2021 Mystery Pack Competition

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
The labeled sticks or plant steaks are all fine. I want it on the final pot so you can get it in an entire plant photo if someone suspects someone else of cheating. Not a lot of that nonsense goes on here, so I'm not overly worried about it, to be honest.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
The labeled sticks or plant steaks are all fine. I want it on the final pot so you can get it in an entire plant photo if someone suspects someone else of cheating. Not a lot of that nonsense goes on here, so I'm not overly worried about it, to be honest.
I was hoping I could wait to put my name on until they were in a bigger pot as you can see my writing is hideous I need more space to write lol

Day 2 since getting wet(....FRESH) and H3 just threw her helmet off and put on her shoulder pads, H1 is up but still struggling with her helmet, and H2 is crowing. Thanks again for putting this thing on for all of J.James, the fact that I am a part of a grow comp with 42 VERY good growers several of which are actual MASTERS all dusting their gear off and about to lean into growing some fire new genetics from a very gifted breeder is very exciting. The fact that if any of these bad ass growers gets their This That or the Other seeds to grow into the most beautiful plant ever and I am sitting on some of those beans and have a very good chance to go find her well... Growers Paradise for real ! (y)
H1,H2, H3 D2.JPG

Last edited:

Dalton

Nobody
@ HAF I have one running in my closet about to finish 3wk from now, I am liking it so I wanted to run more. I veg FEM's longer to make sure they are mature enough to flower, anything I have ran quick has thrown nuts...are cult classics know to herm? I have a Dirty Deeds and Cement Shoes going right now with no issue so far. this is my first run with cult classic

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@ HAF I have one running in my closet about to finish 3wk from now, I am liking it so I wanted to run more. I veg FEM's longer to make sure they are mature enough to flower, anything I have ran quick has thrown nuts...are cult classics know to herm? I have a Dirty Deeds and Cement Shoes going right now with no issue so far. this is my first run with cult classic
Just dropped two, a dud and a herm. Flipped at 4 weeks. It was a quick grower and had alternating nodes up top and on a few branches

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’m curious to know how long you veg your fems prior to flip? And how long do you let regs veg?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Day 2 since getting wet(....FRESH) and H3 just threw her helmet off and put on her shoulder pads, H1 is up but still struggling with her helmet, and H2 is crowing. Thanks again for putting this thing on for all of J.James, the fact that I am a part of a grow comp with 42 VERY good growers several of which are actual MASTERS all dusting their gear off and about to lean into growing some fire new genetics from a very gifted breeder is very exciting. The fact that if any of these bad ass growers gets their This That or the Other seeds to grow into the most beautiful plant ever and I am sitting on some of those beans and have a very good chance to go find her well... Growers Paradise for real ! (y)
View attachment 102282
Those sprouted fast! I was expecting to see mine out of the soil this morning after seeing yours but they haven’t emerged yet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't want to ping on the breeder too much. "your results may vary" :ROFLMAO:

One thing I'm getting is that I like my rotation and a drop and flip every month. And it works mostly. If there's a strain that doesn't like the early flip there are others that do -I'm still learning.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Info from Ethos that seems relevent

Optimum Plant Size — E T H O S (ethosgenetics.com) <<<<< link

"Some plants like to be grown big, but even commercially-grown varieties that love to grow big won’t have an optimal size that yields much more than eight ounces. For some plants typically indicas with smaller flower sets, a 2-week veg that yields 30 grams is the most effective way to grow that plant."

later it says

Optimum Size for Seed:

Seeds are not able to flower until they are at least 4-6 weeks old. Female plants need to produce ethylene in order to flower, and seeds don’t produce ethylene until typically Week 5-6 of veg. Because you have to grow a seed for a minimum of 5-6 weeks before flowering, it can limit the versatility and narrow the scope of what I believe to be optimum for a plant. An exception to this rule are Afghan Kush-dominant varieties that are able to flower more quickly from seed; It can finish in under three months from germination. Autoflowers adhere to a different set of parameters.

Optimum Size for Clone:

Conversely, clones offer more versatility with shorter veg cycles than when growing from seed, because a clone can be flowered as soon as it is rooted. Clones can be sent into flower and are able to flower at your discretion, allowing you to shorten or lengthen veg time based on the variety and expression in question.

One rule that I have for my seeds is that I typically recommend flipping the plant once its fan leaves have outgrown the diameter of its final pot. Seeds will often take a week longer to flower than when flowered from clone because of the maturity (hormones) of the plant, especially when flowered young (less than 10 weeks).

So the generally agreed upon 4 weeks is the low-limit for flip. I know some strains take longer to show, but have no issues. I have grown 12/12 from seed just to see and it went about 30 days before showing. If there are strains that don't like the early flip I can definitely try a longer veg on the second run, (I usually just do 1-2 per strain) rather than just sticking them in the "give-away box.