What youll eating

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One leaf of lettuce is acceptable on a burger to keep the juice from soaking the bottom bun. A little shredded on a taco is fine. Other than that is worthless :)

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Thanks man your breads look amazing too. I have been frying about 20% of the dough in sunflower oil. It gets super crispy on the outside and stays fluffy inside and goes great with some butter and jam and even with some kind of aged cheese like gruyere. Yummy. Next time i’m gonna try some rolls too. And i should take pics!
Thanks! I've baked my share of bricks to get there, lol. Been baking a lot with the lockdown. I'm on the stone now, but I have a menagerie of pots that I'll bake in also. I have a pullman loaf pan sitting there never used for years...........maybe check it out soon. Cheese bread in a pot will make you a bread superstar with the kids. Here's a 5 cup light rye.
fivecuprye.jpgfivecuprye2.jpg

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Thanks! I've baked my share of bricks to get there, lol. Been baking a lot with the lockdown. I'm on the stone now, but I have a menagerie of pots that I'll bake in also. I have a pullman loaf pan sitting there never used for years...........maybe check it out soon. Cheese bread in a pot will make you a bread superstar with the kids. Here's a 5 cup light rye.
View attachment 58466View attachment 58467
looks very cool at what temperature are you baking those? I’m using a dutch oven and that goes into an electric oven which only goes up to 250C. Not ideal i think but it gets the job done and since the dutch oven seals it tight and keeps the humid air in, it creates a denser bread (not unpleasant or heavy) with more water but it keeps fresh for a week because of that water content which is nice as each bread weighs about 1500gr. Thats a lot of bread!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
looks very cool at what temperature are you baking those? I’m using a dutch oven and that goes into an electric oven which only goes up to 250C. Not ideal i think but it gets the job done and since the dutch oven seals it tight and keeps the humid air in, it creates a denser bread (not unpleasant or heavy) with more water but it keeps fresh for a week because of that water content which is nice as each bread weighs about 1500gr. Thats a lot of bread!
I set my oven (electric) to 425 F. I put both racks in the two bottom slots. The upper rack gets a 16" diameter stone. The lower rack gets a cookie sheet that holds about a quart of water. As soon as I see a bit of steam, I take the stone out, dust with fine oatmeal, plop the loaf on the stone, then move the whole deal into the oven. You want to see steam at that point. That steam makes the crust wonderful. Then I bake for 45 min and take a look. Then usually continue for 15 to 20 mins more.

I did pot breads for a while. I have a big vintage aluminum dutch oven that makes 7-8 cup loaf....that's huge. Makes a round loaf. I also have a cast iron loaf pan, and that then goes into a rectangular aluminum pot that has a lid, that makes an artisan square loaf. I also have a ceramic bundt type pot. Made this rye loaf in that the other day.
rye bundt.jpg

Here's what the square set up looks like

sqloaf1.jpgsqloaf4.jpg

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
I set my oven (electric) to 425 F. I put both racks in the two bottom slots. The upper rack gets a 16" diameter stone. The lower rack gets a cookie sheet that holds about a quart of water. As soon as I see a bit of steam, I take the stone out, dust with fine oatmeal, plop the loaf on the stone, then move the whole deal into the oven. You want to see steam at that point. That steam makes the crust wonderful. Then I bake for 45 min and take a look. Then usually continue for 15 to 20 mins more.

I did pot breads for a while. I have a big vintage aluminum dutch oven that makes 7-8 cup loaf....that's huge. Makes a round loaf. I also have a cast iron loaf pan, and that then goes into a rectangular aluminum pot that has a lid, that makes an artisan square loaf. I also have a ceramic bundt type pot. Made this rye loaf in that the other day.
View attachment 58485

Here's what the square set up looks like

View attachment 58486View attachment 58487
looks delicious man congrats! I’m still perfecting it but yours look very nice. I’m gonna do another loaf in 2 days lets see how that turns out.

