West Coast Chronicles

GOMM

PICK YOUR OWN
I truly mean strip when I say it. Once the day before flip. Within a week it's like I never touched them. Then around the end of week 3 after stretch settles basically. No issues yet genetics are strong or my babies just love making daddy his meds lmao. I get heavy again towards the end especially when mid and lower bud sites are clearly not as far along as the tops and prime light spots where they look more mature.
PREACH 🍻

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Question, we’re the ground pounders you’ve run lacking smell early on?
I don't have the best sniffer so I haven't spent a lot of time trying to discern early stem rubbing. I couldn't tell you definitively because I just don't recall the early stem rubs. What I can tell you is Ground Pounder and Black Abyss in flower are my two favorites of the four. In my opinion, they both smell absolutely phenomenal. I also really liked Citrol Sledgehammer too, but it's a different beast and smell. Blunt Force Trauma needs the most work. My goal was to infuse a stronger definitive smell into BCK because that's one major thing it was lacking. However she's proven difficult and didn't take the candied grape from the 9lb. Hammer male from what I've found so far.

Texagonian

Outlaw
I don't have the best sniffer so I haven't spent a lot of time trying to discern early stem rubbing. I couldn't tell you definitively because I just don't recall the early stem rubs. What I can tell you is Ground Pounder and Black Abyss in flower are my two favorites of the four. In my opinion, they both smell absolutely phenomenal. I also really liked Citrol Sledgehammer too, but it's a different beast and smell. Blunt Force Trauma needs the most work. My goal was to infuse a stronger definitive smell into BCK because that's one major thing it was lacking. However she's proven difficult and didn't take the candied grape from the 9lb. Hammer male from what I've found so far.
This is interesting. I’ll let you know how things turn out. I’ve been sniffing lower buds that rub on the underside. They’re getting sticky and frosty. I’m definitely enjoying growing them. Thank you🙏🏻

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
C
Update:

I harvested the flower tent on day 63 and I decided to make some minor tweaks in the flower tent for this next run.

1. I removed the carbon filter and inline fan. I repositioned them outside of the tent to clear out some head space.

2. I made some adjustments to the PVC rear wall I built so I could mount the large circulating fan to the very top of the tent.

3. I moved the F&D totes in.

4. I built a stand with a 2" drop for the Flora Flex I'm installing for the soil plants.

5. My new light components arrived and I built two additional lights. Thank you @Jesselikes2Grow for all of the help. You kick ass bro!

Heat sinks:
View attachment 40087

COB's: (10) Citizen 1212, 90 CRI, 3500K and (2) Citizen 1212 97 CRI 2700K. Ideal Mounts.
View attachment 40090

Built the frames and started assembly.
View attachment 40091

Far left is a six COB rail, 3500K, and ran with a 300w, dimmed, Meanwell driver. It's for the 2x4 tent. Don't worry, the COB's are mounted yet in this picture.

The two COB rails on the right are for supplemental perimeter lighting in the main flower tent. Each rail is set up as (3500k - 2700k - 3500k). They're ran with a 300w, dimmed, Meanwell driver as well.
View attachment 40088

I used 18 awg strand and tinned the tips. I wired them in series.
View attachment 40089

Here they are mounted in the flower tent. I'm really happy with how this worked out expanding the overall coverage. Pictured below is the pre-existing HLG-600. (I mounted the UVB's to its frame), and hung the new perimeter lights.
View attachment 40086

View attachment 40085

6. The F&D totes were stuck in veg for too long. (6 weeks) In anticipation for stretch and considering the limited head room, I decided to SCROG the F&D plants to control their height. I built this SCROG frame and then weaved the string with the plants in place like a FN surgeon. I decided to make 2.5" squares.
View attachment 40083

View attachment 40092

Here's the soil plants. Setting up the Flora Flex system is on deck.
View attachment 40084

This run is mainly all God O War and Moontang Mystery with a couple BCK sprinkled in. They've been in flower for two days. Good things to come and here's to an exciting 2020. Cheers
COBs!!!!!!!!👏👏👏 Nice!!!!!! COBS!!!!! Yaaaay!!!!
Oh yea,nice setup & plants....but......

