What youll eating

Lady Zandra

I'm a culinary manager for a seafood restaurant so I know almost every way to cook seafood. But I've loved cooking since i was a little girl. Funny Though that i don't eat most of the shit i cook 😂.

My baby's birthday was the other day and I made up 2 racks of lamb cut into chops, horseradish mashed potatoes, corn, and Mac and cheese. I made my marinade 3 days before.

EVOO, thyme, rosemary, shallots, and some garlic. Cook it up and cool it. Then marinated the lamb for 2 days. Fresh horseradish root for the potatoes. I wish i took pictures of food. That shit was beautiful.
Oh LORD! Lamb! And the marinade sounds AWESOME! Horseradish mashed potatoes is something fe people have experienced-- IMO, once they do- there aren't very many better ways to do a mash!
I'm the only one in the family who eats lamb... Good thing considering the price!

<3

Lady Zandra

I think all of the cooking creativity has nothing to do with Covid in my experience. It was retirement. I have always been a cook since i was 10 and i have mastered a lot of cooking skills and techqiques but when you work....have a garden...shit like that

Whats for dinner becomes meat starch veg....cook them as fast as you can.

Now its crazy.

Chicken Caccitore, to souvlaki marinaed all day (with greek rice and potatos and salad).

The day before i smoked a boston butt. Before that a brisket.

The Tuna pasta sauce with rio mare tuna was pretty great too.

Yesterday killer potato salad and BBQ chicken with skewers of BBQ vegetables.

35 years at one workplace becomes familiar and it bred contempt.

Now I love taking the time to think of what i will make. I dont paint...i dont draw...i could i guess but i hate wearing the specactles so....i choose to express art in food.

And its just gets better. Even the dog is fat.

Tonight we are having leftovers...potato salad and some. I think what i needed was the pool to open...:D Life is good.

Serenety now.
LOVE following these posts! Such creativity and expertise..
PROVES you do not have to be a "trained Chef" to enjoy cooking, and make some feckin AWESOME meals!
I'm self (and Family) taught from age 9... Have run a couple small kitchens for Local family-owned restaurants...LOVE it!
And seeing all these great recipes and meals makes me miss cooking outside our home even more!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Looks like someone needed two packs of noodles - but none matched :ROFLMAO:
Love the little tentacles included :)
I licked my chops when I saw that tentacle. Long time ago there was a pizza place that offered 3 specialty pies. Vegetable, Meat, or Seafood. The seafood pie was unbelivable, had all kinda things from the sea. Pie was $30 which was big back then, but I could only eat one or two slices at a sitting. That guy died and I've never seen anything offered like that. Squid, calamari, shrimp, scallops, lobster, plus. Most pizza joints don't have that stuff in the shop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I licked my chops when I saw that tentacle. Long time ago there was a pizza place that offered 3 specialty pies. Vegetable, Meat, or Seafood. The seafood pie was unbelivable, had all kinda things from the sea. Pie was $30 which was big back then, but I could only eat one or two slices at a sitting. That guy died and I've never seen anything offered like that. Squid, calamari, shrimp, scallops, lobster, plus. Most pizza joints don't have that stuff in the shop.
Back when I lived in NOLA, you could go to the Pizza Hut and get pizza with oysters, shrimp, crawfish etc. Don't recall squid, because I think it would get chewy blasted at 500F. Probably the same with octopi. Surprised me when I moved and it wasn't on the menu at a Pizza Hut in a different state. The part about franchises that people don't get. Some "chain" stores are (or were) mom and pop businesses with the latitude to make the locals happy.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
nice smoker man....i have to say this has to be my next food investment.

I can smoke stuff on my bbq pretty good...like a boss really but i want to make my own....smoked turkey. maybe a bunch of trout.

Smoked onions and garlic really add a wonderful flavor to a lot of things.

Is that wood fired...pellet or propane with pellet feed?
This is the one I got