Lady Zandra

I'm mean with a broiler, shrimp, and butter!
Maybe a lil breadcrumbs over fettuccini Alfredo .
In my region we have an orange sauce. Alfredo and 🍅 try it sometime!
We call it 'vodka sauce' here!
1/2 & 1/2 Alfredo and Tomato-- usually with a splash of Vodka (I don't usually bother)
I've been cooking since I was 12, and cooked in restaurants for 20+ years (When not teaching Middle school)
But LOVE new recipes!!!!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
We call it 'vodka sauce' here!
1/2 & 1/2 Alfredo and Tomato-- usually with a splash of Vodka (I don't usually bother)
I've been cooking since I was 12, and cooked in restaurants for 20+ years (When not teaching Middle school)
But LOVE new recipes!!!!
Where have U been!?$? Haha
U must be NE?
Riggies?
I'm ready to share some Italian delights if anyone shows interest.
Pasta fagioili
Chicken cacciatore
Shrimp and scallop Alfredo
MaMa Mia!!!!!
I'm hungry!!!

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Love it I will gladly try some recipes please share
So to feed 2 people: 6 4oz lobster tails
12 sea scallops or 6oz of bay scallops
24 31/35 shrimp
1lb of mussels
Linguini
2 tablespoon minced garlic
A tomato diced
Chopped green onions
Beurre blanc and white wine

Cut your Maine tails into wishbone and make sure to strip the vein and pull the meat then rinse. Drop all of your proteins in 170 degree water for 5 minutes. Cook your linguini to use as a bed later. Saute your garlic until you can smell it then add your BB (12 oz) and white wine (3oz). Cook to a light reduction. Add tomatoes and green onions to the sauce then add your meats and toss. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes on low. Pour all that over a bed of linguini.
Bar harbor lobster bake
U must be NE?
Riggies?
Pasta fagioili
Chicken cacciatore
MaMa Mia!!!!!
I'm hungry!!!
For the love of god please share. I don't know shit about Italian food.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Haha whole lotta garlic, onion, pepper, parsley basil, oregano. The trio's of spiced and seasonings.

The Greek marinade for pork, lamb, chicken is roughly
1/3cup salt
1/3 oregano
1/3 paprika
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
Great for chicken speedies with oil and vinegar marinade
The Italian stuff is all saute first in olive oil and add the good stuff. A sauce recipe to come. Thinking of ma alot lately. Thanks ma! Too soon 56. Food was one of her many great attributes. It had to be with 3 hungry overweight kids. Ya I was big Ty kinda. Haha long story.
Anyway enjoy your Saturday. Probably a bbq pic for y'all later.
So to feed 2 people: 6 4oz lobster tails
12 sea scallops or 6oz of bay scallops
24 31/35 shrimp
1lb of mussels
Linguini
2 tablespoon minced garlic
A tomato diced
Chopped green onions
Beurre blanc and white wine

Cut your Maine tails into wishbone and make sure to strip the vein and pull the meat then rinse. Drop all of your proteins in 170 degree water for 5 minutes. Cook your linguini to use as a bed later. Saute your garlic until you can smell it then add your BB (12 oz) and white wine (3oz). Cook to a light reduction. Add tomatoes and green onions to the sauce then add your meats and toss. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes on low. Pour all that over a bed of linguini.
Bar harbor lobster bake

For the love of god please share. I don't know shit about Italian food.

Lady Zandra

Marinated some pork strips in Korean-style BBQ sauce (Teriyaki, brown sugar, Oyster sauce, fresh garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar and a little Sweet Baby Rays)... threw them on the grill last night with our burgers-- today they go into the crockpot for pulled pork!
A little dirty rice on the side, and I'll be a happy camper!
Hmm...maybe I need to make some cornbread.....?!

Lady Zandra

U must be NE?
Riggies?
Pasta fagioili
Chicken cacciatore
MaMa Mia!!!!!
I'm hungry!!!
I'm a Michigander (Michigoose?) But raised by Parents/Grandparents from South Carolina and Misssissippi!
Yeah- I do take shortcuts on sauces and such (sometimes) but nothings better than homemade from scratch...
And I don't cook 'health food'!! It's gonna have fat in it!

Oh, and.....uhm...what are "Riggies"?????