COBS!!!!!....I can dig it.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Well, the leaf strip was a success. I may be implementing this in future grows depending on plant structure. I just got home from work and did a quick ph and ppm check. Totes swung up to 6.8 and ppm has been on a steady decline. I may change them this weekend and up the ppm to see if this helps but they’re kind of getting a wide range of availability for all nutrients so I’ll sleep on it. I don’t want to clog this up anymore so just pics and I’ll give names with placement now. Looking in back left is BFT #1, bottom left is CS #1, back right is BA #2 and lower right are GP # 1&2. GP #1 towards the center GP #2 lower far right. Disregard very middle back plant, it’s my sensi 2 liter comp plant. I’m still in it. Ok, here we go.4B918139-FF95-433A-9FC9-CCAB3F6E67BB.jpeg2DF2CC15-6DE0-4B82-8D00-C72114D26978.jpeg017B9999-B22D-4453-A390-2395AB7C4857.jpeg16C9B3D5-7E39-4600-8A1B-FDCD37D982D6.jpegBD94ED8F-0861-4908-A8F2-DD7B67DA6CF6.jpeg1FC83EF6-7496-4CC9-AEA3-EE17E46E6224.jpegDCFA4CD6-25C5-4102-9192-684E98EA6FFF.jpegC868C10E-CF74-4012-A47B-59C4D5CB4605.jpeg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Well, the leaf strip was a success. I may be implementing this in future grows depending on plant structure. I just got home from work and did a quick ph and ppm check. Totes swung up to 6.8 and ppm has been on a steady decline. I may change them this weekend and up the ppm to see if this helps but they’re kind of getting a wide range of availability for all nutrients so I’ll sleep on it. I don’t want to clog this up anymore so just pics and I’ll give names with placement now. Looking in back left is BFT #1, bottom left is CS #1, back right is BA #2 and lower right are GP # 1&2. GP #1 towards the center GP #2 lower far right. Disregard very middle back plant, it’s my sensi 2 liter comp plant. I’m still in it. Ok, here we go.View attachment 41040View attachment 41041View attachment 41042View attachment 41043View attachment 41044View attachment 41045View attachment 41046View attachment 41047
Nice defoliating job there @Texagonian . Really opens the plant up to more circulating air and light. Really looking forward to my present run were i can get back to pulling the plants out for inspection and defoliating. My last run with the Blumats prevented me from pulling out the plants on a regular basis. Long story but i paid for it dearly on my last run. Wound up throwing a few nanners on me ( totally my fault trying to get the Blumats dialed in) but i did not see them and wound up with some seeds in a few plants.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Well, the leaf strip was a success. I may be implementing this in future grows depending on plant structure. I just got home from work and did a quick ph and ppm check. Totes swung up to 6.8 and ppm has been on a steady decline. I may change them this weekend and up the ppm to see if this helps but they’re kind of getting a wide range of availability for all nutrients so I’ll sleep on it. I don’t want to clog this up anymore so just pics and I’ll give names with placement now. Looking in back left is BFT #1, bottom left is CS #1, back right is BA #2 and lower right are GP # 1&2. GP #1 towards the center GP #2 lower far right. Disregard very middle back plant, it’s my sensi 2 liter comp plant. I’m still in it. Ok, here we go.View attachment 41040View attachment 41041View attachment 41042View attachment 41043View attachment 41044View attachment 41045View attachment 41046View attachment 41047
Looking nice n clean good work Tex! 💪 can't wait to see em swell up. Your BFT is growing similar to my tallest one. It flattens. And spreads out more at the top. Interesting thing I've noticed (on mine) is all of the buds below the top bud seem to be growing bigger 🤔 overall the plant looks stout n healthy but the buds aren't as big as the other plants. I'm thinking it will pull a 4th quarter comeback and drop 2 TD's in 2 min lol.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Nice defoliating job there @Texagonian . Really opens the plant up to more circulating air and light. Really looking forward to my present run were i can get back to pulling the plants out for inspection and defoliating. My last run with the Blumats prevented me from pulling out the plants on a regular basis. Long story but i paid for it dearly on my last run. Wound up throwing a few nanners on me ( totally my fault trying to get the Blumats dialed in) but i did not see them and wound up with some seeds in a few plants.
Thank you @Capt C , I was nervous and even watched some green genes garden YouTube channel. I know I can ask here but I’m a audio and visual learner. I just reached in and started cleaning them up. Thanks for checking out my update. I’ll cruise through your journal and say what’s up✌🏻

