Anyone willing to talk about growing mushrooms?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2835

So tempting... I may take the leap. Spoke with the wife and she said yes. We want to do mushrooms to cook and eat and the trippy ones. I'm not sure I'm ready for all the work lol.
Watching you and @TreeFarmerCharlie grow has been cool thanks for all the awesome mushroom stuff guys! :cool:
So tempting... I may take the leap. Spoke with the wife and she said yes. We want to do mushrooms to cook and eat and the trippy ones. I'm not sure I'm ready for all the work lol.
Watching you and @TreeFarmerCharlie grow has been cool thanks for all the awesome mushroom stuff guys! :cool:
The work isn't so bad but it comes in waves some days I'm chasing my tail off...most of the time though I'm just a casual observer.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm abandoning jars now as well. Spawn bags from here on out using rye berries instead of wild bird seed. Just a lot easier for me to deal with instead of having to wash the bird seed 10 times. Just a soak and simmer is all I need for rye berries.
I haven’t tried anything but brown rice yet. It seems to work pretty well for me, so far. From what I understand, the biggest issue with brown rice is that it’s easy to over cook, and that makes wet rot easier to take hold.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I haven’t tried anything but brown rice yet. It seems to work pretty well for me, so far. From what I understand, the biggest issue with brown rice is that it’s easy to over cook, and that makes wet rot easier to take hold.
is there a good work around, or press off water to field capasity?

D

Deleted member 2835

With WBs you want to simmer it until the grains just starts to crack open.