shit hit the fan i sure you could have probably gotten off but it would cost thousands. @Jesselikes2Grow and @gwheels are both big edible guys i am sure they can help.

Jredda

tinctures depend on how they are made and how strong they are. go sublingual with it, it will work faster and hit harder. anything sublingual is gonna go straight to the blood stream and skip your stomach and all the filters(kidneys, liver etc).

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
If you can’t get high off edibles you aren’t alone. There is an enzyme in your stomach that actually converts delta-9-thc into 11-hydroxy-thc which is more potent and and can be absorbed internally. But some people lack that enzyme and they can’t get high off edibles.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
As stated below, yep, it depends on how it was made. Any tincture I've bought at a dispo was not very strong to me at all, but like @gwheels my edible tolerance is super friggin high. I've made my own before, pretty easy, and make it strong as you want. Make it strong like bull to kill horse. Lol.
It's just hash oil dissolved in everclear or other suspension additive.

Last batch I made was a qp of larf and trim reduced down to a 2 oz bottleled tincture using everclear. Was a small dropper full to be whoop'd de doo.

Yep, just like that. Lol.
Yea you can use ever clear or fractionated coconut oil or multiple other bases. I prefer the coconut oil just for taste.

GCG

Dinosaur
If you can’t get high off edibles you aren’t alone. There is an enzyme in your stomach that actually converts delta-9-thc into 11-hydroxy-thc which is more potent and and can be absorbed internally. But some people lack that enzyme and they can’t get high off edibles.
That makes alot of sense. Im in Colorado alot and have spent so much for nothing, probably should quit trying.
Only time ever got anything was a space cake in Negri Jamaica. Guy sold schroom tea too. Ted's Cakes. Claimed he was a celebrity there because of an article from Higjtimes he showed me. They did a big story on him and his schrooms. Like 89 I think. Pics in it he was holding huge tops standing in monster patches of mushrooms.
So Ted warned us about his "Fuck you up" cakes. Said a guy missed his cruise ship curled up in the fetal position in his driveway.

So I immediately ate 2 and took 1 to go. Buddies split 1/2 of one and took other half to go. About half hour into our 2hr drive back to Montego Bay I laughed like I was 14 getting high for the first time. Went on for 18 fucking hours. Had so much fun and ate so much food. It was awesome.
Buddies nor so much, one freaked out on drive and thought he was dying, stayed in his room for next 2 days, nobody saw him. Other laughed with me for about 3 hours and then literally passed out into a plate full of food. Didnt see it but heard his head hit his plate like he was trying to break it. Out cold. Funniest shit ever, their wives were so mad.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
That makes alot of sense. Im in Colorado alot and have spent so much for nothing, probably should quit trying.
Only time ever got anything was a space cake in Negri Jamaica. Guy sold schroom tea too. Ted's Cakes. Claimed he was a celebrity there because of an article from Higjtimes he showed me. They did a big story on him and his schrooms. Like 89 I think. Pics in it he was holding huge tops standing in monster patches of mushrooms.
So Ted warned us about his "Fuck you up" cakes. Said a guy missed his cruise ship curled up in the fetal position in his driveway.

So I immediately ate 2 and took 1 to go. Buddies split 1/2 of one and took other half to go. About half hour into our 2hr drive back to Montego Bay I laughed like I was 14 getting high for the first time. Went on for 18 fucking hours. Had so much fun and ate so much food. It was awesome.
Buddies nor so much, one freaked out on drive and thought he was dying, stayed in his room for next 2 days, nobody saw him. Other laughed with me for about 3 hours and then literally passed out into a plate full of food. Didnt see it but heard his head hit his plate like he was trying to break it. Out cold. Funniest shit ever, their wives were so mad.
That’s hilarious. Yea I’ve got a few stories about eating insane amounts. It’s a a different beast for sure.
Another reason you might be striking out if it isn’t the enzyme thing, is if you’re trying with edibles from a rec dispensary. They can only sell you 100mg max per candy bar or drink or whatever it is you’re into. And that’s never gonna be enough for someone with a tolerance. At least in Colorado it’s 100mg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The difference (for me) between hash oil and a tincture is how long you let it evaporate. If you make a homemade tincture it will not get you high unless something is decarbed first. Decarbing the flower, keif, trim, whatever is necessary.

With the Ardent Nova and the silicone sleeve you can decarb oil and concentrates afterwards as well. But the everclear-wash alone doesn't convert the THC.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
tinctures depend on how they are made and how strong they are. go sublingual with it, it will work faster and hit harder. anything sublingual is gonna go straight to the blood stream and skip your stomach and all the filters(kidneys, liver etc).
You will have faster uptake but you will still experience microsomal hydroxylation and oxidation via the liver enzyme cytochrome P450. Interestingly more than 1/2 of delta 9 THC is excreted via feces. Essentially mode of administration alters uptake but not metabolism of the base drug.

GCG

Dinosaur
Dispensary stuff. Says all natural cannabis tincture thc 300mg. 10 per ml. Claims some sort of encapsulated technology for maximum cannabinoid permeability. Girl told me to expect Orange listerine. She was dead on. Nasty gimmicky swill. Or least not for me.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The only tincture I have made will put you down for a minute. Decarbed keif, then infused it into olive oil. I got the good stuff, and you mainly taste the olive oil.

If you use trim/bud you'll get more "weed" flavors that might be good or bad, but I smoke flowers. I can't see pressing them or dunking them :)

You also lose more THC content with oil (which there's no way to measure for dosing) from whatever stayed with the flower. You lose nothing with keif.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
The only tincture I have made will put you down for a minute. Decarbed keif, then infused it into olive oil. I got the good stuff, and you mainly taste the olive oil.

If you use trim/bud you'll get more "weed" flavors that might be good or bad, but I smoke flowers. I can't see pressing them or dunking them :)

You also lose more THC content with oil (which there's no way to measure for dosing) from whatever stayed with the flower. You lose nothing with keif.
Hmmm 🤔
I’ll have to try that for edibles tho. I usually use flower/larf/trim for edibles and it ALWAYS tastes like shit lol.

Jredda

You will have faster uptake but you will still experience microsomal hydroxylation and oxidation via the liver enzyme cytochrome P450. Interestingly more than 1/2 of delta 9 THC is excreted via feces. Essentially mode of administration alters uptake but not metabolism of the base drug.
jeeeeez what a mouthful. Fuckin Bill Nye over here lol jk thanks for the knowledge drop.