2021 Mystery Pack Competition

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
@Kushash I think that people on here are mostly an older age group. Not as much 'wasted' pride. If people here ask about something they usually also listen. Then they get to be a better grower and are the ones to chime in when the next person has a problem.

Not a lot on here feel the need to "I'll second that because here's what I do" and then say the same damn thing over and over - or nitpick some bullshit minutia that the plant don't give a fuck about. A simple "👆 what he said" on here is like getting a second opinion from another doctor 😁

We have a better system in place to make everyone a better grower. A rising tide that raises all boats.
Again I agree.
I posted this a while back in the infirmary.
Now this is a nice infirmary.
Elsewhere you might get a bunch of bad guesses and have a few others trashing the plant.
Then I posted this in PadawanWarrior's thread, you know, the one with the dirty word in the title.

[/QUOTE]
When a member I like made a comment about the growers here thinking they are grow gods I replied with a post on BK's thread to see what reaction I got and to see if anyone could provide a link to a better grow comp than the current one or the last one here. If there has been a better comp I'd like to see it and no one could give me a link to a better comp. There is likely to be a back and forth on other sites about how stupid the comps are or how lame the growers are but there is one area here that I find much nicer than riu and that's the plant problem section.

I can post links from the plant problem section here where someone was a new grower and showed really bad looking plants in the early stages. There was no trolling by insecure growers or posers. The same post on riu would be met by 2 pages of trash talk and someone willing to help would likely just move on.

I posted this last May and feel the same way today.
We are on the same page; Maybe I should have left the r word out of my post to OST. It wasn't about riu it just happened to be the place I learned a lot following plant problems. :)

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
So this is where I’m at. I’ve made the hard decision to cull the remaining this and that. It wasn’t an easy choice to make and it never is I just don’t have the time in the upcoming weeks to get whatever problems they were having worked out. Especially when the Harlets and Others are doing great! I got my watering system cleaned up and back in operation for the remaining six contestants. I’d show you but I finished about 3 min before lights out. Will post my update pic tomorrow!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So this is where I’m at. I’ve made the hard decision to cull the remaining this and that. It wasn’t an easy choice to make and it never is I just don’t have the time in the upcoming weeks to get whatever problems they were having worked out. Especially when the Harlets and Others are doing great! I got my watering system cleaned up and back in operation for the remaining six contestants. I’d show you but I finished about 3 min before lights out. Will post my update pic tomorrow!
I dropped all the contest beans knowing I might need to cull girls just because they are testers. Might want to get some info to @J.James on the culled ones too if there's anything of note.

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
You'd be surprised by how many of these vendors will send you free equipment if you just mention them and show their shit in your tent. AC Infinity does it with a ton of beginner growers and I honestly don't get it. I've noticed Air Bottom Bags has been sending a lot of people their bags for free lately to promote them. I contacted them about alpha/beta testing their new controllers and offered to give them a lot of feedback and explained that I've been in the automation and integration industry for over 20 years. They had no interest unless I was active on social media platforms, had a lot of followers, and was an "influencer".
Airbottom only makes bags. It's just a couple down in Florida, Paul and Jean that sew them together themselves. I truley love the product and they do send freebies in every order. The folks that got the banners...myself included where some of the early supporters. Did you mean AC Infinity controllers? They told be no too. Not enough followers. 😫😫😫😫😫

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Did you mean AC Infinity controllers? They told be no too. Not enough followers. 😫😫😫😫😫
Yeah, they seemed more interested in having people promote their product than people who will actually help them refine it. I'm hoping they don't go to shit as a company but the recent uptick in random weed related items (pruning scissors, grinders, bowl trimmers, trellis nets, etc.) on their site make me think they are going done that road of trying to push out as many weed related items as they can while home growing is becoming so popular.

Streetpro09

Tester
Yeah, they seemed more interested in having people promote their product than people who will actually help them refine it. I'm hoping they don't go to shit as a company but the recent uptick in random weed related items (pruning scissors, grinders, bowl trimmers, trellis nets, etc.) on their site make me think they are going done that road of trying to push out as many weed related items as they can while home growing is becoming so popular.
That's a sure sign they are overstepping their sales. Reminds me of a gas station that's sells bowls and bongs and such. Imo, it just looks trashy and its something they know nothing about.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
That's a sure sign they are overstepping their sales. Reminds me of a gas station that's sells bowls and bongs and such. Imo, it just looks trashy and its something they know nothing about.
It's crazy, because I remember when AC Infinity wasn't even in the grow equipment game. I first heard of them about 20 years ago when they really were only making cooling fans for equipment racks. We used to use their rack fans in a lot of the jobs I did with a company I used to work for.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's crazy, because I remember when AC Infinity wasn't even in the grow equipment game. I first heard of them about 20 years ago when they really were only making cooling fans for equipment racks. We used to use their rack fans in a lot of the jobs I did with a company I used to work for.
As long as they nailed this oscillating fan thing I don't care about the rest :)

Streetpro09

Tester
It's crazy what companies are doing now a days to make a buck. Super cutthroat out there. It's like they can't stay focused on their products and making them better, they're worried about how someone else is making money.

I heard ac infinity tents leave some to be desired? How about they make better products before they decide to sell more products?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It's crazy what companies are doing now a days to make a buck. Super cutthroat out there. It's like they can't stay focused on their products and making them better, they're worried about how someone else is making money.

I heard ac infinity tents leave some to be desired? How about they make better products before they decide to sell more products?
The manufacturer who's systems I program used to be the best of the best and they've gone downhill for years because of this way of thinking. They weren't happy only being spec'd into very high end homes & large commercial building and felt like they needed to try to get into upper middle / lower high class homes, and all of a sudden new half baked products and software came out and older products got discontinued constantly. We in the industry call it "the race to the bottom".

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Never hurts to have extras, working in a tent this morn and all went dark. Timer took a dump while working in the tent but thank goodness had a new one waiting.

For the price of AC's tents I have no complaints. Was going to get a liquid jade or a gorilla but can buy 2 AC's for the price of one of either of the others.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Never hurts to have extras, working in a tent this morn and all went dark. Timer took a dump while working in the tent but thank goodness had a new one waiting.

For the price of AC's tents I have no complaints. Was going to get a liquid jade or a gorilla but can buy 2 AC's for the price of one of either of the others.
I'm happy with my AC Infinity 2x4 but I know some people received tents from them with stitching that was letting go.