175w mh vs 150w hps

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I was trying to make a visual comparison for the person interested without all the marketing hype. Like apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Amount of diodes, wattage output, and cost.

I have more lights than i know what to do with at the moment.
I'm not good at the marketing aspect. I know these lighta fricken rip!
30,000 lux @12 inches all day long. I'm sure the spread of my 18 by 18 fixture would kill that little chinaman blurple light. It has wayyyy too many fake Samsung colored diodes

Streetpro09

Tester
I'm not good at the marketing aspect. I know these lighta fricken rip!
30,000 lux @12 inches all day long. I'm sure the spread of my 18 by 18 fixture would kill that little chinaman blurple light. It has wayyyy too many fake Samsung colored diodes
Looks like the person wants to spend about $100. If it was me I'd go as much as $150 if i knew it was gonna be more than i expected.

So.... how many strips plus a driver could they get for $100-$150?

The 18x18 you're mentioning sounds like it's closer to $250 total?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Looks like the person wants to spend about $100. If it was me I'd go as much as $150 if i knew it was gonna be more than i expected.

So.... how many strips plus a driver could they get for $100-$150?

The 18x18 you're mentioning sounds like it's closer to $250 total?
Ya. The driver is 80$
Thats why I use the the lrs 350 24 for ~30$ and it cranks out 392watts.
But it'd be oversized for the 18 x 18 light
Growdaddyled.com has everything dude needs. Sinks, strips, drivers, plugs, wires, ratchet straps, aluminum frame.
But nobody is gonna wire it for him...

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Ya. The driver is 80$
Thats why I use the the lrs 350 24 for ~30$ and it cranks out 392watts.
But it'd be oversized for the 18 x 18 light
Growdaddyled.com has everything dude needs. Sinks, strips, drivers, plugs, wires, ratchet straps, aluminum frame.
But nobody is gonna wire it for him...
I'm not free to assemble and ship.... I paid the shipping on 36" heatsinks for a light that a customer pulled out of. Now I'm sitting on product. I would move em @ cost honestly.

Streetpro09

Tester
I'm not free to assemble and ship.... I paid the shipping on 36" heatsinks for a light that a customer pulled out of. Now I'm sitting on product. I would move em @ cost honestly.
I wouldn't do much for free either! Lol. I just thought maybe you had some stock yourself from growdaddy. Maybe 20-30 strips and heat sinks, plus a couple drivers you like to use. Could build a couple lights when you needed/wanted or when someone asks. Then restock yourself later? Idk kinda looked like you wanted to do it as a side hustle at one point.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I wouldn't do much for free either! Lol. I just thought maybe you had some stock yourself from growdaddy. Maybe 20-30 strips and heat sinks, plus a couple drivers you like to use. Could build a couple lights when you needed/wanted or when someone asks.
Exactly. He gives me bulk pricing on the strips. But his only heatsinks are about 18" , thats it. I get em up to 50" and put 3 strips on each sink

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
He says for that review he cleaned the diodes with rubbing alcohol.
Doesn’t change the fact that those aren’t the diodes the manufacturer claims they are. I have absolutely nothing to gain by warning you about how shady these companies are. I bought shit lights on Amazon and I’m just trying to help prevent you from doing the same. Expect to pay about $1/watt, or slightly less, to build your own. If you pay less than that for something prebuilt then don’t expect it to be quality or to last.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Rubbing alcohol dries and cracks acrilic and other oil based plastics. That is why the diodes were damaged in the Amazon review. I just read the review when he posted the image. He used isopropyl alcohol to clean it and ruined them.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Have you checked Facebook Marketplace or other on line for sale websites? There’s always something used for sale out there.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I was trying to make a visual comparison for the person interested without all the marketing hype. Like apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Amount of diodes, wattage output, and cost.

I have more lights than i know what to do with at the moment.
I know exactly how that feels!

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Rubbing alcohol dries and cracks acrilic and other oil based plastics. That is why the diodes were damaged in the Amazon review. I just read the review when he posted the image. He used isopropyl alcohol to clean it and ruined them.
I built led light engines for high end flashlights for years and always cleaned with alcohol and never seen that happen and I have cleaned hundreds.