Treating Pm with nightime UVC

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I been playing with a garlic extract and like what I see so far. Here's what I did.............put 2 good size garlic heads in a blender with 1 quart of water with a couple drops of dish soap. Liquefy, strain. Add 50 ml of that extract with 500 ml water (10% mix) put that in the sprayer, sprayed some of the worst offenders. Next day, they looked so good I sprayed everything in the tent. 7 days later and I don't see any pm on the leaves. So I blasted everything again tonight and will keep an eye on it. Smells great, lol :)

Deez. Nutz

I've used the potassium bicarb also. It seems to stop it in its tracks and help get rid of it off it's leaves, but it never eradicated it 100% at least not when growing outside, but it did save my gelato though.

You can get it online, or pretty cheaply from most homebrew shops.

The company that sells it is LD carlson, and you can make your own spray for pennies on the dollar.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Ok....10 days later and there's nothing to spray. I just took in a Bzilla, that had it, and it was clean enough, I almost was not going to wash it. I could not see any pm under magnification, the BZ is very susceptible btw. I washed it anyway. And the rest of the tent is clean. The BZ has some browned leaves but I am not sure if that was from the prior treatments with peroxide, maybe my mix is a little hot. I am using it in the garden on my zuchinni, squash and pumpkin leaves, some will get pm, so far nadda. I had a stinkbug on the pumpkin and a blast knocked him senseless, he was dogg paddling upside down last I seen him.

This needs further work but there's nothing to spray now. But this does not work like the peroxide, baking soda, cures where the shit pops right back in a day or two, this knocks the shit out of it and you don't see it. Gotta be the sulphur in the garlic

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Potassium silicate too. I wouldn't spray flowers with anything though. I like the silicate cause it doesn't leave behind any carbonates and also has it's own functions. It's the high ph of both solutions that make it effective. Never had PM. Have suffered from the cobweb style in my buds though. I chalk that up to improper ventilation/overcrowding.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

my go to that worked great was/is GREEN CURE. IT WILL EVEN ARREST IT AFTER IT'S HAD A HEAD START cause u didn't know what to do or what it was. ijs not too expensive but i haven't bought any in 11 yrs . had pm and mites on my last run before i retired and green cure helped me be able to smoke my harvest including some GDP (the legit cut) which i could have gotten it dialed in but only ran it that one time.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I been playing with a garlic extract and like what I see so far. Here's what I did.............put 2 good size garlic heads in a blender with 1 quart of water with a couple drops of dish soap. Liquefy, strain. Add 50 ml of that extract with 500 ml water (10% mix) put that in the sprayer, sprayed some of the worst offenders. Next day, they looked so good I sprayed everything in the tent. 7 days later and I don't see any pm on the leaves. So I blasted everything again tonight and will keep an eye on it. Smells great, lol :)
I cannot shake the PM. Gonna give this garlic spray a shot and see if it works for me.

How many times did you spray them and how long in between sprays?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I cannot shake the PM. Gonna give this garlic spray a shot and see if it works for me.

How many times did you spray them and how long in between sprays?
I sprayed them the first round and then a week later. Then I waited 10 days and sprayed a little, but there wasn't anything to spray. Now, I'll wait 2 weeks unless it pops back up.
You could easily halve the base mix to 1 head of garlic to a pint. I ended up freezing half and I still have a shitload.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I sprayed them the first round and then a week later. Then I waited 10 days and sprayed a little, but there wasn't anything to spray. Now, I'll wait 2 weeks unless it pops back up.
You could easily halve the base mix to 1 head of garlic to a pint. I ended up freezing half and I still have a shitload.
I like all organic etc but using organic inputs like that and milk etc always made me feel like I'd add to the problem. Maybe an essential oil something that has been distilled and separated from material that may rot or mold itself. Carbonates seem to work, silicates can work no doubt. The high ph will kill mold. When bud and mold are happening at the same time the trash is about the only answer I find satisfactory personally. However I dont know much about PM and its toxicity. Good luck brotha brothas. And sistas!

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Sorry to hear the tales of woe with PM. I've been there a couple times.

I found mixing sulfur with water (a few drops of soap for surfactant) to be very helpful for plants in veg. Wear a mask when spraying and don't lick your fingers!

It can burn them though, so best to test your mix ratio on a plant you have spare clones of etc. Also, seedlings and young clones are more susceptible to being burned. I would never spray sulfur on plants in flower past the first week or two, strain and flower formation being the determinant of when to cease.

A dehumidifier set at 50% humidity and fan running during lights off in the flower area have helped me get rid of the PM problem. (fingers still crossed...been about a year).

Nobody wants to shut down and REALLY start over, but that's what I did, super cleaned veg and flower area, new plants, cleaned lights, new fan etc.
Side benefit of the sulfur is it ain't too tasty to spider mites either. If you're worried about residual sulfur on leaves intended for extractions or butter after harvest, a water rinse right before they go from veg to flower does the trick.

Sulfur comes in premixed concentrate or powder form, and it's inexpensive.

1596553063253.png

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Exactly!!! 54 on the dot in here too! Going to try and mimic winter temps and humidity I guess.
According to google, average humidity in our city in July is about 47.
LOL! This is the average humidity for each month in Boston, MA, and this is my first year actually using an AC unit in the grow room. The humidity in the house is obviously lower in the winter months since it's sealed up and heated.

8-4-2020 5-04-25 PM.jpg

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Your right there is just about infinite material out there. So why the hell would I read everything if it isnt valuable or pertaining to me?
I'm sorry.........I thought you were giving out PM advice and could use the links to better form your opinions. :rolleyes:

I like all organic etc but using organic inputs like that and milk etc always made me feel like I'd add to the problem. Maybe an essential oil something that has been distilled and separated from material that may rot or mold itself. Carbonates seem to work, silicates can work no doubt. The high ph will kill mold. When bud and mold are happening at the same time the trash is about the only answer I find satisfactory personally. However I dont know much about PM and its toxicity. Good luck brotha brothas. And sistas!