Turpman’s tent

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Looks good man. I’m not really a fan of the phenos with the jagged ‘dandelion’ fan leaves, I never flowered any of them out though.
Are all the ones you’ve found like that?
any reason you're not a fan because I'm not either but my reason is simple I just don't like the way they look lol
I'd have to look. Pretty sure I have some root issues. May be causing some odd looking growth. I'll get some more picks up.
what's going on with your roots?
Just started flowering a plant with leaves just like that, be interesting to see what I get.
my 4 mutant SDxPP all have leaves like that. I attributed it to irregular growth that they may eventually grow out of.
What's this dark side u speak of?
Ahaha if I only could stay on top of threads

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Addition of the HRV is to control humidity? Always thought that would be a good way to bring in outside air to the grow space, without having such an impact on temperature.
Ya I used to use just a blower. Problem is is my vent goes into the roof of my shop and travels to the back end about 25'. In winter when its cold my vent line tends to freeze off even though I wrapped it with insulation. Also makes a huge stalagmite where it drips. My boys found it and had to smash the shit out of it last winter LOL I do run a carbon filter but as you probly know they work good for a bit and then start passing some stink. That's the reason I vent at the back. Gives some time for the smell to diffuse befor getting to the front yard. Im in the country so I don't care but the wif get pissy.
I figure the ventilator will condense most water in it before it goes out. It has 2 cores. I did notice some condensation in the out pipe so I sloped it back the the ventilator, hoping I don't get freeze offs. -20c is when it's starts to going for shit. Then I noticed the vent is not designed for water running back in the out vent so I had to build a trough to get the drip to the core where it has a drain.,always something LOL
The vent isn't 100% efficient so the air coming in is cool and does help with temp. Sure smells nice and fresh in there now, should help.
I'm hoping I can get away with no dehu. or AC during the cold months. Shutting down the flower room for the summer and moving to the greenhouse with light dep this spring. Got to find a nice sativa, veg inside and start flowering in July in the GH.
="yougrowyourway, post: 57080, member: 38"

what's going on with your roots?
Rot issues. Tried bennies, just too expensive in Can to get good ones. And didn't have very good results. Trying sterile this run with pool shock and or H202.
I'm on well and it's 600ppm so I use RO. I'm guessing some bad bugs get by and contaminate my system. Using the UV sterilizer and the odd shot of shock or h2O2 on the new run to see how it goes.

Last edited:

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Ya I used to use just a blower. Problem is is my vent goes into the roof of my shop and travels to the back end about 25'. In winter when its cold my vent line tends to freeze off even though I wrapped it with insulation. Also makes a huge stalagmite where it drips. My boys found it and had to smash the shit out of it last winter LOL I do run a carbon filter but as you probly know they work good for a bit and then start passing some stink. That's the reason I vent at the back. Gives some time for the smell to diffuse befor getting to the front yard. Im in the country so I don't care but the wif get pissy.
I figure the ventilator will condense most water in it before it goes out. It has 2 cores. I did notice some condensation in the out pipe so I sloped it back the the ventilator, hoping I don't get freeze offs. -20c is when it's starts to going for shit. Then I noticed the vent is not designed for water running back in the out vent so I had to build a trough to get the drip to the core where it has a drain.,always something LOL
The vent isn't 100% efficient so the air coming in is cool and does help with temp. Sure smells nice and fresh in there now, should help.
I'm hoping I can get away with no dehu. or AC during the cold months. Shutting down the flower room for the summer and moving to the greenhouse with light dep this spring. Got to find a nice sativa, veg inside and start flowering in July in the GH.
Thanks for the info.

Working building onto my garage so I can get things moved out of the house. Ill be venting outside, mainly for fresh air. Air will come from the garage which is conditioned space. (Not sure on air exchanges per hour, my biggest concern is making sure I got c02 so guessing it won't be much of a fan) Don't want to shut the door and seal the room up and have the plants run out of air.

You could or should probably run the line out in pvc(think thin drain line like for a septic, schedule 21 pipe), slope it from the outside to inside, lowest point inside have a tee or some sort of drain, that's trapped. That will collect the water and keep from having an ice sculpture outside. (Though the boys may be let down)
Similar concept on a condensing furnace/boiler or water heater. Everything slopes back to the unit, then drains out into your drain.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Ya hard pipe would be the way to go. I had a length of insulated and it looks water tight so that will have to be the test. I'm not sure why the vent was not designed to deal with water retuning from the out pipe. I guess most houses don't have 60% RH in the winter. It was only a couple of inches to rout the water from the in fitting to the core. It is making water but no where near what I'm feeding so a lot is going out.

Previously I ran a dimmer on my vent blower. Set it just enough to keep the RH down. Temp was good.