What youll eating

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Blueberry Bundt Cake...I was baked when i made the cake...Get started and it says CREAM CHEESE blueberry bundt cake.

WTF i dont have that. So i figured as long as i displace the stuff. Used 2 eggs and more flour and its like 1 giant bluebberry muffin.

I ordered 3 big bags of frozen berries and they subbed out blueberries for all 3. i was bummed about it but now im not. 2 for 2 awesome desserts.

When this is all over we will all be rolling out of here for a walk.

I want to give bread another go this week!

20200407_061422.jpg

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Dunno if you guys get these where you live ( Yellowfin Whiting). They’re bloody nice eating . Dinner coming up. I caught these while walking around the local mangroves in knee deep water barefoot. Dunno what I was thinking with Stingrays lurking and a particularly nasty blue crab taking a liking to my foot, little fucker just kept coming at me. Anyway I got a feed so I was happy60945EB6-C1EF-4A93-BE49-4C4391ED195F.jpeg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Pizza dough recipe perfection.

When I get more flour I will tackle bread again, this was with 110f water for the yeast and proofed it,

The dough was soft and elastic and nice and airy.

My best bread product to date.

1 step closer to the baked ery

The one to the right has jalapenos and hot Italian sausage.

It all vanished pretty fast

Tomorrow I might as well cook a turkey.

20200411_180220.jpg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Pizza dough recipe perfection.

When I get more flour I will tackle bread again, this was with 110f water for the yeast and proofed it,

The dough was soft and elastic and nice and airy.

My best bread product to date.

1 step closer to the baked ery

The one to the right has jalapenos and hot Italian sausage.

It all vanished pretty fast

Tomorrow I might as well cook a turkey.

View attachment 55884
That looks great! We had rectangular home made pizzas for dinner last night. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN SOME PICS. Oops. Caps lock.

Once I found out about the water temp, my bread skills got kicked up a notch. I hope it works good for you too.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Baked these light rye baguettes today. One is already gone. Walmart bleached flour is pretty darn good and it was cheap as hell. I figured I would check it out. I'm happy with the texture, usually I want the real big air pockets but I 'll take what I got with Rye(which is a bitch). Out of sesame seeds, so it got an everything bagel sprinkle on top. Stone is dusted with fine oatmeal.
bacquette.jpgbacquette2.jpg

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Happy Easter! Smaller fare than normal but better than nothing. Those kielbasa's are the real deal, straight from the polacks. Few eggs so only 2 balls of cheese. Only have a Dak ham bummer, and the supermarket owes us one but lines are out the door and down the block for the last 4 days. We did get the cheese bobka and poppyseed bread and the beets horseradish with the kielbasa. And some premium perogies as well. :) No extended family this year, but my own is here, safe and sound, albeit suffering from cabin fever. Wishing good health to all of you and yours!

kielbasa$cheese.jpgkeilbasa.jpgbeets&horseradish.jpgcake.jpg

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Cool. I have been using the instant dry for a while now. It freezes well, and for years. Just bought a 1 lb brick for $20. I load a jar for the fridge and freeze the rest. No need to proof the instant, just mix it in.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Will be baking some bread today. 5 cups broken into 4 club rolls and one round. Waiting on the third rise now, oven's on with a tray full of water on bottom. Steam! The round is in a banneton, but I have never had it hold the banneton shape yet.

Fairly lit on Topanga Wedding (y) so I'll ramble on with a recipe here :D

2 pm 3 cups flour and 1/3 teaspoon yeast. Water about 1 1/2 cups but that is different for everyone. So mix it with a fork, not soupy but a bit wet is ok. Knead it. Put away for 12 hrs to rise. Wet cloth covered.

2 am Time to feed her, Put 1/2 teaspoon yeast, 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons salt on top. Knead it in, add water as needed. You want to knead all the new in, so it's mixed well. Put away for 8 hrs covered.

10 am It's ready to make your final shapes. Knead, shape, turn your oven on 425 to 450, add a cookie sheet on bottom, fill that with water. I use a stone, so I heat that too.

11 am Put everything in the oven, bake at least 45 minutes.

Bread will be cool enough for lunch!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
12 hours? I ordered some flour...i hope i get some so i can get bread making. I am left with cake and pastry flour and that is not good for bread.