The Upward Spyral

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
We have some pics of our setup from when we were building it, so thought we'd put it up so you can get an idea of what we're working with. It seems like a such a long time ago when we started but it was only a month and a half ago 😡 Time flies when you do something you enjoy.

πŸ€™

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Woke up to this mess yesterday morning. Water everywhere also in the tent. Shop vac'd it all up. Res was empty, tested for leaks. None. Had changed the air stones the previous night from 2 flat half dollar size stones to one 4" disc in the middle, suction cupped to the bottom, because the small ones were getting tossed around and tangled with the roots. A lot more bubbles. Come to find out that the hose to the manifold slipped off the pump over night and it was sitting on the floor, so water siphoned out of the buckets. Then the system drained the res empty, explains why the buckets had near topped off levels of water.
Learned some key lessons:
- the pond liner trough SAVED OUR ASS
- raised the pump above the water level to prevent siphoning (tried different check valves and they were restricting air by a significant amount)
- used hose clamps for the pump to manifold connection (didn't seem necessary at first because the connection felt tight but the prolonged heat made the hose softer and looser fitting)

What a PITA. Could've been much worse. πŸ˜“πŸ˜¬πŸ€ž

DETβ€”PDX

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 10888
Bridezillas

View attachment 10889
ECSDs. hmm what's that in the middle :unsure:

View attachment 10890
A 13-bladed leaf??

View attachment 10891
Looks like it's sprouting 14 & 15?! Never seen this before 😳
First let me say great grow and awesome set up detail. Hydro is def the fast pass to growing.
I’d remove a few fan leaves you feel are blocking bud sites, just my two cents, the bud sites get taller and growth concentrates to those newer fan leaves to fill the space.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
First let me say great grow and awesome set up detail. Hydro is def the fast pass to growing.
I’d remove a few fan leaves you feel are blocking bud sites, just my two cents, the bud sites get taller and growth concentrates to those newer fan leaves to fill the space.
Thank you πŸ˜€ yea these things are going crazy gotta keep em in check. The genetics play a big part too I'm sure. Thanks for the compliment and checking it out 🌱

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Nicely executed garden setup and grow @spyralout.Healthy girls to boot.
Your girl rocks for building that side lightening contraption.Nice grow team.
Keep it pushin' my man.πŸ‘πŸΌ
Thanks man πŸ˜ƒ appreciate that. It's become more than just growing. The bonding and seeing ideas come to fruition gives such an awesome feeling of accomplishment. The sharing with others is right up there too. And this is just the beginning...πŸ˜—

Texagonian

Outlaw
Wow! Great growing and journal @spyralout ! Just got all caught up. Loving the ideas! Water proof area for the tent is rockin and looks like it saved y’all from some serious headaches. I made an almost identical system but am in a 4x4. I haven’t started running in that one yet. In another 4x4 I’m running f&d and some water farms for some testers. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out for ya. πŸ‘ŠπŸ»βœŒπŸ»

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Wow! Great growing and journal @spyralout ! Just got all caught up. Loving the ideas! Water proof area for the tent is rockin and looks like it saved y’all from some serious headaches. I made an almost identical system but am in a 4x4. I haven’t started running in that one yet. In another 4x4 I’m running f&d and some water farms for some testers. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out for ya. πŸ‘ŠπŸ»βœŒπŸ»
Thank you Tex! Appreciate the props :) Yea the trough has been totally clutch and has been way more than worth it. Wasn't expensive either. Replacing the carpet and drywall would've been way worse. I would love to see your setup in action! Going to expand to a 6 site and put the epi bucket outside the tent for the next run. ✌

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thank you Tex! Appreciate the props :) Yea the trough has been totally clutch and has been way more than worth it. Wasn't expensive either. Replacing the carpet and drywall would've been way worse. I would love to see your setup in action! Going to expand to a 6 site and put the epi bucket outside the tent for the next run. ✌
You bet! Your set up looks real nice and clean and is obviously working out for y’all. Only difference in mine is I’m not running ro as of yet. I have really good water where I am. I’ll get some pics up soon on how I’m rolling. Gotta pop new beans first or get some clones.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨

Some interesting patterns showing up.

ECSD - whirly? Spyraly? ;) Looks like the two fan leaves are presenting a little gift, a bud site 😊

Bridezilla

We like the net. Even if it isn't a full on scrog it seems to be help "organize" the branches so to speak. Well, as much as possible given the situation. If they grow a few more inches they can be tucked through the outermost squares.

10971Bridezilla - pinwheels and swirlies? Breezies? Maybe a little spyraly too 😜

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲πŸ”₯πŸ’¨
Have resubscribed to your journal my friend.
Happy you've put one together for us all to see your nice spot and beauty plants. πŸ’ͺπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘

Right, I love seeing all the different methods of folks growing these plants, and the diff strains etc.

Friggin awesome, love the ingenuity. πŸ‘πŸ‘ŠπŸ’ͺ

Haha, it means it has 11 blades. πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ€–
Yeah, I say dumb shit from time to time. Lmfao.

That's so awesome you both love the hobby together. Makes it so much more fun. Thats why this community is so awesome as well, all of us enjoying these journies together.

Sharing is caring. Haha.

Spyral leaves for your moniker. Lol.
The plant is growing your new avatar. πŸ˜‰
Really looking quite stupendously gorgeous ladies, you're doing awesome brother!!!
Thanks for the shout out my man! πŸ˜ƒ it's folks like you that keep this awesome community growing (pun intended). Keep being you Jesse, your positivity and enthusiasm for our craft has not only helped me but a bunnnnncchhaa others for sure. Great to have you on board for the crazy ride πŸ€πŸ‘ŠπŸ”₯

SSGrower

Average Grower
View attachment 10868
Woke up to this mess yesterday morning. Water everywhere also in the tent. Shop vac'd it all up. Res was empty, tested for leaks. None. Had changed the air stones the previous night from 2 flat half dollar size stones to one 4" disc in the middle, suction cupped to the bottom, because the small ones were getting tossed around and tangled with the roots. A lot more bubbles. Come to find out that the hose to the manifold slipped off the pump over night and it was sitting on the floor, so water siphoned out of the buckets. Then the system drained the res empty, explains why the buckets had near topped off levels of water.
- raised the pump above the water level to prevent siphoning (tried different check valves and they were restricting air by a significant amount)
- used hose clamps for the pump to manifold connection (didn't seem necessary at first because the connection felt tight but the prolonged heat made the hose softer and looser fitting)

Reading through I was gonna comment on the foresight of the liner, carry on.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
View attachment 10868

Nice to be prepared. That could have been bad without that liner. Well done.