Texagonian

Outlaw
Looking nice n clean good work Tex! 💪 can't wait to see em swell up. Your BFT is growing similar to my tallest one. It flattens. And spreads out more at the top. Interesting thing I've noticed (on mine) is all of the buds below the top bud seem to be growing bigger 🤔 overall the plant looks stout n healthy but the buds aren't as big as the other plants. I'm thinking it will pull a 4th quarter comeback and drop 2 TD's in 2 min lol.
@spyralout , my man! Just trying to treat the girls right. Good thing I’ve got some experience in that area😉😂. Yea man, I got like 6 plus weeks to go. I’m starting week three of flower. I decided I’m not counting from flip anymore. Starting count from first sign of sex/flower, it’s easier for me to keep track that way. From clones it easier because I feel they flip faster. I’m hoping for some nice specimens at the end. Gonna grab one of those exhale c02 bags. Used them before on small grows with nice results. I been looking around for some used gear but prices aren’t good as they were. I’m gonna jump over to your journal and check out yours🤘🏻✌🏻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
@spyralout , my man! Just trying to treat the girls right. Good thing I’ve got some experience in that area😉😂. Yea man, I got like 6 plus weeks to go. I’m starting week three of flower. I decided I’m not counting from flip anymore. Starting count from first sign of sex/flower, it’s easier for me to keep track that way. From clones it easier because I feel they flip faster. I’m hoping for some nice specimens at the end. Gonna grab one of those exhale c02 bags. Used them before on small grows with nice results. I been looking around for some used gear but prices aren’t good as they were. I’m gonna jump over to your journal and check out yours🤘🏻✌🏻
I'm not sure if I posted the one I'm referring to or not 😂 it's a MF to get in there. The camera I got for free will hopefully help with that it's got 40x optical zoom. It's just more cumbersome than a phone, snap, take notes, post. So it may be a while before I use it consistently.
When you flip from first sign of flower, is that around 3 weeks after flip? So for a usual 9 week strain you would count 6 from there or 9 from there?

Texagonian

Outlaw
I'm not sure if I posted the one I'm referring to or not 😂 it's a MF to get in there. The camera I got for free will hopefully help with that it's got 40x optical zoom. It's just more cumbersome than a phone, snap, take notes, post. So it may be a while before I use it consistently.
When you flip from first sign of flower, is that around 3 weeks after flip? So for a usual 9 week strain you would count 6 from there or 9 from there?
So what I mean is I’m not counting 9 weeks from first day of 12/12 or at least with a plant grown from seed. So yes, 8-9 weeks from first sign of flower usually a couple weeks after the flip. These showed sex before flip as I gave them a longer veg and not flower from seed. I don’t think I care for that method too much, just my preference. Stoked to see your new photos and that you got a free camera. Way cool man, I’m sure you’ll get it dialed in and have some magazine quality pics in no time.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
So what I mean is I’m not counting 9 weeks from first day of 12/12 or at least with a plant grown from seed. So yes, 8-9 weeks from first sign of flower usually a couple weeks after the flip. These showed sex before flip as I gave them a longer veg and not flower from seed. I don’t think I care for that method too much, just my preference. Stoked to see your new photos and that you got a free camera. Way cool man, I’m sure you’ll get it dialed in and have some magazine quality pics in no time.
Sorry for being dense. Just want to understand. So I'm counting from flip regardless of sex. Typically 9 weeks to finish. Based on your method, if they're showing sex 3 weeks after flip, I'd be finishing at 12 weeks?

Texagonian

Outlaw
Sorry for being dense. Just want to understand. So I'm counting from flip regardless of sex. Typically 9 weeks to finish. Based on your method, if they're showing sex 3 weeks after flip, I'd be finishing at 12 weeks?
Not dense man, all good. So I quit the transition/ waiting for pistils or pre flowers to show and counting those days as part of flower. Maybe I shouldn’t count that way. I suppose it would be a twelve week instead of 9. Maybe I should stick to how it’s been done for years. Good call man. I think I’m the dense one😂🍻

Texagonian

Outlaw
Not dense man, all good. So I quit the transition/ waiting for pistils or pre flowers to show and counting those days as part of flower. Maybe I shouldn’t count that way. I suppose it would be a twelve week instead of 9. Maybe I should stick to how it’s been done for years. Good call man. I think I’m the dense one😂🍻
Hey bro, I just went back and counted the since flip day and I’m at day 21. If I shaved a well or so off for the wait on show it’d be like day 14-15. 🍻

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Hey bro, I just went back and counted the since flip day and I’m at day 21. If I shaved a well or so off for the wait on show it’d be like day 14-15. 🍻
I think it's all relative as long as you keep the math in check. I just count at flip cuz it's a standard I can go by for all plants, instead of having to remember what's what for each strain that decides to show sex at different times.

Texagonian

Outlaw
I think it's all relative as long as you keep the math in check. I just count at flip cuz it's a standard I can go by for all plants, instead of having to remember what's what for each strain that decides to show sex at different times.
I can dig that. I think that’s what I should do as well. It was something I was thinking about doing but I can see where it can get confusing. I did record the flip date so that was a blessing. No more dry stoned ideas for me🤣