A SIMPLE COMPARSON FROM ONE LITTLE ALTERATION

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
1 Sylvania 8 1/2 watt 800 lumens 2700K screw in led .
1702167487795.png1702167526912.png1702167591227.png
1702167634815.png
6" from rim of light reflector. Almost 100 par different.

5"
1702168258622.png
4"
1702168328723.png
3"
1702168376821.png
Add almost 2" inside to led face.
668 PAR
Warm White PAR 2700K
5" from surface with no reflective properties.
You can build a light pretty easy, that will produce high quality flower.
I forgot the par with bulb cover. 250's to 660's
Thought I would share an example of how these companies use the Whistle and bell technique on growers. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
1 Sylvania 8 1/2 watt 800 lumens 2700K screw in led .
View attachment 133099View attachment 133100View attachment 133101
View attachment 133102
6" from rim of light reflector. Almost 100 par different.

5"
View attachment 133104
4"
View attachment 133106
3"
View attachment 133107
Add almost 2" inside to led face.
668 PAR
Warm White PAR 2700K
5" from surface with no reflective properties.
You can build a light pretty easy, that will produce high quality flower.
I forgot the par with bulb cover. 250's to 660's
Thought I would share an example of how these companies use the Whistle and bell technique on growers. lol
And you didn't even rig any aluminum foil parabolic reflectors! :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
See that 291 par difference between 377 and 668, I think I skipped a measure.
I'm still celebrating this rec law that passed.😒👁👀
My very first bagseed grow with a "real weed light" (aka "blurple") was in an unventillated closet with a tower-type floor fan, and i made PVC stands to have supplemental stadium lighting with the curly CFL bulbs. Each stand had a "Y" that held two 100w. There were 4 around the plant.

It grew weed.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
My very first bagseed grow with a "real weed light" (aka "blurple") was in an unventillated closet with a tower-type floor fan, and i made PVC stands to have supplemental stadium lighting with the curly CFL bulbs. Each stand had a "Y" that held two 100w. There were 4 around the plant.

It grew weed.
What I demonstrated was only 8.5 watts on 6 to 8" diameter area 5 to 6"
One of you smart math guys figure total efficacy of that bulb.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What I demonstrated was only 8.5 watts on 6 to 8" diameter area 5 to 6"
One of you smart math guys figure total efficacy of that bulb.
I just meant that you can grow weed with pretty much anything. I have nice grow lights designed for weed, and I have them dialed back to 80%, sometimes 60%. Not hard to move up to that level with cheaper equipment.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What Ohio is gonna find out is that little Johnny can grow weed in his closet with shit he finds around the house. It ain't rocket surgery like some make it out to be.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yep!
Commercial technology for business, public lighting or the average homeowner has caught up with hps and mh quality in recent years.
Amazing how many photons come out of 15 tiny diodes. lol
Those first flat bar canopy lights, were made with cool whites and warm white diodes with a Fader adjustment,
to dial your desired spectrum,
while we were blasting those COB's, growing 6ft plants, not worried about an even canopy.
It seems we were getting more weight, just wasn't as efficient as the small diodes.
I run COB's right along with strips.
You could drop 1 of these 8 1/2 watt bulbs in each corner of the tent and raise photons in dead places. (lower PAR)

D

Deleted member 60

Commercial technology for business, public lighting or the average homeowner has caught up with hps and mh quality in recent years.
Amazing how many photons come out of 15 tiny diodes. lol
I've noticed that some businesses have swapped out their outdoor fixtures from HID to LED....but has anyone seen any widespread push to replace streetlights/etc.?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I've noticed that some businesses have swapped out their outdoor fixtures from HID to LED....but has anyone seen any widespread push to replace streetlights/etc.?
I'm sure the up front cost would be high but it would make sense to do it. I hired a friend who's an electrician to run a wire out to our horse turnout and install an outdoor light so my wife can let the horses out when it's still dark in the mornings. He suggested a commercial grade 40W LED Outdoor floodlight he has used a lot for businesses and I didn't think it would be enough. It's mounted about 15' up on a pole and I almost shit when I saw how much it lit up that outside area. The one issue with LED lights, though, is I'm pretty sure they are more easily damaged from power surges than HPS or HID.

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
They are replacing street lights as they burn out with led in some cities about an hour from me.

Most of the leds are blurple by defect. Kind of funny first time I saw it. Hadn't been to there at night for a while and some of the streets were lit like a cheap grow. Lol.

One of the cities put out a statement saying they got bad lights, they weren't supposed to be blurple. And they weren't on install, but some how the Diodes changed by themselves..? I think they were just doing a cya (cover your ass) on not reading the specs and were only looking at cheapest price. They are slowly being replaced with the correct lights. Total mess with hints of fuckery.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
In commercial now, there are not many bulbs.........all led. All those old hps's lighting up the parking lots are going bye-bye. Lighting fixtures are good for 30 years, then need to be replaced. Changing those light bulbs in the parking lot was good coin for electricians....typically larger outfits that had the appropriate truck.

before
1702224084359.png

after

1702224126141.png

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Heres another example of what modification you are referring bout..
Its a 60 watt 5000k led shop light.
For what it is, its the perfect light for 1 plant flower.
Used it to veg the whole 2x2 no problem.

Even if its against the norm, ive flowerd a couple plants using it being a more veg toned spectrum no problem...
Not bad imo for 10 bux from wallys world..
Also can adjust the 4 blades to whatever angle u want..
IMG_20231212_090120500.jpg
IMG_20231212_090024807.jpg
✌

D

Deleted member 60

See...there's a great example of how we get ass fucked by our association to cannabis. There are approximately as many diodes on that lamp right there as on the Atreum 1000's.... yet the bud growin light is $149 while this light is $10. Am I missing something huge that justifies such a wide disparity in cost?

are ya feeling it come up inside ya yet...LOL? Eeeeeeewwwwwww........

D

Deleted member 60

Yes; the type of diodes being used. Horticultural grade diodes have specific wavelengths in them that won't be used for general purpose lights and they have an IP rating that is more suitable for higher dust and higher humidity environments.
Yeah...probably costs em 2 cents apeice for eh "horticultural grade" diode vs. 1/2 cent for the regs :ROFLMAO: .... LOL. Either way....ouch.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Yes; the type of diodes being used. Horticultural grade diodes have specific wavelengths in them that won't be used for general purpose lights and they have an IP rating that is more suitable for higher dust and higher humidity environments.
The IP rating is for the fixture not the diodes, as I understand it.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The IP rating is for the fixture not the diodes, as I understand it.
It is, but exposed diodes on horticultural grade lights have a coating over them to meet the fixture rating. I don't know if you heard about the issue with earlier model Spider Farmer lights flaking shit off of them. That was an issue with how they applied that coating to their boards.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
It is, but exposed diodes on horticultural grade lights have a coating over them to meet the fixture rating. I don't know if you heard about the issue with earlier model Spider Farmer lights flaking shit off of them. That was an issue with how they applied that coating to their boards.
I think I remember that.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
As long as they have "full spectrum" (white) diodes, you can grow weed with them.
Warm White is for flower 2250K - 3000K
Neutral 4000K
Cool White is used for veg. 5000K-6000K