175w mh vs 150w hps

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Well if I win the super bowl squares I will need a little spot to grow them. I have a closet that would just fit a two by two tent. So I'm thinking for all stages of growth.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Well if I win the super bowl squares I will need a little spot to grow them. I have a closet that would just fit a two by two tent. So I'm thinking for all stages of growth.
THE essential piece of growing gear is a decent light; all else can be improvised but that.

Don't bother with the tent until you have a good LED light.

High intensity discharge lighting, be it HPS, MH or even CMH, is stone age tech, plain and simple. High quality LED lights are widely available and inexpensive.

For your 2x2 space, a dimmable LED light that maxes out around 120-150W of actual draw will be your best investment. No, it won't be cheap but it will be a one time expense, unlike HID.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I agree...LED is cheap enough to just go with now and I wouldn't go with anything but LED for a small tent due to heat issues.

200watts. Google this
Mean Well 24V LED Driver ELG-200-24B – 150W-200W

I'll send u the 4 heatsink and 4 strips already wired and on a frame. U just put in the 8 screws to the frame and connect the driver. Very easy. Ive done this a few times 😉
18" x 18" can get away with just under 100W and 2x2 really only needs 120W. That would be a good light to use dimmed down, though, because it would run nice and cool.