A SIMPLE COMPARSON FROM ONE LITTLE ALTERATION

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yes; the type of diodes being used. Horticultural grade diodes have specific wavelengths in them that won't be used for general purpose lights and they have an IP rating that is more suitable for higher dust and higher humidity environments.
I think the other concept is that the horticultural ones are designed for extended continuous use. But there are regular "not scary for grandma" light bulbs that are being marketed as grow lights in the hardware store.

Probably great for seed germ and clones, but once you get into rigging enough wattage for a decent grow you're talking lots of table lamps and wires dangling from the tent ceiling 😂

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yeah...but can you control them from your phone? :ROFLMAO:
Of course you can! lol
If you got "Nura link", you can just "think" the lights on. lol

There are very few diodes strictly for horticulture.
Example, Samsung 301B diodes are not horticultural diodes, but this is the best diodes out there.
They make the 301H, which has a sulphur(?) coating added is the only difference between the two.

They're all just diodes, quality in materials and bin numbers are what is important.
Diodes are usually fine, it's the "drivers" that go bad.

Vee

Ancient Member
1 Sylvania 8 1/2 watt 800 lumens 2700K screw in led .
View attachment 133099View attachment 133100View attachment 133101
View attachment 133102
6" from rim of light reflector. Almost 100 par different.

5"
View attachment 133104
4"
View attachment 133106
3"
View attachment 133107
Add almost 2" inside to led face.
668 PAR
Warm White PAR 2700K
5" from surface with no reflective properties.
You can build a light pretty easy, that will produce high quality flower.
I forgot the par with bulb cover. 250's to 660's
Thought I would share an example of how these companies use the Whistle and bell technique on growers. lol
From my light maker (Migrow) comes a vid that blew me away, this Irish guy measures all the latest lights, he sold me I now got 3 Migrow 4 arrays

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
From my light maker (Migrow) comes a vid that blew me away, this Irish guy measures all the latest lights, he sold me I now got 3 Migrow 4 arrays
Yea, Shane is good. I like how the arrays are with a wider heatsinks and the wide diode pattern.
I built a set of lights similar to his arrays out of 6" wide heatsinks.

Streetpro09

Tester
these make good money these days...to collectors, as for the first apple pc anything goes, what would you pay for a first version I-phone

Random rant: what is it with people collecting useless stuff!! Like what's the goal? A house/apartment full of stuff that you can't use? What are you gonna do, sit on the couch and look at all the useless stuff? What an exciting life!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random rant: what is it with people collecting useless stuff!! Like what's the goal? A house/apartment full of stuff that you can't use? What are you gonna do, sit on the couch and look at all the useless stuff? What an exciting life!!
Hoping someday someone will want to pay big bucks for their useless stuff.
Did anyone ever sell a baseball card for what those magazines said they were worth?
Or even the collectable coins with intrensic value - as a nickel or whatever, that are saved becuse they are rare and may someday be wort 12 cents! :ROFLMAO:

It probably boils down to people having a personal interest in something and using the potential windfall as their excuse to obsess over their hobby collecting whatever the bullshit is. :)

Streetpro09

Tester
Hoping someday someone will want to pay big bucks for their useless stuff.
Did anyone ever sell a baseball card for what those magazines said they were worth?
Or even the collectable coins with intrensic value - as a nickel or whatever, that are saved becuse they are rare and may someday be wort 12 cents! :ROFLMAO:

It probably boils down to people having a personal interest in something and using the potential windfall as their excuse to obsess over their hobby collecting whatever the bullshit is. :)

That's exactly what it is. After my dad's parents passed they had to go thu everything. All kinds of collectables. Glass, beanie babies, "toy" ships just to name a few. Only a handful got decent money. They had garage sale after garage sale but the rest was basically given away. Seemed to be way more work cleaning up their estate, not the house/property just the stuff in the house/garage/shed, than it was really worth. Could've just gotten a dumpster but what a shame/waist that would be plus kinda like a stab in the back to grandma n grandpa. Their intentions where good collecting the stuff but you know what they say about good intentions.....

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
these make good money these days...to collectors, as for the first apple pc anything goes, what would you pay for a first version I-phone
worth nothing to me , not a collector of such, but i like things like a tooth setter for a cross cut saw! I have great grandads ox yoke, amoung a few other odds and ends.on top of that i started buying tools when i was14/15 lot of things i still have some 55 odd years later ,bonney, cornwell,bluegrass to name a few ,and still use the today, don't help with the garden but they work great on the 70 chevy should have it running again, by spring!

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That's exactly what it is. After my dad's parents passed they had to go thu everything. All kinds of collectables. Glass, beanie babies, "toy" ships just to name a few. Only a handful got decent money. They had garage sale after garage sale but the rest was basically given away. Seemed to be way more work cleaning up their estate, not the house/property just the stuff in the house/garage/shed, than it was really worth. Could've just gotten a dumpster but what a shame/waist that would be plus kinda like a stab in the back to grandma n grandpa. Their intentions where good collecting the stuff but you know what they say about good intentions.....
thing to watch for is uncles/family members with bad intensions !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Their intentions where good collecting the stuff but you know what they say about good intentions.....
When I die I hate to think what will happen to my seed collection since few know the value of the genetics I have collected. Hopefully the fact that they were stored special in a fridge will make them look it up. They are just seeds but I paid for the genetics behind them, and the effort of the breeder that made them, etc.

Precious metals and or gems.
Property.

Everything else is disposable. Even currency.

Streetpro09

Tester
When I die I hate to think what will happen to my seed collection since few know the value of the genetics I have collected. Hopefully the fact that they were stored special in a fridge will make them look it up. They are just seeds but I paid for the genetics behind them, and the effort of the breeder that made them, etc.

Precious metals and or gems.
Property.

Everything else is disposable. Even currency.
Truth again!! As for your seeds. Maybe put a note inside the bag kinda explaining their story and maybe a recipient if possible. Otherwise your family will need to know a grower/breeder to get them in the hands of someone who could use them.