Alternative medicine, vitamins, and supplements

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Wow, this has got derailed. So, I'll just add to it. 93' I was stationed in Roosevelt Roads Puerto Rico... my first deployment. My hob as a newbie was to drive a bus for my squadron. I would run from to barracks, to the hangar with stops at the base Exchange and Commisary. Side trips were to the bars! Well I'd pick my buddies up and go "rodeoing" which is sitting on top of the bus seats on the far back and I would drive as fast as a school bus could on these dirt roads on base. Hit a pothole and see who would hit the ceiling. Stupid shit. But, it was fun when you're 19. Picking up a bus load of drunk Brits is a whole other story!
Some of the best stories I’ve got are with units from other countries. People think the military isn’t fun 😂

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
My folks and their close friends are about 10 years apart and they are approaching 94 now. Took amazing care of themselves sold NeoLife vitamins back in the day so I have learned from them on top of staying current. They fasted all the time and no drinking. Body types never changed

There are certain things that can't overcome entropy mainly joints and bones. Regardless he played tennis through 5 hip replacements and still is active playing table tennis now.

Another close friend of mine whose wife's dad is a retired Dr was paralyzed on one side of his body almost 50 years always walked with a cane. He recently started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid and regained motion on his paralyzed side. ALA is a super anti oxidant and helps metabolize fatty liver (THC gets stored in there) and stabilize insulin levels.

The following are what I go through in about 7 months. I don't believe in taking vitamins everyday but focusing on a balanced diet and supplements for covering gaps in uptake/load/energy in food when I can't prepare meals consistently. Analogous to calmag deficiency in coco and lock out. Other things such as special diets and or diabetes make it harder to get these foods in rotation.

Vitamins definitely fall into some are better than others and strength isn't always king. I find liquid vitamins are easier to process and some multivitamins can make things a lot easier.

Plain Psyllium husk key for me as I have diverticulitis and this helps prevent pallups. This works better than probiotics for me but nonetheless they have their place. Detox with charcoal good for people on prescriptions but need to be careful cause it can reduce their effects and cause issues with depression meds. Other notables are bromelian (pineapple) and papaya enzymes for digestion of meats and carbohydrates

Choline and Inositol helps memory and slowing graying.
Gingko biloba helps with memory and preventing altitude sickness.

Blood circulation/pressure energy boost: Arginine, (L-Carnitine/COQ10) work synergistically, Hawthorne berry, grapeseed sunflower lecithin not derived from soy

B's Fatigue to fantastic is my go to multi vitamin powder. Its something that need to be separated into two and one part sealed and maybe frozen otherwise turns into a brick. Back up is wellness formula

Great minerals https://www.eidon.com/ Magnesium is very important for bone growth recovery and K as well helping sleep

DMSO: Always think of the Dead Kennedys...but this is the most absorbent thing on the planet and reduces inflammation including bruising a little goes a long way. I've had really good results with it and it also breaks up cholesterol but be extremely careful ingesting it and prefer to work it in over arteries in the neck or over your chest.

Last edited:

Now1more

Super Active Member
Ok, so I've been into this stuff for 30 years. Here's what I have to offer now. Chlorine dioxide. Check it out. Bad press because it works! Clearing up my Athlete's Foot from bootcamp (30 years ago), my gray hair is reversing, and digestion is better. Humic/Fulvic Acid. Incredible stuff, not just for our plants, but for us as well. Last, but not least, Zeolite. Read up on this one. I don't use it often, this shit kicks my ass! You need to load up on minerals if you take this. The detox is very heavy!!!

D

Deleted member 60

PLease keep the topic focused on alternative vitamins and supplements, (and weed). It's too fucking early to ride herd on stupid.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I live on sausage, eggs, and orange juice. About 3 pots of coffee a day to keep plenty of liquid through me, to flush me out.It's an everyday habit. Pork products are my weakness. Nothin' better than a good "greasy" pc of pork. lol
I eat my share of cheese too. When you get my age, it's about the quality of life you have left.
The environment is catching up with everyone now. Have you noticed the decline in the amount of vitamins in our food now? Where did it go?
i has been bred out of most plants thanks to big ag. companies!tomatoes taste nothing like they did in the early 60s some studies say they have lost over half the minerles and vitamins!

