Turpman’s tent

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Well it’s fugly but it’s working 6 min to flood and about 8 to drain. Out of the black 10gal. Flushing it 230pm the SLH and Cookies and chem. Had to run a smaller hose on the drain pump the hose draining back was enough to fill the little red and lift the float. Also drilled a little hole so the pump hose drains back to the res.77C3C9DE-FE56-4FFD-B8B3-E9246AB033DE.jpeg

It's a definate Chem D trait, all of my Chems have had the double serrations sporadically on the leaves. Leaf variegation also sporadically.
I've noticed the stinkier, more potent chemical fumey smelling ones have more of them than others that have a more muted smell.
@Schwaggy P would likely have a way more in depth answer than that, hes a master at the plant structure and associated traits.
The double serration of leaves can be a trait that affects every leaf margin or just a few, seemingly without an observable pattern. The Chem D does express the intermittent double serration. Here is a side by side of a Chem D leaf and a Chem D hybrid expressing the double serration (Blue line) (along with a couple other traits):
chemd vs. cdbk-1.jpg
The double serrated leaf trait is most closely associated with Exodus Cheese and Skunks more generally (Exodus Cheese is a pheno of Skunk#1). My Green Crack S1 expresses the double serration, presumably owing to Skunk#1 parentage:
GC serration.jpg
It is thought that this trait originated from either Himalayan or Afghani landrace plants. Breaking down the parentage of the Skunk = Afghani x Mexican x Columbian, we see the Afghani presence. This may hint at the origin of the Skunk's double serration, but it's speculation.

The Chem D's propensity to express the double serration could be considered further evidence that the Afghani has a bigger role than just "Skunk". While we don't know exactly what Chemdog is the result of, Skunk VA (the guy who held Chem'91) is adamant he sees Afghani in the Chemdogs.

Considering our current gene pool has been "folded over" on itself and hybridized to death, I have had non-Skunk plants express this trait. Unfortunately, doubly serrate leaves are not a guarantee of exceptional chemotypes and mostly serves as a visual affect. If you are breeding with a plant that has this trait, it can be used as a genetic marker for dominance in progeny. I'm currently working a project with the Green Crack S1 pictured above and I am using the serration as a way to spot GC dom progeny early.

Whether the trait is good or bad will be sussed out when you do final smoke testing. If you find your particular doubly serrate pheno checks all of your boxes, then it could be said that in that instance (and any subsequent progeny you make with it) the trait is good. Ultimately, it is as relevant as any other observable trait in the absence of further information.

Opie1

Master Grower
I grew a Strawberry Eclair from DNA that was one of the most skunky smelling plants I’ve ever grown, it was also variegated. Not sure where the strawberries were, but the skunk was definitely present. I’ve got pics on my old phone, I’ll try to add them.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
The double serration of leaves can be a trait that affects every leaf margin or just a few, seemingly without an observable pattern. The Chem D does express the intermittent double serration. Here is a side by side of a Chem D leaf and a Chem D hybrid expressing the double serration (Blue line) (along with a couple other traits):
The double serrated leaf trait is most closely associated with Exodus Cheese and Skunks more generally (Exodus Cheese is a pheno of Skunk#1). My Green Crack S1 expresses the double serration, presumably owing to Skunk#1 parentage:
It is thought that this trait originated from either Himalayan or Afghani landrace plants. Breaking down the parentage of the Skunk = Afghani x Mexican x Columbian, we see the Afghani presence. This may hint at the origin of the Skunk's double serration, but it's speculation.

The Chem D's propensity to express the double serration could be considered further evidence that the Afghani has a bigger role than just "Skunk". While we don't know exactly what Chemdog is the result of, Skunk VA (the guy who held Chem'91) is adamant he sees Afghani in the Chemdogs.

Considering our current gene pool has been "folded over" on itself and hybridized to death, I have had non-Skunk plants express this trait. Unfortunately, doubly serrate leaves are not a guarantee of exceptional chemotypes and mostly serves as a visual affect. If you are breeding with a plant that has this trait, it can be used as a genetic marker for dominance in progeny. I'm currently working a project with the Green Crack S1 pictured above and I am using the serration as a way to spot GC dom progeny early.

Whether the trait is good or bad will be sussed out when you do final smoke testing. If you find your particular doubly serrate pheno checks all of your boxes, then it could be said that in that instance (and any subsequent progeny you make with it) the trait is good. Ultimately, it is as relevant as any other observable trait in the absence of further information.
Awesome thanks for the insight. I had one other plant from the same pack that had a little verrigation and leaf curve.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Yes we are all very fortunate to have shwaggy here.

Checking on buds tonight. I think the burnt rubber may turn into something cookie like.LOL I’m still quite green at growing. Examining the roots from the recent chop. Didn’t look the greatest. Room for improvement there.
SLH lower quite frosty too.
F082A15E-774B-41DC-878C-84B4D8E944E5.png
And another f the 🍪 and chem.203F2EA2-513C-46F7-83E2-EBF63991ACFD.jpeg