Treating Pm with nightime UVC

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Super fucking humid here this year, eh? Well it seems more humid than normal. It’s fucking 54%. I don’t recall it ever being that high here.
Here its usually around 60-70 in the daytime and over 90 at night. Thats why i cannot do air exchange from the outside

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Just harvested 2 ECSD about a half hour ago. These were in the PM tent. There is no PM on the leaves or buds that I can see, including under magnification. Zip.........I have one more to do later. The garlic mix worked but was hot enough to fry quite a few sugar leaves. Bitchy trim but the buds are clean of PM.

We had power out for 2 1/2 days, so fans, lights, exhaust were all on their minimums. One plant, a dubstep got some PM on a few leaves to the point looked like snow. I blasted the hell out of it with the garlic spray and all that powder was gone next day. Before I would be just ripping those leaves off, considering them hopeless . Peroxide, baking soda, milk, DE.......can't do that.

Waxman420

Someone who thought pm was going to make me quit growing my own stash. It can be beat. Its all about prevention. I use method 1 every sunday on all veg plants like a fucking religion . Its supposed to prevent pm . Essential oils yada yada 40 bucks concentrate for like 8 gallons spray.
Sulphur vapour during down times it gets every knook and cranny .
Neem oil all plants before flip.

Also added a 20 inch box fan with a 20x20 mid-high range furnace filter the 3m ones good to pickup pollen and mold spores, I change filter every other grow. The grow i dont change filter , ill run with the sulphur for a couple minutes.

Sounds like a pain in the ass but i kept a few cuttings i couldnt part with and can happily say no pm in like 8 grows same place , some of the same genetics. I tossed all the mildew magnets tho

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Someone who thought pm was going to make me quit growing my own stash. It can be beat. Its all about prevention. I use method 1 every sunday on all veg plants like a fucking religion . Its supposed to prevent pm . Essential oils yada yada 40 bucks concentrate for like 8 gallons spray.
Sulphur vapour during down times it gets every knook and cranny .
Neem oil all plants before flip.

Also added a 20 inch box fan with a 20x20 mid-high range furnace filter the 3m ones good to pickup pollen and mold spores, I change filter every other grow. The grow i dont change filter , ill run with the sulphur for a couple minutes.

Sounds like a pain in the ass but i kept a few cuttings i couldnt part with and can happily say no pm in like 8 grows same place , some of the same genetics. I tossed all the mildew magnets tho
I'm interested in what you are calling "sulphur vapour" Can you detail that process out for us?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Old ST1R did the right thing with his grow .What should be done upon discover of wicked PM. I completed the bud wash on 2 of the plants with very light PM displayed.
I rinsed , I fan dried about 1 1/2hr.
Buds did have its fragrance and it look really👀 nice .... until i checked inbetween the bud flower itself.
There it was simply 😳 the truth!
The reason why so many before just tear it down clean clean disinfect sulpher burn then clean again and start once more on the next grow.
I want to thank everyone for your
Support and shared experience dealing with this wicked PM.
Here is my grow/ room to night 😊🌺👍
View attachment 63891
35 HB strains 9 weeks into flower
Gone 😊🌺✌
All the clone moms
Gone 😊🌱✌
I am taking it all new from seed
And it will only be in (HB hydro)
1strain.
ThNkyou old ST1r, Opie1 , TerpyTyrone, High kev , gwheels,
Highland Rogue. Sfrigon1,
And Uncle HB.
What a awesome adventurous journey
😊🌺✌-peace
This pic explains some of the problem. Basements are typically humid compared to the rest of the house- and if your rH is already high it makes sense. 2 things I would try (one or the other) would be some Kilz paint, or some other sealant/mold-preventer - or tents. Even stuck in the same basement, tents will give you smaller environments to control. Exhaust gets sucked through low-to-high taking some tent rH with it.

for what it's worth.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
A note on the garlic extract.........It has a limited "useful" life. Freshly mixed works well, then after 2 week it is no longer winning. Back to the drawing board, that tent is done in 1 week anyway, lol. PM sucks! I hosed down one Dubstep with green cure and tossed it outside.

Gemtree

How contagious is it between grows if you only got it once from an outside clone? I got new filters and ducting but how well do I need to clean the dehumidifier, fans and ac? Would a physan spray down he sufficient.