2021 Mystery Pack Competition

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
How much you bringing in for that sponsorship deal, and how can I play? :ROFLMAO:
You'd be surprised by how many of these vendors will send you free equipment if you just mention them and show their shit in your tent. AC Infinity does it with a ton of beginner growers and I honestly don't get it. I've noticed Air Bottom Bags has been sending a lot of people their bags for free lately to promote them. I contacted them about alpha/beta testing their new controllers and offered to give them a lot of feedback and explained that I've been in the automation and integration industry for over 20 years. They had no interest unless I was active on social media platforms, had a lot of followers, and was an "influencer".

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
I decided to top That 2 and This 5. I also took some more off of H2 a plant that I topped a while back. It was getting difficult to adjust the lights and the fans with them being so much taller than the rest.
The small plants in the front are the RIR I had sitting on the shelf.

Before topping.
DSC00083.JPG

After topping.
DSC00096.JPG

The other side of the room.
DSC00084.JPG

One of the other plants.
DSC00086.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I may be taking myself off the list. Did not realize I had thrips until they got to every plant I have going. Sprayed a few times, looked again and the little guys are walking on the leaves again. Seriously thinking of tossing everything out the door and taking some down time before starting up again. Either way I had enough with fighting the aphids for a year, I am not keen on going through that again with these buggers.

I hear all the time how easy thrips are to eradicate but my last battle with them bastards about drove me to drinking! I admit the whole room was clones that apparently had little resistance but I feel your pain bro.. Russet mites are still the worst but at that moment that bunch of thrips sucked...

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Guess I should jump in here and post my weekly pics, so as not to be on the naughty list!
I think they're 3 wks in on 12/12.
Seems I've always got the shortest girls on the playground....gonna give me a F'n complex 😁
Hoping they fatten up to make up for their stubby little stature.
Give em a heavy foliar of Agsil 16 and cal/mag this morning.
20220130_150922.jpg20220130_151528-crop.jpg

The tall lanky Other is showing a bit of frost20220130_151106-crop.jpg

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
23 Players, the ones with an x next to the screen name have posted pics in the last 3 weeks.
I may have missed some players that have posted.

This was my original list of 33 players that germinated seeds.

TreeFarmerCharlie x

Zaphod420 x

idolized x

Mr. Greenz

H.A.F. x

Nobighurry x

TerpyTyrone x

Kushash x

Tango.hotel.charlie x

Dalton x

GrowernotAshower

Old ST1R x

GrowsomethingBill x

Protato

Ohio.george x

DesertPlants

Bustenbeans x

FluffySquish x

printer x

wierdly x

Butlers ridge

awcoste x

F series x

Heisenbeans x

Slowdrawl x

Opie1

High kev Needed to bow out Monday.

Turd Ferguson x

Streetpro09 x

Rocman91

lakegrow x
mine are so far behind, don't even bother counting me in,rideing drag @ the back of the herd ,trying to keep all straglers up with the main herd.rir looking impressive compared to the rest that 1 and two runing second just got their first feed of FPJ last night.
But do you really?
I know one, and I know one side of one of the crosses. Here's my last clue on the only one we know.

@J.James said that the Harlets (freebie, not comp plant) was one of his fems. He did this on the outside chance that someone got all males, or duds, or whatever. A parting gift...

At the time he had two fems available for purchase, the Banana Hashplant and the County Line Hashplant.

Next drop I am including a CLHP because I really love that smoke and am running low... 😁
i have a harlots that has twisted leaves and is the runt of the whole bunch, i've not given up yet ,i have to see if it'il grow out of this phase .

Last edited by a moderator:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i have a harlots that has twisted leaves and is the runt of the whole bunch, i've not given up yet ,i have to see if it'il grow out of this phase .
The Harlets is a fem so do what you need. Take clones if the new stuff looks better, whatever. It should be good stuff and an outlier might just put out some fire.
Then again, it's a fem and a freebie. Instead of spending too much time on something that might not pan out maybe you flip it and see what happens then drop another?

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
The Harlets is a fem so do what you need. Take clones if the new stuff looks better, whatever. It should be good stuff and an outlier might just put out some fire.
Then again, it's a fem and a freebie. Instead of spending too much time on something that might not pan out maybe you flip it and see what happens then drop another?
i want to keep it unless it starts really strange growth.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
mine are so far behind, don't even bother counting me in,rideing drag @ the back of the herd ,trying to keep all straglers up with the main herd.rir looking impressive compared to the rest that 1 and two runing second just got their first feed of FPJ last night.

I learned a lot about growing hanging in the riu plant problem section. These comps are a great opportunity for everyone to up their game. A grower who is struggling is respected for hanging in and posting updates, so you still get counted as a grower that adds to the knowledge base.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After further review - I think more people in this forum stay in their lanes grow-wise. For example - I don't have anything to say if people have hydro questions, but I also won't jump in and try and preach about soil and start a fight and clog the thread - and confuse the fuck out of the newb asking the question. That is the general attitude here.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
You'll get answers on here for any problem you aren't scared to post a few pics of.
But it makes you wonder why so many over there are having problems... :unsure: :cool:
After further review - I think more people in this forum stay in their lanes grow-wise. For example - I don't have anything to say if people have hydro questions, but I also won't jump in and try and preach about soil and start a fight and clog the thread - and confuse the fuck out of the newb asking the question. That is the general attitude here.
I agree.
The reason there are so many newbies with problems over there is simply the amount of traffic they get IMO.
Here there is a higher % of growers that are regular posters compared to there and yes, the knowledge base here is just as strong.
I'd bet the best 20 growers here would hold their own against the best 20 there even though this site is about one 5th the size traffic wise.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Kushash I think that people on here are mostly an older age group. Not as much 'wasted' pride. If people here ask about something they usually also listen. Then they get to be a better grower and are the ones to chime in when the next person has a problem.

Not a lot on here feel the need to "I'll second that because here's what I do" and then say the same damn thing over and over - or nitpick some bullshit minutia that the plant don't give a fuck about. A simple "👆 what he said" on here is like getting a second opinion from another doctor 😁

We have a better system in place to make everyone a better grower. A rising tide that raises all boats.