True UV Lights to eradicate white mold.

Sativa Kid

My grow space is an outdoor/indoor space. I naturally have white mold present and have completely eradicated it with a treatment I cooked up from past Industrial experience. This treatment uses ozone gas byproduct from a true UV Light. I run my lamp for 10 minutes during the daily light cycle. During this 10 minutes the ozone level gets dangerously high in the grow space but is exhausted gradually over the next hour. This Ozone kills white mold and the UV light promotes resin production. But 10 minutes is the max because the ozone and UV Light are hard on the leaves. I did thorough testing while developing this method and went from always a war with mold especially during the colder months to mold free. And for the first time I can drop the temp in the flower room during lights off without getting a mold explosion.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
My grow space is an outdoor/indoor space. I naturally have white mold present and have completely eradicated it with a treatment I cooked up from past Industrial experience. This treatment uses ozone gas byproduct from a true UV Light. I run my lamp for 10 minutes during the daily light cycle. During this 10 minutes the ozone level gets dangerously high in the grow space but is exhausted gradually over the next hour. This Ozone kills white mold and the UV light promotes resin production. But 10 minutes is the max because the ozone and UV Light are hard on the leaves. I did thorough testing while developing this method and went from always a war with mold especially during the colder months to mold free. And for the first time I can drop the temp in the flower room during lights off without getting a mold explosion.
Milk to water 6:4. This works very, very well. Then if you’re having that much trouble get the Airo420 home wall banger unit. A friend on the Island has one and she says it works better than she expected it to. It solved basically all her problems, that and new/more secure filters.

Sativa Kid

I successfully killed pm with uv-c. 10 minutea max. Lights on and lights off. I'm not sire what "ozone" it creates. But it worls. Just dont look at it!
The gas tubes create ozone. This is something I worked with as the plant engineer years ago. It can be dangerous but nothing like it for mold. My growspace is outdoors in Canada, it naturally breeds mold. But not since I installed the system.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Nitrogen expands stretching the cell walls making them thin easier for mold and insects to feed off your plants..
I run an O3 generator a couple times a day and I have PM still. I was pushing too much N and had overcrowding.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's a neat experiment, and I can see it being beneficial against mold, but anything that is dangerous to the plants (or you) if overdone needs a second look. Maybe expanded on or tweaked to reduce the chance of problems.

You may just not have the right strain for your grow environment/style?

Sativa Kid

It's a neat experiment, and I can see it being beneficial against mold, but anything that is dangerous to the plants (or you) if overdone needs a second look. Maybe expanded on or tweaked to reduce the chance of problems.

You may just not have the right strain for your grow environment/style?
If you read the original post you will see that I have a moldy environment, hard to explain but I have an outdoor grow room with a dirt floor covered in gravel. It was the perfect experiment for a mold test. And I nailed it after after pushing the limits to failure on purpose. Things I learned from being machine designer. Anyways I load the grow room up to the prescribed level of ozone once a day while I'm sleeping and exhaust it after 15 minutes. I know this is great stuff for those that understand ozone as you. After tweaking my system I forgot about the system and mold. 18 months successfully running completely passive system that works in my moldy environment. And in my experience I've learned that ozone is the best cure for a one time deal. In my test I treated plants that very moldy and 5 weeks into flower. I hit them hard enough to damage a lot of the foliage. Kills the mold without destroying the smoke.

Last edited:

Sativa Kid

I successfully killed pm with uv-c. 10 minutea max. Lights on and lights off. I'm not sire what "ozone" it creates. But it worls. Just dont look at it!
The UV-C LED's cause good light for the plants no doubt but the amount of rays in sunlight is astronomical. The ozone gas is powerful and my system is safe because my light only generates a fixed amount of ozone and 10 minutes mildly saturates my 4' x 4' grow space.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Sounds good but this system is totally passive. It works while I sleep every day. The only problem is ozone is dangerous if you stay in it for a while.
It's dangerous period, will damage your lungs permanently, don't play with this shit. Fix your humidity problem and the mold will go away.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I hit them hard enough to damage a lot of the foliage. Kills the mold without destroying the smoke.
Yahtzee! If you are damaging ANYTHING you are damaging the smoke.

