Any of you guys here hunt?

Baron

Really Active Member
As far as poachers are concerned, they all need to go to jail, fines are not enough punishment. I come from a law enforcement family, my dad was osi, my uncle is retired popo in Ottawa Kansas, my cousin in wichita, my brother in-law was a deputy until he was hit by an ied in the green zone and suffered a tbi, my nephew is detective here locally. I guess that makes me the black sheep of the family. I say that because I don’t want anyone to think that I’m a snitch, but if I catch you poaching I will call our game warden, who just happens to be my first cousins son. Real hunters are the true environmentalist, we have always been good stewards of the land and our license and fees are what has paid for the repopulation of the wild life after their numbers were decimated in the early 20th century. Just my 2 cents worth.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
All honesty, why would someone need a high powered rifle to deer hunt with? It's very rare they fight back. lol
Single shot shotgun or a good compound bow is all you need after you have mastered the art of "woodland invisibility".
That is their neighborhood and they definitely know you're there.
You just know there'll be some big mouth "chipmunk" surely will sound the alarm nuts that you're there. lol
I’ve killed several with a giant vehicle with the lights on and the horn blaring. I snuck up on them 🙄

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Ya poachers should pay. Leave them a note on their stand saying the warden is coming.
Leave a note saying You set up trail cam and have all their faces. MFs be a squirming then , I got no time for poachers especially hunting close to Town or houses, good way to see a kid or someone eat a round . LikeHAF said You don't even report em just the threat will drive them to a new spot knowing their stand has been found .
View attachment 42107

Heres Gwheels headed out to go bag a deer. Its gonna rock him alright :LOL:
Either that Guy is a Hobbit or that is one big smokewagon.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
My favorite related person recently invited me to go hunting for bear with a recurve and no dogs, kinda thought they was nuts. Only didnt go because of a months long emergency.
I dont think a tag has ever been filled but the stories are cool 😀

Punisher84

Just some asshole
My favorite related person recently invited me to go hunting for bear with a recurve and no dogs, kinda thought they was nuts. Only didnt go because of a months long emergency.
I dont think a tag has ever been filled but the stories are cool 😀
Local cop friend has harvested many bear with a bow, he goes every year. He obviously brings a firearm but I still think he is nuts. Think he goes to Maine, could be wrong though.

Baron

Really Active Member
@Heisenbeans . Hey big man how is or was your hunt ? Any trophies worth mounting or maybe just filling up the freezer. My nephew took a doe by my pond this morning, made me think of you. Just curious how things went, as we say around here “ KILL-A-BIG-N “ !

Baron

Really Active Member
I agree with Punisher, its a cat. No claws in track, canine claws are not retractable. Not a very big cat. I would guess a large house cat or maybe a small bobcat or lynx, according to where you are.

Baron

Really Active Member
Thanks, he’s a little over 17 1/2, you nailed it pretty much.
That’s 50 years of hunting, he almost had a lobster claw on his right beam. I took one in the early 2000’s that was so similar to yours,they could have been brothers. He’s a beautiful buck!

Opie1

Master Grower
That’s 50 years of hunting, he almost had a lobster claw on his right beam. I took one in the early 2000’s that was so similar to yours,they could have been brothers. He’s a beautiful buck!
Actually that point had been broken off. My second biggest buck had double drop tines, the year I took him, but when the season opened he had broken both of them off.