Anyone willing to talk about growing mushrooms?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
IMG_20230413_102016.jpgIMG_20230414_043745.jpgIMG_20230414_043826.jpg

These are your typical Midwestern, Southern Illinois Morels... I no they grow all over the US, but they are just starting to pop here.. Need more rain tho..
They usually start beginning of April threw the first couple weeks of May..
Only walkd bout hour to find 15... Not a huge haul, just wanted enough for myself.
After It rains again in couple days IL go again... Love being outdoors in nature, thought I'd share 👍✌

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 127211View attachment 127212View attachment 127213

These are your typical Midwestern, Southern Illinois Morels... I no they grow all over the US, but they are just starting to pop here.. Need more rain tho..
They usually start beginning of April threw the first couple weeks of May..
Only walkd bout hour to find 15... Not a huge haul, just wanted enough for myself.
After It rains again in couple days IL go again... Love being outdoors in nature, thought I'd share 👍✌
I've been hoping to see some on my morning trail walks but I think it has been way too dry here for them to grow.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I've been hoping to see some on my morning trail walks but I think it has been way too dry here for them to grow.
Ya I love to hunt em as much as I do to eat them little bastards.. lol
Gets me out in wilderness away from people, and if I can feed myself too, it's a double bonus imo..
But ya same here, we need more rain. It's in forecast tho in next couple days.
Around here at least, they love to grow next to old dead elms, and also by ash trees..
Hopefully u will get meal one of these days, Thx

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The black morels come up first here then the blonde like yours even though it snowed again this morning the snow is finally realeasing its grip here MOFO it's been a long winter...I love hunting them
I put 10 out a week ago need to go take a look at em . They are a real pain to get to . They say rain soon! Me i am ready ,for a big mess of shrooms.

Last edited:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I put 10 out a week ago need to go take a look at em . They are a real pain to get to . They say rain soon! Me i am ready ,for a big mess of shrooms.
We received more snow this morning spring has decided to be a month or two late I hope they still pop in numbers in the past late spring has squelched their numbers...

D

Deleted member 2835

So you guys knew how I had a bunch of grain bags? Well every last one of them failed due to contamination. Guess I should have known better than to trust a random internet source. I'm not shying away from rye berries I just now know to soak and simmer them just like I did with my wild bird seed jars

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
So you guys knew how I had a bunch of grain bags? Well every last one of them failed due to contamination. Guess I should have known better than to trust a random internet source. I'm not shying away from rye berries I just now know to soak and simmer them just like I did with my wild bird seed jars
That sucks! My 4 shoeboxes of PE stalled out on me. I put them into fruiting conditions a month ago and they never fruited. As a last ditch effort I cased them again yesterday to see if that helps. The last casing layer was fully colonized and then the mycelium just started bruising in spots.

oldgwheels

If you are going to start growing boomers...

Penis Envy and Yeti are probably not where to start.

They are excessivly strong. Last year i ate a half pound of em.

I gleaned all knowledge...saw my ancestors on many occasions...talked to them. Got that shit all sorted...

Now. I have about an oz in a jar i just laugh at. the desire will wane in time. I have zero desire for the gut rot.

but a QP of yeti for a price so stupid...i would not grow em...

Yeti are most majestic. A pheno of golden teacher... music focused. 1000 dancing good and plenty with the bass beat just right.

Last year I also got 2 tabs of very good acid....had not done it in decades.

Acid is the super duper clean boomer....omg so much better except for the 10 hour duration.

My wife....well she is a saint. she comes home to a slot machine of who knows...but i always make a great dinner.

Retired 4 years now :D

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

I gleaned all knowledge...saw my ancestors on many occasions...talked to them. Got that shit all sorted...

Now. I have about an oz in a jar i just laugh at. the desire will wane in time.

Yeti are most majestic. A pheno of golden teacher... music focused. 1000 dancing good and plenty with the bass beat just right.
I started with Golden Teachers and B+ but wanted to try growing PE for the fun of it.

D

Deleted member 2835

Now. I have about an oz in a jar i just laugh at. the desire will wane in time. I have zero desire for the gut rot.

Last year I also got 2 tabs of very good acid....had not done it in decades.

Acid is the super duper clean boomer....omg so much better except for the 10 hour duration.

My wife....well she is a saint. she comes home to a slot machine of who knows...but i always make a great dinner.

Retired 4 years now :D
You should try some enigma It's the most potent cubensis by quite a large margin. It's hard to grow though because it takes forever for them to mature