Get better ventillation, better plants, or shift to living soil since you are outside. Healthy soil and plants is the best defense against any pest or mold problem.

bk-og

Moose cocks, or bust
If you read the original post you will see that I have a moldy environment, hard to explain but I have an outdoor grow room with a dirt floor covered in gravel. It was the perfect experiment for a mold test. And I nailed it after after pushing the limits to failure on purpose. Things I learned from being machine designer. Anyways I load the grow room up to the prescribed level of ozone once a day while I'm sleeping and exhaust it after 15 minutes. I know this is great stuff for those that understand ozone as you. After tweaking my system I forgot about the system and mold. 18 months successfully running completely passive system that works in my moldy environment. And in my experience I've learned that ozone is the best cure for a one time deal. In my test I treated plants that very moldy and 5 weeks into flower. I hit them hard enough to damage a lot of the foliage. Kills the mold without destroying the smoke.

God I hope you don’t sell this trash to unsuspecting patient’s

Sativa Kid

It's dangerous period, will damage your lungs permanently, don't play with this shit. Fix your humidity problem and the mold will go away.
You didn't read the whole post. I was the Head Engineer in the pioneer days of bottled water, I know this stuff. And I can tell you that under trained hands ozone can be a cure for some white mold problem. My environment will always have certain challenges as my shed type deal is in my back yard in Canada and I make the best of it. But I learned a lot from my controlled experiment. And even tested it on moldy plants entering the 3rd week of flower. I doubled the time I usually run my UV Light/Ozone Generator and exposed the plants to 3 days of ozone only. Then backed off to my passive daily one shot of 10 minutes. And I had a little leaf damage almost like if the plant was too close to the lights. I trimmed the damaged leaves and the plants finished with good smoke. But of course you could argue losing leaves at that critical time will effected the bud size, and I agree. But try purging a flower room on the fly from white mold without losing your crop and only sacrifice 10% of the yield. And yes Ozone is dangerous! This information is for the advancement of the knowledge of growing Cannabis and should only be used by trained individuals and the many pitfalls of Ozone are not listed here. Anyone actually wanting to do something like this may contact me personally for more detailed instructions. Don't play with Ozone!

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm thinking that if you are in the great white north growing weed outdoors you might need to become the Indica Kid and get that shit harvested before it molds...

m4s73r

The Laziest
I'm still not seeing why you dont have a dehumidifier keeping your humidity low enough. I wont argue that ozone and UV-C will eradicate pm. I think we're more in a area of "you shouldn't have it to begin with, fix your grow environment". I mean if we look at the cost of a 140L dehumidifier with pump vs UV-C and Ozone, its kind of a no brainier.

As for steralization, most people know that UV is good for that. Hydro guy been using UV sterilizers in their reservoir tanks for years.

Sativa Kid

I'm still not seeing why you dont have a dehumidifier keeping your humidity low enough. I wont argue that ozone and UV-C will eradicate pm. I think we're more in a area of "you shouldn't have it to begin with, fix your grow environment". I mean if we look at the cost of a 140L dehumidifier with pump vs UV-C and Ozone, its kind of a no brainier.

As for steralization, most people know that UV is good for that. Hydro guy been using UV sterilizers in their reservoir tanks for years.
I run my whole mini greenhouse on a 15 amp circuit. Humidity is only a problem from time to time. Fans, Light, Exhaust fans, heaters when needed. Everything is related to peak current draw. And most dehumidifiers pull 5 amps at least. I have fixed my grow environment but people have been trained to argue on the Internet. Even when a man with a high level of expertise shares some golden nuggets of special information not available to most. Not one person added to the scenario, only shot it down. The proof is in the pudding. I grow strain any strain successfully in my environment, now!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I run my whole mini greenhouse on a 15 amp circuit. Humidity is only a problem from time to time. Fans, Light, Exhaust fans, heaters when needed. Everything is related to peak current draw. And most dehumidifiers pull 5 amps at least. I have fixed my grow environment but people have been trained to argue on the Internet. Even when a man with a high level of expertise shares some golden nuggets of special information not available to most. Not one person added to the scenario, only shot it down. The proof is in the pudding. I grow strain any strain successfully in my environment, now!
Go back and read your first post. NOTHING about the hazards - you say it's hard on the leaves - and it sounds like you are selling it as the secret preferred magic for mold. It ain't. If you are growing for production and need to slang them pounds to pay rent then you do what you gotta do. If you do it for your headstash that's just sad in more ways than one.