2021 Mystery Pack Competition

DesertPlants

The Collector
It is a PH container I got from Apera for giving feedback. Right now it has water, but each will have 3.10, 7, 10.01, and cleaning solution after the seeds pop. The Apera pens sit in each for calibration without it tipping or anything, which is good for someone like me that can break something while breaking it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Actually, pointy end up is the correct way, if you’re being picky.

View attachment 102393
I have done both and actually lost two vigorous point up beans because they weren't deep enough. Shot the taproot right into the air and it died on top of the soil.

Just dropped 18 at once and put them all sideways and it seemed to work.

Also - if his plant is only that big at 21 days I'm not trusting his system 😁

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am running everything to flip, but based on space I may cull girls. If I can keep more I will. I want to keep two girls per strain if that's an option but being one of JJ's testers I'm not hanging on to anything for later. Pretty good germ rate and from looking I know the two duds at least cracked and put out a tail. But since I am culling anyway those two may not stick around. That5 is having a tough time deciding to grow vertical and has a curly root. I packed dirt around it to make sure all the root was buried well. If she doesn't phototrope in a day or so she might be a tosser as well.
IMG_7458.JPG
I also have a triploid/whorled phylotaxy plant as well. It being number 3 is that karma thing again lol.
IMG_7457 - Copy.JPG

printer

Super Active Member
I have done both and actually lost two vigorous point up beans because they weren't deep enough. Shot the taproot right into the air and it died on top of the soil.

Just dropped 18 at once and put them all sideways and it seemed to work.

Also - if his plant is only that big at 21 days I'm not trusting his system 😁
On my CBD hunt I had a number of seeds that shot out on top of the dirt then dried up. I was wondering why.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's also caused by over watering seedlings and suffocating them
@J.James taught me to weigh your starter soil dry, then add about 10% of that weight in water. You know there's something in there for the roots to find. If you hit them with a spray bottle getting them watered in it has a place to go in the fairly dry soil. And if you occasionally mist everything to keep them humid and happy you aren't raining on already saturated medium.

doing the cup-in-cup method I can add a little water to the outer cup for any roots that escape.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
So far 25 players have posted seeds being germinated.

TreeFarmerCharlie

Zaphod420

idolized

Mr. Greenz

Protato

H.A.F.

Nobighurry

TerpyTyrone

Kushash

Tango.hotel.charlie

Dalton

Zaphod420