Time for change

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is amazing how we all find a medium to grow in and LOVE IT....and the next awesome grower HATES it.

I find its easy because when i mix the nutes they always PH out exactly right for hydro or coco. But i have never grown in soil except outside.

:)

Soil is so dinosaur....geeze.... Your sun sucks....you need the latest LED 5000 ! :D

Now1more

Super Active Member
I've only ever grown in soil. I will never try another grow method... More investment, learning curve, etc. My memory is shit and I'll stay with what I know. Hell, LEDs were a big step for me! Besides, I like completely organic, making my own nutes, and knowing that I'm aware of what's in my bud.

D

Deleted member 60

Can't say I HATE coco....but it's never treated me well. As far as hydro...I get it...faster veg...more yields...etc.
I did all of the hydro stuff over the years....DWC/RDWC///NFT...Ebb/Flow...drip....rockwool.... Waterfarms... Aeroflo2.... DIY Under Current....etc. Only did soil in my early days and for moms back when I kept moms. Then when everything changed for me via my oldest son leaving the rock and legalization taking away the need for those kinda yields...I went back to "soil" (technically..still "hydroponics") grows in the fake dirt mediums they sell in bags....LOL. Just easier......and I like stinky organic ferts and stuff over the blue/green/red/etc chemmie stuff...

Now1more

Super Active Member
coco and perlite with leds is all I have ever used and I am too old to change
When I started growing LEDs were to expensive, even considering the electric bill. The technology just wasn't there. Started like most with hids. I still have two running now. Something in me can't rely on LEDs completely. Dang, maybe I'm just old and stubborn.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
When I started growing LEDs were to expensive, even considering the electric bill. The technology just wasn't there. Started like most with hids. I still have two running now. Something in me can't rely on LEDs completely. Dang, maybe I'm just old and stubborn.
Believe me I have a graveyard of worthless blurple expensive led lights from way back and what to do with them hard to take to the trash dump.
Many did OK but never really good. I started building my own cob fixtures and shit turned around now I have two tents of cobs I built and two tents with timber lights. I can't get enough heat out of the strip leds but the cobs get it done this time of year.

D

Deleted member 60

Everything in my collection are 600's and 1000's. Try Crazedlist.......you might find a deal there.

D

Deleted member 60

Check ebay, there are all kind of cheap ballasts on there as folks move to LED.
And I will add.......AND as the $$$$$ disappear before folks eyes via legalization and the States becoming the new drug dealer on the block....

That is the case in Colorado, for sure. You can even find an LED/tent/fans/nutes package for cheap as folks try to recoup some of their starry-eyed/gonna get rich investment .

shimz

vapest
I don't want to be the turd in the punchbowl, but the lights you bought are a DIRECT ripoff of the HLG lights right down to calling them RSPEC. Don't know how they're not getting sued yet.

That said I wish you well with them and I hope they rock it for you. Best of luck on your LED adventures!

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't want to be the turd in the punchbowl, but the lights you bought are a DIRECT ripoff of the HLG lights right down to calling them RSPEC. Don't know how they're not getting sued yet.

That said I wish you well with them and I hope they rock it for you. Best of luck on your LED adventures!
Maybe because they’re just boards and drivers on a frame and HLG can’t possibly patent something like that?

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
While I can't disagree, to so blatently rip off everything they're doing over there at HLG seems pretty shady to me.
Not going to disagree with you. Business is shady everywhere unfortunately. Hopefully buddy gets good life out of his light nonetheless :)