Dalton

Nobody
My mother has had Multiple Sclerosis for 29 years now, Every Doctor and Expert has no idea how she is walking, seeing, or even breathing. The Legions( brain mush) has overcome almost 70% of her brain tissue. Yet she is on ZERO pharmaceutical medication. Only the past 6 years consuming and smoking cannabis. If you meet her you would have no clue, She has an small petting zoo now where she rescues animals, Horses, rams, foul and more. She is a high functioning active and still amazes me that every doctor said she should have died years ago...

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
It's because of a chemical they used in "Round Up". It is even in our bodies now. It poisoned the soil and us.
Everyone should see this.
Been doing a deep dive on vitamin B1 deficiency and the foods that deplete it. Besides taking B1 its important to take co factors such as glutathione and choline and inositol.

thiamine is fortified in grains per usda regulations.
The author of the 20 year study linking B1 deficiency and autism is retired however he recently took questions in the comment section which are very informative and linked his published paper

https://www.hormonesmatter.com/high-folate-vitamin-b12-low-thiamine-autism/
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/aurt/2011/129795/

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I live on sausage, eggs, and orange juice. About 3 pots of coffee a day to keep plenty of liquid through me, to flush me out.It's an everyday habit. Pork products are my weakness. Nothin' better than a good "greasy" pc of pork. lol
I eat my share of cheese too. When you get my age, it's about the quality of life you have left.
The environment is catching up with everyone now. Have you noticed the decline in the amount of vitamins in our food now? Where did it go?
vitamins for all vegs have been on the decline for years,is it because of plant genetics from seed companys,or what we use for fertz. to feed plants?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
vitamins for all vegs have been on the decline for years,is it because of plant genetics from seed companys,or what we use for fertz. to feed plants?
Salts are depleting the soil. You can only add NKP liquids for so long without compost and worms before the soil is shit. Dust-bowl stuff.

Also the nutrient density inside an organically grown veggie is tenfold what you find in the grocery store. And I trust the "organic" label at the store the same as do on nutes...

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Salts are depleting the soil. You can only add NKP liquids for so long without compost and worms before the soil is shit. Dust-bowl stuff.

Also the nutrient density inside an organically grown veggie is tenfold what you find in the grocery store. And I trust the "organic" label at the store the same as do on nutes...

@H.A.F i have to agree ,i always used whatever i could lay my hands on outdoors,be it rotting log ,rabbit,deer or steer.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F i have to agree ,i always used whatever i could lay my hands on outdoors,be it rotting log ,rabbit,deer or steer.
I am much healthier in the summer. I can walk through my property and get a pretty decent berry, fruit, or veg snack. It's probably August before a lot of stuff starts making it indoors from the garden. All the early stuff I eat on the spot.

Romeo Scragg

Quite a thread. I just finished one of my favorite things in life, a wake n bake 2 mile run with my dogs (and some ghost train Haze) before sunrise and thought I'd check to see if we had a health and fitness section. I guess this is it?
I have a thing or 2 to add on this topic. But I'll be brief this morning then it's off to solitary confinement trim jail.😥
I spent many years as my parents primary caregiver as they paid a terrible price for their lifestyle choices. During that time I dealt with my own autoimmune disease. After a decade of intense study I developed a comprehensive health plan that cured me and I believe could decimate the health care industry in 7 words.
DRINK WATER. EAT REAL FOOD. MOVE. SLEEP.
😉 You're welcome

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Quite a thread. I just finished one of my favorite things in life, a wake n bake 2 mile run with my dogs (and some ghost train Haze) before sunrise and thought I'd check to see if we had a health and fitness section. I guess this is it?
I have a thing or 2 to add on this topic. But I'll be brief this morning then it's off to solitary confinement trim jail.😥
I spent many years as my parents primary caregiver as they paid a terrible price for their lifestyle choices. During that time I dealt with my own autoimmune disease. After a decade of intense study I developed a comprehensive health plan that cured me and I believe could decimate the health care industry in 7 words.
DRINK WATER. EAT REAL FOOD. MOVE. SLEEP.
😉 You're welcome
It’s amazing what getting a regular full nights sleep and taking a daily walk can do for a person both physically and mentally.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
the breeders took it out tryin for perfect round packagable ,tomato