175w mh vs 150w hps

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
That'd be ideal for his plans. And even if he went up to a 3x3' it would be adequate.
Having run this light. It really loses its lux reading drastically outside of the 2 ft. Radius. But it'd do it for sure. I use it as a transition or finish light. I was even gonna use it for my moms and cuts. I have a little closet I use before my outdoor season, as a place for my cuts. It is,ideal

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I was eyeing this one on Amazon. BESTVA Dimmable Pro1000 LED
I wouldn’t get that. Most of the lights you see on Amazon have horrible quality control and poor soldering. If you look at the customer pictures for that light you can see how poorly the power leads are soldered to that board (round globs of solder instead of properly bonded and smooth). The purple hue that light puts off is also outdated. The only LED I would recommend buying off Amazon would be HLG. Spider Farmer had a decent name but now there are reports of the silicone waterproofing they cover their boards with flaking off which is bad news if it gets into you’re flower.

Streetpro09

Tester
I was eyeing this one on Amazon. BESTVA Dimmable Pro1000 LED
Not a terrible choice. Not sure you would be able to remote mount the driver outside of a tent if you needed.

@TerpyTyrone The light he's shared has about 225 diodes at 105 watts for $85. What are some numbers you can build?

To me its kinda funny that they say it has an upgraded heat sink. That just screams "we didnt design it right the first time", imo.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Not a terrible choice. Not sure you would be able to remote mount the driver outside of a tent if you needed.

@TerpyTyrone The light he's shared has about 225 diodes at 105 watts for $85. What are some numbers you can build?

To me its kinda funny that they say it has an upgraded heat sink. That just screams "we didnt design it right the first time", imo.
These Chinese light manufacturers who put “1000” in the model number of a 100W light is just a sign to me that they are preying on new growers who don’t know what to look for. My advice is to search for this light on Reddit and other growing forums and you will see there is very little info on it. The blurple Bestva sold had poor reviews so I’d be surprised if these are built any better. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out they have knockoff Meanwell drivers, either.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I wouldn’t get that. Most of the lights you see on Amazon have horrible quality control and poor soldering. If you look at the customer pictures for that light you can see how poorly the power leads are soldered to that board (round globs of solder instead of properly bonded and smooth). The purple hue that light puts off is also outdated. The only LED I would recommend buying off Amazon would be HLG. Spider Farmer had a decent name but now there are reports of the silicone waterproofing they cover their boards with flaking off which is bad news if it gets into you’re flower.
Customer reviews are really good on this light.

I think you maybe looked at the wrong light, because it’s a quantum board, not a blurple.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Customer reviews are really good on this light.

I think you maybe looked at the wrong light, because it’s a quantum board, not a blurple.
Customer reviews for all the shitty lights on Amazon look good because they send people free lights to get them and new growers review them as soon as they get them. Look at the customer pictures. It’s not an older type of blurple but it has a purple hue to the color temp.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

Each strip I use has 96 diodes.
the driver is legit. I'm not sure about the diodes. Mine are top bin Samsung lm561. Only one diode better, efficiency wise, lm301b or h.

Streetpro09

Tester
Ive got 2 36" heatsinks.
I could cut em in half and have 4 separate sinks and strips. 18 x 18? Sounds like a perfect match. But the driver is gonna be around 80$
Each strip I use has 96 diodes.
the driver is legit. I'm not sure about the diodes. Mine are top bin Samsung lm561. Only one diode better, efficiency wise, lm301b or h.
So that's 384 diodes. How many watts and how much would the total price be with driver?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
These Chinese light manufacturers who put “1000” in the model number of a 100W light is just a sign to me that they are preying on new growers who don’t know what to look for. My advice is to search for this light on Reddit and other growing forums and you will see there is very little info on it. The blurple Bestva sold had poor reviews so I’d be surprised if these are built any better. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out they have knockoff Meanwell drivers, either.
These dont look like lm301b diodesCapture+_2022-01-30-19-49-08.png