Triple Berry + Hydro

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Looks like your having a little better luck with the hydro roots.

The seed popping and rapid rooters, to me the rooters look on the wet side. There is a fine line between too wet and too dry. Too wet and rot can start because of the anaerobic media. It's ok to let the dry out a little, makes the plant send out more roots and keeps the nastys away.
What I do is keep the rapid rooters in a cheep dollar store tray that they fit perfect in. This keeps moisture loss from the sides to a minimum. Also keep them under a dome in a seed tray. This reduces needing to water them often. And when I do water I use a 1mill squeeze pipette. I use a tweezer to pull the rooter out to feel the weight, good way to tell if it's wet.
Instead of using coco to fill the hole. Use a small tweezer and pull a small amount of rooter from the side and push it in the hole, than you dont have odd stuff floating around in your hydro. For the plants that want to fall over I use a small zip tie, cut to length+1/2" sharp point. Poke in edge of cube and use a twist tie to support the spindler. Good luck growing plants is an every day learning experience.

PhatNuggz

A couple days ago I noticed signs of RR again. Why? Well, when I put LOL into the coffee container I wasn't careful about the water level. Obviously, it was too high. Been soaking her in and out of h202 over the last couple days. I did lose some lower leafs. pH was hard to control, rising over 8

To be safe, I made fresh nutes (600ppm/1 EC) for LOL so she can get back on track

PhatNuggz

Early on in this 4 BBCC X G13 it looked like 2 were not going to make it, but they. In the mean time I dropped 2 more and they're doing well too, but there's no room in my bubbler. Going to try my lpa + hpa mist heads again

PhatNuggz

Plant in F & D looking good. I had to make a few o/o time adjustments as water level in the tote was a tad low

Oddly, the other large plant has been drooping since moving her from one hole in the bubbler to the middle

PhatNuggz

After years of successful hydro grows I have struggled with RR for my last 3 grows. None more frustrating then my current grow with 3 plants in THE SAME BUBBLER, but one got a bad case of RR, and one not as bad but went into a wilt that it has yet to recover from

Using a 4 head air pump with 4 sintered stones running 24/7 and I am using enzymes

Been taking them out and soaking in h2O2 many times a day, which has worked

The plant in the upper left was huge so I moved her to my F & D with fresh nutes, but in less than 24 hours she severely wilted to the point that I put her back in the bubbler, then after 24 hours of zero response I cut off a lot of primary leafs that were not recovering, and pulling valuable resources from the smaller leafs. See started recovering yesterday morning. Maybe the F & D pump had something in it that came back to life after rehydrating. Will be diligent to run pumps in h202 prior to reusing, but that still doesn't account for 2/3 plants in the same bubbler getting RR

The plant in the middle semi-wilted BUT the plant in the lower right never had an issue

IMG_4723.JPGIMG_4724.JPG

PhatNuggz

Finally seeing the plants starting to grow new leafs

Following BBs lead, I am rethinking everything, though not so sure about some light leak into the rez being an issue, but hey, that's an easy fix, so did that too, but probably >95% was blocked

I thought it best to make fresh nutes, so I drained the week old nutes, but before adding the fresh nutes I ran enough h2o water to cover the stones for 10 minutes, then used my HD vacuum to drain and clean off a small amount of residue from the floor of the tote and on top of the stone discs. Also, I soaked all 3 plants up to the middle of the root riots in a h2o2 bath for ~ 10 minutes, which I ve been doing daily lately

Nutes: Emerald Harvest (which Ive been using throughout this grow) CaMg + 3 Part + (as per their feeding chart Emerald Goddess, they also say Honey Chome and Root Wizard though I chose not to add them, yet

So, fingers crossed that at least one of these things will solve my RR issues for once and for all

PhatNuggz

A grower from a different site suggested Dutch Master new Zone. I have a 4+ yo bottle of Zone, so I added some to my dunk jar and gave each plant's roots a few minutes in it

I then added ~ 3 tsps Zone to my 3g rez. now it's bubbling like crazy, but will settle down

Will check into the new Zone, though I suspect it is only for sterile rezes, which I am willing to do. Come to think of it, I never had these issues when I was running sterile

All 3 new leafs are healthy green. 2/3 plants leafs are turgid and horizontal, but one is still slightly below horizontal

1/3 appears to be a male. Since I already collected pollen from the previous male and pollinated =LOL I don't need another stinkin' male

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
A grower from a different site suggested Dutch Master new Zone. I have a 4+ yo bottle of Zone, so I added some to my dunk jar and gave each plant's roots a few minutes in it

I then added ~ 3 tsps Zone to my 3g rez. now it's bubbling like crazy, but will settle down

Will check into the new Zone, though I suspect it is only for sterile rezes, which I am willing to do. Come to think of it, I never had these issues when I was running sterile

All 3 new leafs are healthy green. 2/3 plants leafs are turgid and horizontal, but one is still slightly below horizontal

1/3 appears to be a male. Since I already collected pollen from the previous male and pollinated =LOL I don't need another stinkin' male
PetFlora,

You've been running or trying to run things the exact same way and it is not working. Try something new, something simpler.

You've had these issues always.

Why don't you try something like a two part, or a one part. And just ph up and down. Ditch the additives, except for maybe hydroguard. (I use EH calmag)

I don't know what your environment is like either. Until you get a handle on what is going on you should run 65-68%rh and 70-72f 24/7 to give them a chance to recover.

To me, it looks like your water temps are too high on top of other issues.

I also think you should switch to 2.5" net cups and use no medium at all, just neoprene collars. I like the ponicsfarm net cups they're sturdy. It doesn't matter if you can only reuse them a couple times, we're not running through a thousand plants a week so you don't need reusable medium.

You should switch back to normal low pressure sprinkler heads, but keep the filter sock on your pump. I filter to one micron to get no clogs with those exact nozzles and you don't have the pressure to do that. It will cause you endless problems.

Best of luck,

Dstroy

PhatNuggz

My dumb ass neglected to read the directions on the Zone bottle. Since my girls are finally in recovery, I dumped the nutes and made fresh with 1 ml Zone/g

Destoy, once Im 100% confident I have the RR completely sorted I will try my LPA mist heads with large pump as those roots were really lovely until I started adding bennies and RR creeped in.

Look at the root pic (lpa + mist heads) should have been massive plants, but the roots went to hell from RR. Still, I managed a SMALL harvest, which was quite good, BUT...

IMG_4232.JPGIMG_4166.JPG, these

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
LOL (tripleberry) is developing a more defined top cola in spite of almost no roots to feed her

the BBCCx G13 in the front left is developing one too
I would be looking at temperatures of your water. I use GH 3 part nutrients with hydroguard and keep the water temperature between 65 to 68 degrees and have never had RR. Always clean everything with bleach or 39% hydrogen peroxide. I believe heisenbean recommends 20 ml per gallon of water and run for several hours I run a alita linear air pump and pound it with air.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I would be looking at temperatures of your water. I use GH 3 part nutrients with hydroguard and keep the water temperature between 65 to 68 degrees and have never had RR. Always clean everything with bleach or 39% hydrogen peroxide. I believe heisenbean recommends 20 ml per gallon of water and run for several hours I run a alita linear air pump and pound it with air.
29 ml per gallon is for bleach.