The official Heisenbeans Youtube Competition

printer

Super Active Member
light is heat and the glass magnifies it
Sorry, no. If you are thinking magnifying glass then what you are doing is directing light from a wide area to a smaller one which concentrates the energy. In terms of heat a glass tube that should not happen, the radiation is still going of at a right angle from the bulb and glass tube. The heat off the bulb surface heats the air and the tube confines it stopping it from moving into the tent. The air going through the tube cools the tube and bulb by conduction. Because we have lowered the temperature of both glass surfaces and we took that heat out of the tent there is a net loss of energy in the tent as compared to without the tube. I worked in industrial heating and in large building HVAC, the best way to keep an area cool is to collect the heat at the source and remove it.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Sorry, no. If you are thinking magnifying glass then what you are doing is directing light from a wide area to a smaller one which concentrates the energy. In terms of heat a glass tube that should not happen, the radiation is still going of at a right angle from the bulb and glass tube. The heat off the bulb surface heats the air and the tube confines it stopping it from moving into the tent. The air going through the tube cools the tube and bulb by conduction. Because we have lowered the temperature of both glass surfaces and we took that heat out of the tent there is a net loss of energy in the tent as compared to without the tube. I worked in industrial heating and in large building HVAC, the best way to keep an area cool is to collect the heat at the source and remove it.
And, to add to that, glass is a pretty effective insulator. The only reason the interior of cars get so hot is because the air has nowhere to go. A small exraction fan in one window, and the opposing window opened as an intake, will lower the interior temperature down to just a few degrees above the outside temp.

And, to add to that, glass is a pretty effective insulator. The only reason the interior of cars get so hot is because the air has nowhere to go. A small exraction fan in one window, and the opposing window opened as an intake, will lower the interior temperature down to just a few degrees above the outside temp.
NAILED it! That and the fact they get all 3 kinds of heat transfer... Summertime is coming please remind any really dumb cerebrally challenged people you know to not leave pets in the car and ESPECIALLY don't leave any small kids.
3 kinds of Heat Transfer.jpg

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Speaking of heat, my house Ac is cutting on and off. Plants are ok as it started yesterday after lights out. Today high is 94! This could get messy. Need new AC today!...FOR THE PLANTS!!! Seems like it could be thermostat wire, but Im no AC guy. Its been giving me problems for the last year. Should have dropped the 5 g's a month ago. This competition is getting expensive!

Firebeans

I vegged these girls about 60 days, flipping to 12/12 tomorrow. I know they’re not gonna be ready but I’ll post some pics anyway. These pics are before and after their haircuts. No problems with this strain so far 💪🔥🇺🇸

Attachments

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
20210612_164620.jpg20210612_164611.jpgBeen super busy lately. Have a month in between my old job and new job to get stuff done around the house, so been going nonstop from the time I wake up until I crash out at night. Anyways, heres the girls. The 6 that I let veg for a bit longer to heal up have been in flower about a week. Phenomenal 1 week growth. The one that may or may not finish in time that I flowered a bit earlier is taller than all the other strains in the same tray, and they had about a 2 week head start. Impressed by the resiliency of these plants. Everyone's crushing it, and hope to be able to participate more in the nest few weeks!20210612_164603.jpg

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
View attachment 93825View attachment 93826Been super busy lately. Have a month in between my old job and new job to get stuff done around the house, so been going nonstop from the time I wake up until I crash out at night. Anyways, heres the girls. The 6 that I let veg for a bit longer to heal up have been in flower about a week. Phenomenal 1 week growth. The one that may or may not finish in time that I flowered a bit earlier is taller than all the other strains in the same tray, and they had about a 2 week head start. Impressed by the resiliency of these plants. Everyone's crushing it, and hope to be able to participate more in the nest few weeks!View attachment 93827
Good Job Shep!

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Mine arent putting on yhe frost like the others I ve seen but the smell is getting strong, My short plant is straight Guava..View attachment 93913View attachment 93914
Glad to see that these plants have a bit of variance. Some mature faster than others. Must be a good mix of indica and Sativa dominant beans in every pack! Some leaning towards the Indy side, some lean a bit to the Sativa side!

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁

Robbyspro

Hmu15aG
My 3 are about in the same situation as yours. Two look like they will be done early (indica dom) and the other looks like it may go more than 10 weeks (Sativa dom). Great Job Robby!
Thanks man! I can’t wait to see how these are smoking! It’s crazy, when this competition started I was worried about having 14 weeks to finish, and now I’m on track to finish about 2 weeks early. Pretty crazy, I’m gonna start doing more plants and less veg from now on! Definitely the way to go