FC7A0D04-A2B5-4D31-9506-863A64B534B1.jpeg
14โ€ of UVC goodness
C8DAEE16-9E86-492B-94D9-49D3652B919B.jpeg
This has to be done after lights out
University study shows that Pm
Shuts down its repair mechanism
At night so thatโ€™s when we slaughter
PM tonight is the first treatment.
I have pics now before so we can see effectiveness I can treat no more than 2-3 x per week posting pics in next post ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบ

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Starting week 9 Monday
Here are some flower pic with Pm we are treating. Letโ€™s see the difference if any before and after.
All before UVC treatment pics
ECSD
141FA0A1-500E-4A85-BB70-4AE0DA387F6F.jpeg
Sundae banana cookies
7DF6EFAA-7620-4CFB-B3A1-9DA7C24F578E.jpeg
Punch bubble
F474C1D0-017B-41AA-8E4C-8DD73AD778A4.jpeg
GMO Adub
F6918F9E-5FAD-4AAC-852E-A74E9CA3E3BC.jpeg
Purple Alien ๐Ÿ‘พ
31F3F81B-0C0F-49A4-9F80-5868D2E75B05.jpeg
Gorilla ๐Ÿฆ punch ๐ŸฅŠ
92688C9A-FD4D-4F44-9E4C-15C4A810FFA0.jpeg
Purple crunch
2AEB8B5A-4277-40C2-B607-EC484854617C.jpeg
BLossom orange daiquiri BODA
4E2D04A3-390F-4CBA-9CAD-98A1A81C138E.jpeg
GMO Kush
5080BECD-B2FF-47FB-8103-714E05A5B664.jpeg
Wedding Adub
C8C8C8C9-7E47-42AF-88AE-8E6A2FDD5B98.jpeg
Itโ€™s been 1 hr after lights out in 20 min I start the uVC light treatment.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Ok finished first treatment and I am going to change the projector reflector to a shallow roasting foil pan.
From what I have read the light from the lamp must be nearer to the plant surface for shorter time periods of exposure to be effective. I had great projected uVC light through the canopy but I had to re sweep a couple of times. Next treatment again will be Tuesday so we shall keep check for
pM regression & removal.
Remember at the end we are doing the 3% Hydrogen peroxide solution bath for all my flowers. Sanitation is key now that I realized of everything is in the air at any given time or stage during the grow veg and at flower and whether your inside or outdoor once you harvest you must sanitize your flower from all fungi , bacteria, spores & all kinds of feces sources insects. birds, animal, human
Take no chances every bud deserves
The sanitizing h2O2 3% solution bath.
All the best in your grow
๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบ

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Ok just finished the second treatment I divided each 4x4 area in half and spent 10seconds of direct bulb pan contact with flowers that fit into the pan. Side then tops all the way down then slow sweepclose over the canopy the switched to the other side rinse &repeat. Broken down that makes 7 4x4 spaces treated. Spent quite a lot contact time so I m expecting
To see some real pm pull back especially from the GMO ADUB .... (Pictured above)
that should be the deciding factor of UV treatment against pm. Lights on at 10am tomorrow we shall see if any results can be discerned.
9th week and a few strains are trying to dry bud on the vine. We will see how all buds responded to deep exposure to the UVC lamp. All the best to you each in your grows

Opie1

Master Grower
Yes your definitely gonna have to wash ALL of your product for sure. This powdery mildew stuff sucks, big time.
If I were you Iโ€™d spray and scrub everything with bleach, and then get some sulphur and burn it, itโ€™ll help kill the pm thatโ€™s in your fans, filters, light fixtures, etc....everything that you canโ€™t spray. You can get it cheap from Amazon, the sulphur prills, I think theyโ€™re called. And after all the smoke clears, scrub everything again.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Yes your definitely gonna have to wash ALL of your product for sure. This powdery mildew stuff sucks, big time.
If I were you Iโ€™d spray and scrub everything with bleach, and then get some sulphur and burn it, itโ€™ll help kill the pm thatโ€™s in your fans, filters, light fixtures, etc....everything that you canโ€™t spray. You can get it cheap from Amazon, the sulphur prills, I think theyโ€™re called. And after all the smoke clears, scrub everything again.
What was that YouTube vid about the uvC ?
UV wizard? Hahaha
I dont think growbro would appteciate the smell but hey. No pm , am I right!?

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Here is a photo of the GMO Adub
Before treatment
9CCA4733-2969-4F9E-8D0C-DAFE943753E7.jpeg
Now after treatment
51E79054-350F-46A2-AC67-F411471C1EB2.jpeg
One more
0179AE59-43C4-498A-896D-F86CFF011735.jpeg
The pm no longer looks white itโ€™s no like a dust grey. However
I would have like to see none
That ainโ€™t going to happen.....
The punch bible is drying on the vine
At week nine C1745CA4-61EC-4E52-AFB1-3C476144CA29.jpeg
So all the strains starting to do this I will harvest and h2o2 water bath ๐Ÿ›€
Begins now
I will not be using uVC lights in the future. This will be going inside my
Ac unit next to the coils behind the air intake ac filters. So if your late late in flower 40%milk\60%water was best treatment no winner though if not for h2o2 water bath itโ€™s a total loss.
Hope this helps other grower share the knowledge and experience. Peace โœŒ

