Vertical Goodness and Other Batshit Craziness

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I actually found the use of a chiller using beneficial bacteria was no good. The bennies need warmer water to survive. When I started using the uv sterilizer and uc roots which is not pool shock as people claim , I had 0 issues and never used a chiller again. Around that time I had to be able to move the plants into pollination rooms so dwc was kinda impractical anymore. I would love to build a waterfall setup maybe with a master control tote with major forced oxygen and it would recirculate to the rest of the system. No need to waterfall each bucket if your system recirculates because the oxygen goes with the water.
When I saw the original UnderCurrent design, it pissed me off; the only bucket getting a good mix was the also the only bucket they didn't want you putting a plant in!

The waterfalls aerate, churn, agitate and mix each tub site so they provide multiple benefits.

Streetpro09

Tester
I have always kinda wanted to cut a nice slab of root booty meat off one of my girls after harvest & then toss it in a crock pot with a nice hunk of smoked sausage and a couple purtatos. Cook em till they are nice and soft then break out the Gludens and NOM NOM NOM. I bet they are decently tasty.
View attachment 104018
Judging by the smell of boiling roots on the stove, I'd be surprised if they didn't ruin whatever you put in the crock pot with them. You'll have to try it and let us know.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Awe snap! H check this clever bastages water pump mod out. I bet that actually works like a charm!
2:25
Looks like some sort of venturi design, not crazy about them because it basically does the same as air pumps. Just adding air bubbles. They don't add oxygen to the water till they break on the surface. I read a really good article about 8 years ago about a dude that actually had an o2 meter and tested different effects of dissolved oxygen and water falls were the best hands down by a pretty good margin. It's the surface break that actually adds DO to water. Aquatic life can also. I personally thing several jets pointed downward into the water would raise DO more than anything u can use. Equal delivery to your buckets without clogs and back ups, easy to put up and take down, no leaks, non cluttered, no milk crates or pumps in the way and unnecessary pipes is key to a good design imo

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
When I saw the original UnderCurrent design, it pissed me off; the only bucket getting a good mix was the also the only bucket they didn't want you putting a plant in!

The waterfalls aerate, churn, agitate and mix each tub site so they provide multiple benefits.
Yeah the air stones pick up the slack but I always felt like it was the return line that added the majority of the oxygen. I think a master epi that recirculates oxygenated water would eliminate the need to waterfall each individual bucket especially when the bucket is filled up the roots with no surface water to break.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I have always kinda wanted to cut a nice slab of root booty meat off one of my girls after harvest & then toss it in a crock pot with a nice hunk of smoked sausage and a couple purtatos. Cook em till they are nice and soft then break out the Gludens and NOM NOM NOM. I bet they are decently tasty.
View attachment 104018
You are a wacky dude lol

On a serious note, my GF, goddess of hemp that she is, says there's a bunch of valuable cannabinoids in the roots and there are health benefits to the material extracted from them.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
When I would add a single 80 gallon fish tank filter with double waterfall to my top off totes I would never get diatomes in them. No matter what I did they would always stay clean. No algae. I kicked around the idea for a while but never felt the need to go any further with research and development. Seems like now getting bored lately I'm the time to play around with something.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
When I would add a single 80 gallon fish tank filter with double waterfall to my top off totes I would never get diatomes in them. No matter what I did they would always stay clean. No algae. I kicked around the idea for a while but never felt the need to go any further with research and development. Seems like now getting bored lately I'm the time to play around with something.
I'm in! I wouldn't mind not having to keep the RDWC cold.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Tell me all about them, brother!
I use the 96 diode sunboard strips from growdaddy.com.
I build them in all configurations. My personal setup is 2700k on half the strips and 2700k on the other half w/ added reds, blues and a few uv.
The configurations are pretty endless. Thia last build was 750 watts of strips.
We did 5 rows of 50" heatsinks, 3 strips each sink. We used two drivers. Each pulls 390 at the wall. The final size was 50 x 50 and around 9 inches between heatsinks. The lux was around 20,000 @18" away over a 5x5 area. 1212211307_HDR.jpg1212211155.jpg
This tent is 4x4 with 8 50w strips.
36 x 36 fixture.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I use the 96 diode sunboard strips from growdaddy.com.
I build them in all configurations. My personal setup is 2700k on half the strips and 2700k on the other half w/ added reds, blues and a few uv.
The configurations are pretty endless. Thia last build was 750 watts of strips.
We did 5 rows of 50" heatsinks, 3 strips each sink. We used two drivers. Each pulls 390 at the wall. The final size was 50 x 50 and around 9 inches between heatsinks. The lux was around 20,000 @18" away over a 5x5 area. View attachment 104046View attachment 104047
This tent is 4x4 with 8 50w strips.
36 x 36 fixture.
I might get u to put me together something for 2 2x4s for my reverse mom's. Send me a quote