The Upward Spyral

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
No thank you bro, let me know how the smoke treats ya. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these popping up with more people running them. I don't know how many plants I've had now with the bonus leaf, but no bonus buds have popped up. Your's is the first I've seen out of those or the DDB's.
Will do mac. That little bud is very interesting. I have seen it before on other strains but first time experiencing it personally. Really cool stuff ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Please excuse HPS :)

Ground Pounder #1 - GK Genetics - @Phylex - Week 5

20200102_223311_gp1.jpg
Got my eye on this one. Structure is very uniform, consistent 9 and 11 bladers.

20200102_222814_gp1.jpg
Tallest and most robust out of the 4 sisters. Several smells at this point - lemon with a hint of oldskool leaded gasoline and a purple sweet tart back end.

Schwaggy's Afghan Skunk - Schwaggy Seeds - @Schwaggy P - Week 4

20200102_221925.jpg

SAS #2

20200102_221419.jpg
SAS #3 - got my eye on this one. Bud sites popping up all over with big reaching 9 bladers. Koosh ball main crown. Its not even getting direct light and it's killing the others in its shared tote home.

Appalachian Super Skunk x Schwaggy's Afghan Skunk #13 - Schwaggy Seeds - @Schwaggy P - Week 4

20200102_222141_ass2.jpg
Tall ASS #2 reaching past a hooded CMH

20200102_222255_ass2.jpg
ASS #2 Sleek and spider like

20200102_222133.jpg
ASS #2 - Interesting structure and 4-corner positioning of calyxes

20200102_222309.jpg
ASS #4

20200102_222401_ass4.jpg
SAS #4 - a bit hard to see but very interesting bud stacking pattern. Typically for at least the main stalk, I see 2 main nugs at a node, one on either side of the stalk. This plant has 3 nugs stacking up on the same stem coming off of the main stalk up and down the plant.

No obvious smells yet other than skunk but I can tell it's coming soon.

Last edited:

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Berry Lights OG 4 #1 (Eastys Treats @Easty) - End of Week 4 Flower

20200103_214815.jpg

This one was runty 2 weeks ago. Gave her new digs right next to the bare bulb CMH and catching the basking warm glow of HPS...

20200103_214823_blog1.jpg
...a room with a premium view. She's catching up REALLY quick.

Berry Lights OG 4 #4 (Eastys Treats @Easty) - End of Week 2 Flower

20200103_214623.jpg

Getting her stack on

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Sin City Juice #4 - 3Thirteen Genetics @HydroRed - Week 5 Flower

20200103_214953_scj4.jpg

Frosting up hard. Under HPS with bare bulb CMH side lighting
20200103_215025_scj4 week 5.jpg
UFO starfish bud invasion
20200103_215121.jpg

Citrus Milf #2 - 3Thirteen Genetics @HydroRed - Week 5 Flower

20200103_215215_cm2.jpg

Thank you! No doubt you'll fare well with this one if you are into loud lemon terps and huge colas.
...I strongly concur. Loud lemon with the beefiest and tightest stacking colas out of all the plants at the moment. Keep in mind these are in roughly 1/2 gal pots.

20200103_215350_cm2.jpg

20200103_215516_cm2.jpg

Purple Primate #1 - 3Thirteen Genetics @HydroRed - Week 5 Flower

20200103_215714_pp1.jpg

Also under HPS with...
20200103_215748.jpg...CMH side lighting. HPS is off for a minute.
20200103_215833_pp1.jpg

Time to start with some Liquid Koolbloom. I've had bad luck with PK boosters of different kinds in relation to lockouts. I am taking the less is more approach and being conservative with it.

As for smells, think of all the citrus you can all mixed into one and take a big whiff. I get a bit more specific in HydroRed's thread.

Last edited:

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
20200104_021622.jpg
Is there such a thing as praying too much (or too hard)? Not too bad of leaf taco-ing. The one in the far left corner is taco-ing just as hard as the one directly under the light. Seems like a "typical" pray ๐ŸŒฎ leaf but more of an intense "reach for the skies" kinda thing going on.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Sin City Juice #4 - 3Thirteen Genetics @HydroRed - Week 5 Flower

View attachment 39735

Frosting up hard. Under HPS with bare bulb CMH side lighting
View attachment 39736
UFO starfish bud invasion
View attachment 39737

Citrus Milf #2 - 3Thirteen Genetics @HydroRed - Week 5 Flower

View attachment 39738

...I strongly concur. Loud lemon with the beefiest and tightest stacking colas out of all the plants at the moment. Keep in mind these are in roughly 1/2 gal pots.

View attachment 39739

View attachment 39740

Purple Primate #1 - 3Thirteen Genetics @HydroRed - Week 5 Flower

View attachment 39741

Also under HPS with...
View attachment 39742...CMH side lighting. HPS is off for a minute.
View attachment 39748

Time to start with some Liquid Koolbloom. I've had bad luck with PK boosters of different kinds in relation to lockouts. I am taking the less is more approach and being conservative with it.

As for smells, think of all the citrus you can all mixed into one and take a big whiff. I get a bit more specific in HydroRed's thread.
I haven't yet successfully used pk boosters ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Playing with a camera I got for free. Thought it was broken, but all I did was pull off the dented lense bezel to allow the zoom lense to extend out, and here we are.

GP3_Week 6.JPG
Ground Pounder #3 - GK Genetics - @Phylex - Week 6

CM2_Week 6.JPG
Citrus Milf #2 - 3Thirteen Genetics - @HydroRed - Week 6

Definitely different than using a phone. There is going to be a learning curve on how to properly use even the main features. Not a DSLR but is only a couple of years old and has lots of cool options. However, I already dislike not being able to put a memo or change the filename on the fly for quick referencing. Even if I could, there is no touchscreen or keyboard so it would be very time consuming to cursor over the keyboard alphabet one letter at a time, just as bad as flip phone texting. With multiple plants and a few angles from each plant, it's gonna be impossible to stay organized unless I write down the file name and comments on paper and update accordingly. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Last edited:

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Playing with a camera I got for free. Thought it was broken, but all I did was pull off the dented lense bezel to allow the zoom lense to extend out, and here we are.

View attachment 40596
Ground Pounder #3 - GK Genetics - @Phylex - Week 6

View attachment 40597
Citrus Milf #2 - 3Thirteen Genetics - @HydroRed - Week 6

Definitely different than using a phone. There is going to be a learning curve on how to properly use even the main features. Not a DSLR but is only a couple of years old and has lots of cool options. However, I already dislike not being able to put a memo or change the filename on the fly for quick referencing. Even if I could, there is no touchscreen or keyboard so it would be very time consuming to cursor over the keyboard alphabet one letter at a time, just as bad as flip phone texting. With multiple plants and a few angles from each plant, it's gonna be impossible to stay organized unless I write down the file name and comments on paper and update accordingly. Maybe I'm missing something here.
That's what I do when I take so many pictures for the large updates. I just write down on a piece of paper who it is, and how many pics throughout the entire photo shoot.

For instance.

BA1 (3), BA2 (4), GP1 (4), GP2 (6), GP3 (3), etc.

Then I download them to my computer and reference the paper to label them all on the laptop. Maybe there's a more efficient way, but for not being very technically savvy, that's what I figured out works for me.

Those new pics with the camera look awesome @spyralout