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I Agree.
Milk is underrated.
From what i have read its more of a preventative measure than a treatment.
Also it memtions to use it foliar at the beginning to middle of the light cycle in order for the milk to spoil and leave a protective enzyme residue. Temporary but it does the trick.
I noticed some under my clone tray amd heatmat. I noticed it on one clone lowers. I spotted it real early obviously.
That sucka though bro. I would probably smoke it if it was all I had. But other than that I'd probably make hash.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Old ST1R did the right thing with his grow .What should be done upon discover of wicked PM. I completed the bud wash on 2 of the plants with very light PM displayed.
I rinsed , I fan dried about 1 1/2hr.
Buds did have its fragrance and it look really๐Ÿ‘€ nice .... until i checked inbetween the bud flower itself.
There it was simply ๐Ÿ˜ณ the truth!
The reason why so many before just tear it down clean clean disinfect sulpher burn then clean again and start once more on the next grow.
I want to thank everyone for your
Support and shared experience dealing with this wicked PM.
Here is my grow/ room to night ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ‘
D9FEA4A5-81AF-476B-BBE9-BCB5AE49FC6C.jpeg
35 HB strains 9 weeks into flower
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ
All the clone moms
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฑโœŒ
I am taking it all new from seed
And it will only be in (HB hydro)
1strain.
ThNkyou old ST1r, Opie1 , TerpyTyrone, High kev , gwheels,
Highland Rogue. Sfrigon1,
And Uncle HB.
What a awesome adventurous journey
๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ-peace

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Old ST1R did the right thing with his grow .What should be done upon discover of wicked PM. I completed the bud wash on 2 of the plants with very light PM displayed.
Buds did have its fragrance and it look really๐Ÿ‘€ nice .... until i checked inbetween the bud flower itself.
The reason why so many before just tear it down clean clean disinfect sulpher burn then clean again and start once more on the next grow.
View attachment 63891
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ
All the clone moms
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฑโœŒ
1strain.
And Uncle HB.
๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ-peace
Oh man! Sorry to see this. PM is a fucking bitch.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
View attachment 63891
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ
All the clone moms
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฑโœŒ
1strain.
And Uncle HB.
๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ-peace
Hmu I got some beans for ya to restart๐Ÿ˜

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
View attachment 63891
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ
All the clone moms
Gone ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฑโœŒ
1strain.
And Uncle HB.
๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบโœŒ-peace
Damn! that was a few plants.

My first punch bubble(thanx for the cut uknowho) came out just like yours and it had PM. Clones, which were taken prior to PM problems, came out much, much, nicer on subsequent runs. Everything was better and BIGGER!

Has anybody tried garlic, garlic extract? Or know how to make it? I have a shitload of garlic and I'd like to try and make that extract and see what it does. Knowing how, up front, would be helpful, lol. Although not knowing how has never stopped me from doing anything, lol. ;)

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I am solid on HB genetics and I can atest that preventive measure is a must! Cracking seed , rooting clones,
Are battles engaged. However there is no victory by any means in the grow against PM except if itโ€™s prevented from ever occurring which requires
Preventive actions to that which has not presented itself. The invisible thief
Wicked Pm
Yes you lose the flowet
But you lose so much more....
The journey of harvest to curing to savoring each strain. your labor strife and efforts are given no reward except that of experience.
35 strains
13 clones
35 strain moms (in cloner)
All gone

Hey fellas new to this great site but not new to the PM issues so I thought Iโ€™d chime in.

I have used the many common methods like milk, apple cider vinegar, and baking soda. Adding soap or lemon juice too. Tried different ratios that Iโ€™ve read up on with not much success. Even tried the hydrogen peroxide method which shouldnโ€™t be recommended unless itโ€™s super diluted. Iโ€™ve sprayed, soaked n dipped whole clones into solutions too ๐Ÿ˜

I read Sm-90 can be harsh which I believe itโ€™s recommended to use only in veg like Eagle 20ew (or myclo 20) but another product Actinovate Is recommended during flower. I preferred a natural route tho.

Couple years back is when I researched all this more deeply. What finally worked good was potassium bicarbonate! (similar to green cure product) I found and tried this online ratio:

Mix 3 tbsp. of potassium bicarbonate, 3 tbsp. vegetable oil, and 1/2 tsp. soap into a gallon of water. Spray onto affected plants.
(2 1/2 Tbsp potass + 1/2 tbsp soda)

Green cure ingredients:
Potassium bicarbonate 85%
Other ingredients 15%
(Sodium bicarbonate +)
GreenCureยฎ can be used as a good preventative control of powdery mildews by applying 1 tablespoon per gallon of water every 1 to 2 weeks

I also found that another modern product was being sold with good reviews called banish. I then began looking up those ingredients.

Banish ingredients:
Geraniol (geranium oil plant extract)
16.70%
Other ingredients
83.30%
(Water & isopropyl alcohol)

Smite ingredients:
Geraniol 20%
Peppermint oil (cas# 8006-90-4) 1%
Cottonseed oil (cas# 8001-29-4).1%
Rosemary oil (cas# 8000-25-7).01%
Other ingredients 78.89%
(Canola oil)(cas# 120962-03-0)

Geraniol (also found in the product Smite for mite issues) is what I ordered and made my own spray which did the job best!

Ended up incorporating all 3 product ingredients as my own all in one natural spray. Sprayed every 2 weeks n never saw anything return or show up.

Good luck!